Hacking WUP Installer [crediar / WiiU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
do like he explined to me afew pages ago, when on the folder that has the executables click shift and then right click mouse and choose open command promt here, then past your game title like NUSGrabber.exe 0005000E1010EC00and hit enter
Thanks, it was the clicking on the actual folder that got me confussed, you sorted that.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do we have a method to decrypt the downloaded files?
Iirc crediar also had a tool of some sort around the time when the common key was leaked.

You can use uwizard if you have title.tik and title.tmd. You'll have to remove .app from the filenames, and rename title.tik to cetk, and title.tmd to tmd. Crediars CDecrypt I think is the other one (also there is Disc U), but I haven't used those.

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
You can use uwizard if you have title.tik and title.tmd. You'll have to remove .app from the filenames, and rename title.tik to cetk, and title.tmd to tmd. Crediars CDecrypt I think is the other one (also there is Disc U), but I haven't used those.
So we could theoretically install modified game updates?
Could this lead to new exploits?

Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Too bad we can't decrypt Virtual Console games and get their config files this way for Snes.

just wondering is there a general decript for VC games or each VC games has its specific decrypt key aswhell?

I was just thinking the same thing, there's gotta be a way.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is the current Title version stored in the tmd when downloading without specifying a version?
which offset? (I guess I could check wiibrew, just lazy :P)

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
another n64 VC tester is always needed xD
I had only just realized this minute the potential of getting it back and got quite excited about it!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is the current Title version stored in the tmd when downloading without specifying a version?
which offset? (I guess I could check wiibrew, just lazy :P)
You mean SM64 VC, not sure?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, I mean the version of the downloaded Title (in general, for all titles downloaded with NusGrabber).
For example, you can specify netflix TitleID v96, or just netflix TitleID to get the latest version.
How do you determine the downloaded version when you don't specify one ? WiiUbrew has only v96, not the latest number. If I want to update wiiUbrew to set the real latest version for Netflx, where do I find it in the tmd?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another n64 VC tester is always needed xD

I'd love to have someone dissect Snes VC games and decrypt them, extracting any config files (if they do in fact exist, and I assume they do to an extent). Well, they can be downloaded via NUSGrabber, but no clue as to how to decrypt.

Super Mario 64's title ID is
00050000-10199500 - I assume 10199500 is the offset.

@Cyan, according to http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database it's v0 with the ID of 0005000010199500 for both EU and NA version of SM64.

$10 says 5.4.0+ support will now never see the light of day.

And yet people were warned time and time again to not update.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: VinsCool and Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
no, I mean the downloaded Title.
For example, you can specify netflix TitleID v96, or just netflix TitleID to get the latest version.
How do you determine the downloaded version ? WiiUbrew has only v96, not the latest number. If I want to update wiiUbrew to set the real latest version for Netflx, where do I find it in the tmd?
I don't know I did find SM64 but the list is huge.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I just thought you should really in theory be able to use and download any vc title. I was thinking as long as you can inject the vc title to your wiiu nand then you could possible just then use cafeiin to over right to the rom, I think? a ticket surely would not be needed to stat the actual game.

Last edited by Reecey,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just thought you should really in theory be able to use and download any vc title. I was thinking as long as you can inject the vc title to your wiiu nand then you could possible just then use cafeiin to over right to the rom, I think?

You can download any title, it's just installing it on a console where you didn't purchase it originally is the problem; that being said, I assume they can still be examined somehow after downloading them via the app.

Reactions: Reecey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi