Forza Horizon Xbox 360 verbatim game works but displays disc is unreadable error

ricky006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i burned with good verbatims , passed all the abgx stealth checks . burnermax payload enabled ticked all the right imageburn boxes .

so gave disc to my nephew he has LT V3.0 flashed .

here's what happens game icon appears in disk tray box

launch game

intro plays

select single player game

please wait screen comes on then spinning icon for 2 to 3 mins

then the dreaded disc is unreadable error ?

forza horizon is a XGD3 i know, i burned Minecraft last year same way that worked fine .

i have moved on, but i tried it in my RGH xbox slim and it does the same as his xbox

back in the day i had a proper flashed ihas dvd burner xgd3 never a problem.

only difference i can think of is i could not enable any of the hyper force tuning options on my burnermax payload drive , as i do not have my ihas drive in my pc anymore ?

xXBeefyDjXx

Trophies
XP
Country
only difference i can think of is i could not enable any of the hyper force tuning options on my burnermax payload drive , as i do not have my ihas drive in my pc anymore ?
You answered your own question...
XGD3 Games, Especially Forza 4 and beyond are usually at or above the typical 8.5GB Format and you absolutely must overburn them in order for them to be as close to complete as possible.

You can verify your burns using an 0800 drive and running them back through ABGX if you have a spare Xbox Drive laying around...

Reactions: BigOnYa

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XGD3 Games, Especially Forza 4 and beyond are usually at or above the typical 8.5GB Format and you absolutely must overburn them in order for them to be as close to complete as possible.

You can verify your burns using an 0800 drive and running them back through ABGX if you have a spare Xbox Drive laying around...
Can’t abgx also verify if you have a compatible burner/drive ?

I vaugly recall doing something like this

ricky006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I saw the size change in image burn though it went from 8.5 to 8.7 or what ever the correct amount is before you burn the disc.
Post automatically merged:

but yes the drive i used for the burner max might of needed the extra options but im sure i have burned discs before with the same drive and they worked ok .

Why not just RGH console and live happy life ?
Yes i already have a RGH but my nephew only has a iextreme flashed xbox. which he got for free off me . it was my old one before i got my RGH.

Last edited by ricky006,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd put your ihas drive back in pc and use it to burn 360 disks excusively, if possible. I've found certain Verbatim Dual layer DVD's work better also. Made in Malaysia Verbatims if I remember right, but should'nt matter. Burn at Low speed also, 2.4X or 4X. Ofcourse you can read up on not using a ihas drive, by using overburn, in ImageBurn. You can also ask @godreborn or @DinohScene here, I just summoned them, they are very knowlegdable with the X360 scene. Good Luck!

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: ricky006

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while it's true that certain verbatim discs are better than others, depending on where they were manufactured, I think the problem is either the iso or the burner. I don't have any experience burning xgd3, but with xgd2, all games are one of two sizes due to padding, 7.05 or 7.29GBs, layer break is the same for all of them. the layer break is a different number with xgd3, but all xgd3 games use the same one, and most likely there's one or two assumed sizes for them as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...