Long Live the Machine
OP
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
THIS PROGRAM IS NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT AND IT WILL NOT RECIEVE ANY UPDATES, it was just a practice project for myself anyway, i thought i had an original idea but it seems like @RealYoti fixed the issue waay back in 2011.

ICON0.png

xmb1.png

spoofix is a PSP homebrew that fixes the "The system version of your PSP™ system version is 9.90. There is no need to update" issue on 5.50 GEN-D firmwares. This homebrew program basically backs up your system's verison.txt to your Memory Stick, then replaces the system's version.txt with the unspoofed one. This allows you to unspoof your firmware from 9.90 to 5.50 so you can update your PSP without any issues.
It also has a backup detection so if anything goes wrong for some reason you can just rerun the program. The program will automatically replace the system's unspoofed version.txt with your old one.
The program was tested many times on my PSP 1003 running the 5.50 GEN-D3 & 6.61 PRO-C2 firmware. I'd appreciate if anyone could test it and report the results to me!

running.png

(Program running on 6.61)

revert.png

(Reverting process)

Download (with source code)

Last edited by reha,

reha

Long Live the Machine
OP
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
I made a "version txt switcher" homebrew more than 10 years ago and it can fix 9.90 error)
Oh hey Yoti! Firstly I want to thank you for all your contrubitions in the PSP scene. I already knew about your homebrew, but it looks like it doesn't come with a version.txt and that might be confusing for a noob user. This homebrew basically has everything setup (specifically for the 9.90 issue, because it's the only purpose of this homebrew unlike your homebrew which is a version.txt switcher), the user just has to put the folder to the /PSP/GAME/, run the app then the homebrew makes everything automatically, even with a RSOD protection (the PSP gives a RSOD if it fails to locate the version.txt, according to my tests) and it launches the Sony updater automatically (though those are v0.2 features, which is going to be released soon). I will definitely credit you in the next release if that's what you're asking for, after all you have the original idea and I fully respect that. I just wanted to clarify everything. Thank you!

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dont mean to necro this but wow.
What a great HB app. this is why I love the HB community. Spent such a long time searching multiple ways to resolve this and this one app solved it all in under a minute.

Reactions: reha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game