Hacking Wood R4 or YSMenu

PirateL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just recieved a R4 SDHC from my friend, and after some reading, I realised that I have gotten a clone version. The firmware (or is it kernel?) is V 1.32 so it's currently the latest clone firmware. My problem is compatibility issues; some games I can't play. I have read the stickies, and to my understanding (please do bare with me) I can either go for the YSMenu route or the R4 Wood.

It seems like the YSMenu is the popular option, but there are some that are saying that R4 Wood isn't bad; just to clarify things, both are good to get the job done right?

Now, at the interest of time, I have chosen to go for the R4 Wood path; I have downloaded the suitable download (link removed) the "waio" file as it is called. My question is, do I have to format my sdmicro before moving the files in there? If so, how? (is there a specific program I need?) After that, is it a matter of just putting everything from the "build" folder in to the root of my micro sd?

Thank you

PirateL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Truth be told, I don't know who that is. I just happened to find that WAIO file under the R4 Wood thing... Out of curiosity, what's so bad about that file? Doesn't it work?

EDIT: sorry about this, but I don't quite understand how to install the YSMenu; do I just put the YSMenu.nds in the root?

PirateL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right... I'll keep that in mind...

On to the YSMenu, I've just moved the YSMenu.nds and the TTFolder and placed it on he root. I then go turn on my DS, go to the YSMenu, asked me somethinng which I think was back a save file or someting, but I ignored it, and then it takes me to another menue looking thing... does this mean it worked?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PirateL said:
Right... I'll keep that in mind...

On to the YSMenu, I've just moved the YSMenu.nds and the TTFolder and placed it on he root. I then go turn on my DS, go to the YSMenu, asked me somethinng which I think was back a save file or someting, but I ignored it, and then it takes me to another menue looking thing... does this mean it worked?
yup. it should show a file list with your folders and stuff.

PirateL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay! I'm a happy bunny now :3

Thank you, just a quick question, I understand that this YSMenu get updated; how would I go about installing the updates?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the link i posted, download it.
go to TTMenu menu and copy the files "extinfo, savlib and infolib and add it to your folder.

PirateL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Was it need to update to 1.34 before I use YSMenu? I just looked around and people are saying that this YSMenu doesn't work with a particular file. I did keep a back-up of 1.32... so what should I do?

PirateL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gah! still having troubles with some games
frown.gif

ShadowtearX

Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
CK3 is the one who made that thread. WAIO's developer left the DS scene and didn't want some of his stuff redistributed, including a certain file in that download (and pretty much the one file that makes it work).

Just read this now.

Anyways just so people know, i have full permission to upload WAIO from the owner.
And have given him full credits for the firmware and made clear its not mine to own nor anyone els!

And currently i'm uploading a new WAIO version that supports cheats, folder animations, and soft-reset.
Also fixed the language files and it seems that more games are working on it then before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo