Hacking WUP Installer GX2 freezes when attempting to install SSBU

superwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I've been using WUP Installer GX2 to digitize my discs on my Tiramisu'd Wii U. It's been working perfectly for every game except for Super Smash Bros for Wii U.

Specifically, WUP Installer GX2 randomly stops installing at the 6322.9/11759.9MB (53%) progress mark with this game. It seems like nothing is frozen or errored out, but it never completes.

I've tried re-ripping the disc to no avail. The disc is pristine and has no scratches so I don't think it's an issue with a bad rip.

I've also tried disconnecting every single USB device, also to no avail.

Is this a common issue with SSBU in particular?

Last edited by superwii,

Pin1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is a behavior that I've encountered a lot. I'm still using browserhax and it seems to make a difference if I'm on mocha or not (for dlcs you need mocha, not for the rest afaik). Sometimes it's also just a display error and if you keep the frozen screen on for some time (as long as the rest of the installation might take or a bit longer) and then turn the Wii U off via hardware button the game still completes installation... Maybe try that? :-)

Reactions: superwii

superwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Appreciate the suggestion. I have tried letting it sit for a lengthy period of time in the "frozen" state (overnight even), but it never completes. I also have indeed tried to hard reset the console via its power button but the game is not installed upon rebooting. Something is seemingly getting stuck but not in a way that throws an error.

• Sad
Reactions: Pin1988

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

Hi folks, I've been using WUP Installer GX2 to digitize my discs on my Tiramisu'd Wii U. It's been working perfectly for every game except for Super Smash Bros for Wii U.

Specifically, WUP Installer GX2 randomly stops installing at the 6322.9/11759.9MB (53%) progress mark with this game. It seems like nothing is frozen or errored out, but it never completes.

I've tried re-ripping the disc to no avail. The disc is pristine and has no scratches so I don't think it's an issue with a bad rip.

I've also tried disconnecting every single USB device, also to no avail.

Is this a common issue with SSBU in particular?

Your ripped Disc Size seems ok.
Installed where please ? USB HDD or NAND ? 😉

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Everything is working fine with Wup Installer GX2 and Tiramisu.😉

IMG_20220912_000315.jpgIMG_20220912_000829.jpgIMG_20220912_001655.jpg

superwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I attempted to install to the USB HDD first, then after that failed, I disconnected it (along with all other USB devices) and tried installing to NAND but both failed at the same point.

Re: Alexander1970, I noticed the letters in your partition IDs were lower case, while mine were upper case. Does that matter? When WUDD ripped mine, it set them as upper case. Did you use something other than WUDD to dump the disc?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

Re: Alexander1970, I noticed the letters in your partition IDs were lower case, while mine were upper case. Does that matter? When WUDD ripped mine, it set them as upper case. Did you use something other than WUDD to dump the disc?
It seems it has maybe to do with the Rip...maybe.....

Hmm...maybe you are familiar with NUSspli ?
https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli
(Please note there are 3 different Versions,to choose the correct for your Wii U - Aroma I presume...)

or maybe try the Wii U USB Helper.

Please try to download and install the Game to see it is your Game Disc Rip or maybe the USB Device.:unsure:

Reactions: Pin1988

HackerN00B

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@superwill were you ever able to get SSB installed? I am having the exact same issue - WUDD rip seems to go fine, but subsequent installation with WUP Installer GX2 hangs at 53%, same as you to the tenth of a MB so clearly not a coincidence.

The background animation on WUP installer continues to move so it's not frozen, but the progress bar won't budge even when left overnight. Same result after starting from scratch with a brand new rip.

I would be VERY interested to hear if you ever found a solution, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1