Hacking WUP Installer [crediar / WiiU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You can download any title, it's just installing it on a console where you didn't purchase it originally is the problem; that being said, I assume they can still be examined somehow after downloading them via the app.
But what I don't understand is whats stopping it being installed to the nand in the first place? how would the console even know until its installed.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But whati don't understand is whats stopping it being installed to the nand in the first place?

Cyan explained it well in another thread, http://gbatemp.net/threads/ticket-m...e-wup-installer-question.397784/#post-5680408

Pretty much, tickets are tied to a randomly-generated ID on the console, which is tied to the NAND. Downloading any title is one thing, installing them on a console that never had those titles in the first place is another.

Edit: Forget I said anything, IDK what I'm talking about.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
D

Deleted User

I have shared the source code of my GUI to Github:
https://github.com/Arndroid94/NUSGrabberGUI

Let's see if that brings clears something up, because I don't see it.
the code itself is wrong... the 2nd if never seems to actually trigger... (PrintDocument)
sadly i dont have time to fix it because i have to go now.
Should not be too hard of a problem. For easy and fast debug try putting MessageBoxes after every if and foreach.

Last edited by ,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah but it needs to be installed first to the memory before it decides it needs a ticket to run so the game should show up in the menu but not run.
content is also encrypted and needs the title key to decrypt and install.....PS is there any way currently to obtain the title key/ticket to decrypt the VC titles, even if its via ram dumps

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
the code itself is wrong... the 2nd if never seems to actually trigger... (PrintDocument)
sadly i dont have time to fix it because i have to go now.
Should not be too hard of a problem. For easy and fast debug try putting MessageBoxes after every if and foreach.
The thing is, it works perfectly here. :P

Maybe I'll try it tomorrow on my laptop. But on my desktop it works without flaw.

D

Deleted User

The thing is, it works perfectly here. :P

Maybe I'll try it tomorrow on my laptop. But on my desktop it works without flaw.
i checked again
if (table.GetAttribute("className").Equals("wikitable sortable jquery-tablesorter"))
that jquery-tablesorter is wrong.... its not in the source code of the standard website.
after removing jquery-tablesorter it works. at least for me ...

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having gigantic downloads for Super Smash Brothers Update?

I've been using the code 0005000010144F00 (USA version) within NUSGrabber, and it pulled over 11.6 GB. Meanwhile I see people saying it was 1.6GB?

Others are better, Super Mario Maker around 900 MB, Mario Kart 8 around 500 MB, so it just seems odd.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Anyone else having gigantic downloads for Super Smash Brothers Update?

I've been using the code 0005000010144F00 (USA version) within NUSGrabber, and it pulled over 11.6 GB. Meanwhile I see people saying it was 1.6GB?

Others are better, Super Mario Maker around 900 MB, Mario Kart 8 around 500 MB, so it just seems odd.

0005000E10144F00
your downloading the full game :P

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
i checked again
if (table.GetAttribute("className").Equals("wikitable sortable jquery-tablesorter"))
that jquery-tablesorter is wrong.... its not in the source code of the standard website.
after removing jquery-tablesorter it works. at least for me ...
Extremely strange...

I tried that, and it gives me empty comboboxes now. :P

Anyways, great!
I'll make the changes, so it will work for both.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... I have a quick question regarding this tool. Is it currently possible to modify files in a game patch and install it directly onto the Wii U? Just kind of curious.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to install a file, it needs to be signed.
if you modify the file, the signature will fail. (and you probably need to decrypt/re-encrypt it too)

decrypting with Cdecrypt is probably possible.
I tried to decrypt version.bin but it gave me only the decrypted title key, it didn't decrypt the files. Edit: I used the wrong arguments.
it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi