Gaming Woah, Possible Gen D-3 screwup

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, mine was xgen-v5-5-50gen-d3-release_1260925491
it updated to Gen-D(full) but Hack link demo works fine albeit you have to disable game plugins.

That's the only reason I updated, so I guess I will stick with it since it seems to be working properly on my phat

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, if you already have D-3, and arent having any issues, STAY WITH IT. If you are having some issues, or are that desperate to play the demos, then try the new update if you wish. But why try to fix something that isnt broken....especially if you might break it.

Just a question though, has anyone who had the initial D-3 use the final release and have any issues with it? Cant decide whether to risk it or not, im hearing its safer, though, the first one seem stable, but at the same time might have some underlying bugs or something

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does any one seem to know what to do if gen d full is what we want or what im still a bit confused cause if all my games work ill just stay the way i am

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked around, and from what im hearing, the FINAL version (Not the 2nd version), has more compatability compared to the first, and has an Auto MS Speed up function in games so they load faster. Im about to try updating to it in a few minutes, ill post my results

Bah, i decided against it

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
I just know some people who had D-3 who updated to this new one that just got released ended up getting D (Full), along with other errors/bugs

Now I'm confused. The final BETA version was the one with D(full), and the final RELEASE was D-3. You said in the first page that people updated (more like downgraded) to D (full) got bugs and errors, meaning that the final BETA was unstable.

dgwilliaYeah, dont update >_>. I just checked, apparently the Final Beta version was actually less buggy than this.

Yet, you also said that the BETA release was less buggy than the final RELEASE?

I think that's why a lot of people got confused over what you're trying to say.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Both the versions I tried of D-3 caused the save file of Innocent Life to come up as corrupt data in game
frown.gif
i flashed back to d-2 and its fine so will stick with that unless a fix for that pops up... oh well no god eater demo etc for me...

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a slim and i just ran the Gen D installer then the D2 upgrade (to downgrade from Gen D3) and now it works fine. Just a bit naff I cant upgrade if i want to keep my save I have put many hours into
frown.gif

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, technically the first Beta isnt buggy at all, unless it has some underlying bugs do to the fact that its the beta..... The second version was bugged to hell, and the Final version is kinda buggy >_>. I dont know anymore than you guys

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Im still using the first version lol, afraid of bricking or screwing up my PSP. (Especially since i dont have a Pandora, and cant get one for atleast 2-3 weeks)

Your going at a higher risk using the First version than the final, who knows what kinds of bugs the first version has compared to what the final may have?

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
There's now a 4th release of gen d-3, a final final I guess you can call it. Here's to the next 100 final releases over the next month!

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, i know theres always the chance of a random bug happening, but at the same time, im seeing all these posts on other sites about people whose VSH menu wont work, or being unable to use any buttons on the XMB, or having data/games corrupted. I think i would rather wait a few more days and see if it gets sorted out, than deal with that much of a risk

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm thoroughly confused. I have NO IDEA which version is what, which version is the proper one, which version we're supposed to use and whatnot. So far I'm using the one which says "GEN-D3", which is the "proper" one, and I have not encountered any bugs at all.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are your using the First version, if you were using the second, you'd probaly be buggy as hell by now. The 3rd is "Kind" of buggy, im hearing so many mixed things about it that i cant decide whether to just say screw it and update, or wait and see if they release a 4th version >_>.

I think the 2nd and 3rd version both end up giving "Gen D (Full)"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was listening to the Ice T Iceberg CD other day, good stuff
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i concur
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    power is my fave tho, masterpiece
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still waiting on that new ll album
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    steve miller band got me into rock from folk and country
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    fly like an eagle
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys ever heard of group out of detroit called "Top Authority"? They were good too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess this is the power of genres they make you talk about other artists
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What are you guys talking about?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hamsters
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People that do drugs
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I been listening to a f-ton of jrock and jpop lately
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    mainly a lot of go!go! and cibo matto
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lil' hamster yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Big hamster yawn
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop stealing his sayings
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, svebe
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sometimes when I poop I just think that's it?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The worst is when its a dry poop, then you spend 20 minutes and ha!f a roll of TP wiping. Its like wiping TP over a magic marker, just won't stop showing.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, or diarrhea
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shit: is :shit: +1