Hacking Wood R4 (.NDS files to load Wood R4)(CK3)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Calm down, dude. I used the word "fucking" and the bold to point out what I already told you in another thread. If the cart is cutting off the system upon insertion, then it's physically broken and a reflash will not fix it. No matter where you get the software and how you try to put it on, if there's a power/electrical issue, the cart is dead.

Get a new cart and save yourself the trouble.

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@anki
if the .nds nor the firmware booter works u could always try some of the other Wood Firmwares out there.
On another forum i'm currently following 9 Wood firmwares.
Including 3 of them running specificly for SDHC
Besides that in the download section there is also a boot runner for SUpercard DSONE.
U could try some of them, you might be in luck, ill send u a link concerning this matter in a private message.

When u use them i dont have an .nds file made for them mainly cause of it not being one of the Official builds supported by YellowWoodGoblin. but u might want to try to make them urself.

If all fails i recoment trying YSMenu unofficial v1.17a12 for sdhc. wich might work just fine.

If any other problems accure, be sure to contact me or post in one of the forums.
~ck3

@rydian
People are free to ask questions, they might not have as much experiences into it as others.
So lets just keep things in matters of peacefull discussing and replying to others messages in a way of helping.
besides that, im not attacking ur matters, i didnt really read them, im just mentioning the above.

Reactions: Ben Ten's Dad

zusfrid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi. my first here - hope is the right place.
Hi I hope you can help me.. I have a new WI FI R4i 3DS cards V.5.0 and DSi is at 1.4U
Downloaded v. 1.68 - get something that looks like a death screen and the DSi freezes.
Tried more than one card and different micro SD card.
Here is a complete copy of that blue dearh screen:
Same with different games.
"Game "Big Brain Academy (U)
Add launch file. [mornin 1.nds]
Load icons.
Current folder refreshed.
DStack:1000 Pos:88 Used:3452. Total:12580

Launch edit: Delete equal item 0.
Launch edit: Filescount set to 0.
Launch edit: Add to top.
Launch edit: Filescount set to 1.
Launch edit: New item set to 0.
Launch edit: End.

Save launch data '/moonshl2/launch.dat'
Saved launch data. 5148 byte.
DataFullPathFullNameAlias=/games/BIGBRA 1.nds
trpcm stopped.
trpcm stopped.
Close launch data.

DStack:1001 Pos:64, Used 2932, Total 12580
DStack:1000 Pos:88, Used 96, Total 12580
Dtected ROMID:AYAE

BootROM.cpp:196 BootROM_execute: #10005: N't support commercial NNDSROM file.
Application halted
Please refer [/moonshl2/logbuf.txt]"

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i just bought a r4i gold 3ds from www.digitopz. several days ago.Wood V1.59 Released .but i m not sure if it necessary for me to update the firmware and i don't know if the seller has downloaded the latest for me.

sorry for the UBER late reply, been away.
U dont need to update aslong as u dont play the newest games, if you do. Update.

hi. my first here - hope is the right place.
Hi I hope you can help me.. I have a new WI FI R4i 3DS cards V.5.0 and DSi is at 1.4U
Downloaded v. 1.68 - get something that looks like a death screen and the DSi freezes.
Tried more than one card and different micro SD card.
Here is a complete copy of that blue dearh screen:
Same with different games.
"Game "Big Brain Academy (U)
Add launch file. [mornin 1.nds]
Load icons.
Current folder refreshed.
DStack:1000 Pos:88 Used:3452. Total:12580

Launch edit: Delete equal item 0.
Launch edit: Filescount set to 0.
Launch edit: Add to top.
Launch edit: Filescount set to 1.
Launch edit: New item set to 0.
Launch edit: End.

DataFullPathFullNameAlias=/games/BIGBRA 1.nds
trpcm stopped.
trpcm stopped.
Close launch data.

DStack:1001 Pos:64, Used 2932, Total 12580
DStack:1000 Pos:88, Used 96, Total 12580
Dtected ROMID:AYAE

BootROM.cpp:196 BootROM_execute: #10005: N't support commercial NNDSROM file.
Application halted
Please refer [/moonshl2/logbuf.txt]"

Wood r4 isnt supported by ur flashcard.
Whatever firmware you are using, id recoment setting up a new topic with all given details as i have no knowlage or dont have knowlage anymore of you set flashcard you're using.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WoodR4, List of upto date unfixed games.

Code:
XXXX - Chronicles of Mystery - The Secret Tree of Life (Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [VMYV]
XXXX - Tokumei Sentai Go Busters (Japan) [TQ5J]
XXXX - Tron - Evolution (Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) (M4) [VTEX]
XXXX - Beyblade - Metal Fusion (USA) [BBUE]
6243 - Mama's Combo Pack: Volume 1 (USA) (EXiMiUS) [TCYE]
6244 - Mama's Combo Pack: Volume 2 (USA) (EXiMiUS) [TCZE]

TGSE - 6246 - I Spy Game Pack (USA) , Unkown if mainor AP ?,
TKSE - 6212 - My Amusement Park - Digging for Dinosaurs - Game Pack (USA)
Unkown if mainor AP ?,
these works on Flashcards OK, Not work on any Emulator black screens at start.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm trying to do this with my R4iDSN. I want a replacement fw so I tried encrypting a .NDS into _DS_MENU.DAT. However it just won't boot. Is it supposed to work on R4iDSN?
Also I'm using r4crypt. Am I supposed to use r4enc aswell?

Also, if I decrypt Wood R4iDSN 1.64 into a .nds, it would show up as a "corrupted DS program file". Is that normal?

S

swiggu

will any of these firmwares work on R4i SDHC (r4i-sdhc.com) or R4i Gold (r4i-gold.eu)? I can just try out but don't want to break anything...

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@CoolKill3r Great thing you've been doing. Using your repackaged WAIO nds file of WoodM3 is the only way I can use my flashcart, very grateful! I wish I had the
_DSMENU.DAT / .SYS __rpg etc. to boot it directly though, any possibility you could upload that to filetrip? Also how are you able to update WoodM3 for instance, is it just a mix and match of files from original R4 Wood? No possibility to just toss the Wood R4 menu in there and suddenly soft reset and RTS would work? (my card is an M3 clone that has RTS but it's not supported in WoodM3)

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@CoolKill3r Great thing you've been doing. Using your repackaged WAIO nds file of WoodM3 is the only way I can use my flashcart, very grateful! I wish I had the
_DSMENU.DAT / .SYS __rpg etc. to boot it directly though, any possibility you could upload that to filetrip? Also how are you able to update WoodM3 for instance, is it just a mix and match of files from original R4 Wood? No possibility to just toss the Wood R4 menu in there and suddenly soft reset and RTS would work? (my card is an M3 clone that has RTS but it's not supported in WoodM3)

Hey, glad it's of some use for you.
As for WAIO, the cores that are in there for R4/M3 clones ect are all eddited to work by Xenon++, which long left the scene years ago, as for your question related to WoodM3 itself its just a modified woodR4/RPG to work with the compatibele devices in mind where its made for.
I myself have also recently found and reuploaded " Wood v1.25d for M3" you could try this one aswell to see if it has better results for you, i recall WAIO being older and this should have more game support, (my repacks are really only to have a more updatable files and cleaning up unneeded stuff with extra support added (as what you can see in the changelog on filetrip)

I'm not sure if u have tried yet, but have you not tried YSMENU yet? it should almost support every flashcard.
As for the .NDS request, ill check later for you, ill also send u a link for where to download WOOD for M3.

Last edited by ShadowtearX,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this work on a card from r4isdhc.com? Or would this have the same affect YSMenu has on Wood cards?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1