Hacking WUP Installer [crediar / WiiU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone run this down properly please. What you can do exactly and not do and how cause the OP doesn't really explain very well? and is this released now or just some hype business?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Can someone run this down properly please. What you can do exactly and not do and how cause the OP doesn't really explain very well? and is this released now or just some hype business?
the actual interesting bit isnt released, but the NUS downloader is so you can download title updates in preparation....but for now you cant really do anything with them

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
the actual interesting bit isnt released, but the NUS downloader is so you can download title updates in preparation....but for now you cant really do anything with them
Thanks GQ! Do I have this correct you can install full games to your nand via NUS or something like that?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nope, its just game updates, and afaik only stuff you have previously installed (you know the deal as with the 3DS with....tickets)

so to clarify from how i understand it, if for example you previously bought mario kart, then deleted it, you *could* redownload MK8 and reinstall it as your system retains the ticket....but if i never bought it....then i cant....feel free to correct me if i am misunderstanding anything here

Last edited by gamesquest1,
D

Deleted User

sadly it doesnt work for me ... the list wont be downloaded... the Comboboxes stay clear..
Theres no error and no nothing - just no contents to download .
Anyway.. nice and easy gui if it would work ... maybe its a win 10 reason - but doubt it.

I created a GUI tool that parses the TitleID etc from WiiUBrew.org and uses the NUS grabber tool from @crediar :)

Screenshot:
EXMk7LQ.png

Just select the game name from the first Combobox, and then if there are versions available, select one in the second Combobox.

Edit:
The TitleID is retrieved and the "00050000-" of the ID gets replaced with "0005000E".

Download
Edit: I did make a small change...

Edit:
Created with C#, you may need some stuff to get it working.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
create a file *.txt, rename it to *.bat with command:

NUSgrabber.exe titleID

and execute your *.bat

Tried that, Windows 7 told me that it "not a valid Win32 application". UGH. I also tried the GUI version, nothing.

@Adr990

GUI loads but no titles are shown. Why is that? No titles can be accessed.

I can't get anything to download.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
sadly it doesnt work for me ... the list wont be downloaded... the Comboboxes stay clear..
Theres no error and no nothing - just no contents to download .
Anyway.. nice and easy gui if it would work ... maybe its a win 10 reason - but doubt it.
I use Windows 10, I did make a small (non WiiUBrew parsing related) update just now...

It takes a while though before the loading of the WiiUBrew is completed and the parsing (very fast) can start.
Shouldn't take more than 7-10 seconds total?

Last edited by Adr990,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
nope, its just game updates, and afaik only stuff you have previously installed (you know the deal as with the 3DS with....tickets)

so to clarify from how i understand it, if for example you previously bought mario kart, then deleted it, you *could* redownload MK8 and reinstall it as your system retains the ticket....but if i never bought it....then i cant....feel free to correct me if i am misunderstanding anything here
Hold on GQ, what about if I had previously bought a copy of MK8 played it, sold it on and then downloaded it and installed again, does that count? or does it have to be an installed deleted previous version of eshop?

Last edited by Reecey,
D

Deleted User

I use Windows 10, I did make a small (non WiiUBrew parsing related) update just now...

It takes a while though before the loading of the WiiUBrew is completed and the parsing (very fast) can start.
Actually it receives the data quite fast but just does not fill anything in the combobox. had it opened for around 5 minutes now - no success sadly :)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Nah, it don't load anything. Something is wrong. I manually type title id in and get an error, and when i press download it says it cant find nusgrabber.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, it don't load anything. Something is wrong. I manually type title id in and get an error, and when i press download it says it cant find nusgrabber.

Tried the command to get the recent MK8 update, didn't produce any errors, it just went to the next line in command prompt.

Guess data can't be downloaded.

Opened up command prompt, NUSGrabber.exe 00050000-1010EC00 was entered and where said .exe is located, didn't do a damn thing.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried the command to get the recent MK8 update, didn't produce any errors, it just went to the next line in command prompt.

Sounds like you're missing a dependency. Crediar's release works fine. Try redownloading it from his site and try again. Run cmd as admin.

Take out the -

Last edited by EclipseSin,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you're missing a dependency. Crediar's release works fine.

Um that's what I am using, and I did install the dependency, so there's no reason it shouldn't work. The GUI version doesn't work either. FML.

I have the NA version, so CMD should read NUSGrabber\NUSGrabber.exe 00050000-1010EC00, which it does. No errors, just nothing.

Edit: Facepalm, EPIC facepalm.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm okay, multiple reports. :P
That's weird... it works fine here.

Try this:
Edit: Download post
---
It just loads http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database into a WebBrowser and when loading the page is completed it starts to parse.

I then load the retrieved info into a custom object and put that into the combobox.

I used DotNet 4.5.2.

Last edited by Adr990,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hold on GQ, what about if I had previously bought a copy of MK8 played it, sold it on and then downloaded it and installed again, does that count? or does it have to be an installed deleted previous version of eshop?
nope eshop purchased only, and you cant resell eshop copies :P
you dont get a ticket for disk games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!