Gaming Woah, Possible Gen D-3 screwup

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the 'final' version, but both this and the initial release refused to boot 6.XX stuff unless all plugins save for maybe popsloader were turned off. Also, I can't seem to load saves for Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, not sure it that's just because the GEN team would rather people pirate than use their own UMDs or something.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so i finally forced myself to update, so far everything seems fine. My system info says "Gen-D3", and im about to start testing games and save files.

Naruto/Gundam running fine, testing a few games with auto save features (Which i heard were corrupting), and Bleach/Metal Slug XX

Bah, some of my older PS1 games arent working. There goes beating Super Robot Wars Alpha =/

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FireEmblemGuy said:
I'm using the 'final' version, but both this and the initial release refused to boot 6.XX stuff unless all plugins save for maybe popsloader were turned off. Also, I can't seem to load saves for Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, not sure it that's just because the GEN team would rather people pirate than use their own UMDs or something.

Innocent life save files also dont work after upgrade from D2 to D3.. so went back
wacko.gif
oh well

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shiroitaka said:
Innocent life save files also dont work after upgrade from D2 to D3.. so went back
wacko.gif
oh well

Are you sure thats not just an issue with the game? I've never heard of such an issue, but I suppose its possible.

wolffangalchemist said:
going back to GEN-D2 in D3 Persona only works from umd and my 1001's umd drive is dead.
will wait for these bugs to bee worked out, hopefully soon.

Have you tried changing UMD drivers first? It wouldnt make sense that a game would only work from UMD and not CSO/ISO.

QUOTE(pcmanrules @ Dec 19 2009, 08:12 PM)
Whoa, i'm really lost. I downloaded the first version i saw and the file name was "xgen-v5-5-50gen-d3-release_1260925491.zip". I'm going back to D2 until all of this is sorted out. Mine goes by the name of 5.50 GEN-D2.

All you have to do is download the FINAL version, from one of many CFW websites, I could PM you a few if you need me to.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
God I wish Dark Alex would come out of retirement. So tired of these GEN clowns.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but man is there a huge gap in quality between GEN and M33.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
justinefremlouw said:
man, are you having fun spamming? It's not as if anyone forced you to move to GEN or something you know? If you are so obsessed about quality, why not stay with m33 then?
He's not spamming. He's expressing his opinion. If he was saying it over and over, then it's spamming.

It's quite obvious that DAs work is much better quality than GENs. And, no, I'm not a DA fanboi.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying he's wrong or right, but this thread is discussing the possible Gen D-3 screwup, as the title says, not why GEN sucks, or whatever...

Like I've said, I'm not saying GEN is better or worse, I'm saying that if you like m33 so much, then stick with it and don't bother with GEN, I'm sure they didn't make it for you anyway.

On a different note, if anyone is having trouble with the Hack//Link demo freezing on the unison tutorial, I've found that waiting a bit before pressing L will let the game go through fine...it seems the subsequent tutorial needs to be loaded a bit first, otherwise it would freeze as soon as you press L...

ohoni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a minor hiccup earlier today. I was playing Naruto Accel 3, and got to the end of the Sasuke Retrieval arc of Master Mode, and loaded up the last "mission" which was actually a cutscene. Instead of loading, it just went black, and the "memory read" light was flashing wildly for about thirty seconds, no button response. I just put it in standby mode though (flicking the power switch) and then back out again, and that apparently jogged it into activity and the cutscene started playing normally from there. Odd though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh