Gaming With the price drop, do you regret buying the 3DS early?

With the price drop, do you regret buying the 3DS early?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
machomuu said:
Wizerzak said:
machomuu said:
Wizerzak said:
And for those who 'don't want to pirate' or w/e I'm guessing you'll only play about 5-10 of those 20 games before you get bored of them so you haven't really 'saved' any money. Would you have bought ALL those games if you'd had the choice?
Doesn't matter. That's just a supposition for an alternate timeline that is not our own, and therefore is irrelevant.

Although the title of the thread is about regretting the purchase and therefore implying that, if you could go back in time, would you wait for the price drop.
Nope, I full well knew there would likely be a price drop soon in the future when I bought it.

OK. But what I'm saying is would you (or anyone else) have bought ALL of these games you're being given? Otherwise, you would be saving money by waiting.
Dunno.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wizerzak said:
machomuu said:
Wizerzak said:
machomuu said:
Wizerzak said:
And for those who 'don't want to pirate' or w/e I'm guessing you'll only play about 5-10 of those 20 games before you get bored of them so you haven't really 'saved' any money. Would you have bought ALL those games if you'd had the choice?
Doesn't matter. That's just a supposition for an alternate timeline that is not our own, and therefore is irrelevant.

Although the title of the thread is about regretting the purchase and therefore implying that, if you could go back in time, would you wait for the price drop.
Nope, I full well knew there would likely be a price drop soon in the future when I bought it.

OK. But what I'm saying is would you (or anyone else) have bought ALL of these games you're being given? Otherwise, you would be saving money by waiting.

Probably not, but it still doesn't take away the value of them. If you were given an expensive car, even if you weren't going to buy it, wouldn't it be worth anything still?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Issac said:
Wizerzak said:
machomuu said:
Wizerzak said:
machomuu said:
Wizerzak said:

Probably not, but it still doesn't take away the value of them. If you were given an expensive car, even if you weren't going to buy it, wouldn't it be worth anything still?

It would because you could sell it (and I would), but you cant sell these games on.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
Wizerzak said:

This. I would have said something more but my brain doesn't seem to be working today, I slept way too long.

QUOTE(Wizerzak @ Jul 28 2011, 01:32 PM)
It would because you could sell it (and I would), but you cant sell these games on.
On the contrary, they add to the value of the 3DS and make it worth more than a regular launch one. You could very well make a lot of money off of it.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Issac said:
Wizerzak said:

This. I would have said something more but my brain doesn't seem to be working today, I slept way too long.

On the contrary, they add to the value of the 3DS and make it worth more than a regular launch one. You could very well make a lot of money off of it.

Then you'd also be giving up your other 3DSware games etc. that you want to keep.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
machomuu said:
Issac said:
Wizerzak said:

Then you'd also be giving up your other 3DSware games etc. that you want to keep.
That was not apart of the scenario you presented.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Wizerzak said:
machomuu said:
Issac said:
Wizerzak said:

It was a result of the scenario I presented.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
machomuu said:
Wizerzak said:
machomuu said:
Issac said:
Wizerzak said:

It was a result of the scenario I presented.
No, a result of your scenario would be having the games Nintendo gave for free or not having one at all.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
REGARDLESS if nintendo hadn't given us any compensation, the price drop is a positive thing for anyone who already bought the system. No one was buying the console, and developers were dropping out. A year from now, the system could just be a paperweight. Would you be enjoying your $250 investment THEN?
By dropping the price, nintendo is breathing life into the system and ensuring that it has a bright future. They are ADDING VALUE to your purchase.

No one has any right to complain about being "ripped off" by a price drop. Nintendo stated that their console costed X amount of money, and you responded by saying "I agree that it is worth X amount, so I will pay that for it". If anything, you were ripped off by YOURSELF, because you are the one who made the decision to purchase or to wait.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarxrax said:
REGARDLESS if nintendo hadn't given us any compensation, the price drop is a positive thing for anyone who already bought the system. No one was buying the console, and developers were dropping out. A year from now, the system could just be a paperweight. Would you be enjoying your $250 investment THEN?
By dropping the price, nintendo is breathing life into the system and ensuring that it has a bright future. They are ADDING VALUE to your purchase.

No one has any right to complain about being "ripped off" by a price drop. Nintendo stated that their console costed X amount of money, and you responded by saying "I agree that it is worth X amount, so I will pay that for it". If anything, you were ripped off by YOURSELF, because you are the one who made the decision to purchase or to wait.
I agree completely. I had no problem with the $250 price tag when I bought my 3DS on launch, and I've been happy with it the whole time. I'm hoping more people buy the 3DS now, for the reasons you said, and so maybe I can get some streetpass hits. The 20 free games, whether I play them or not, is a great gesture by Nintendo and pleases me either way.

It would be annoying to buy a 3DS right before the price drop though, as with anything that drops in price. It would also be nice to have $80 towards anything on the eShop, but it's obvious why that's not going to happen. Overall, I view the price drop as a positive thing, and I don't regret buying my 3DS at all.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If the price cut came without any compensation, then I would regret it.
However, with the 20 free games for early adopters, I'm getting more than what I paid for, so no, I don't regret buying it early.

Either way, the price drop means more people will buy the 3DS, and with more people buying it, the more interest there will be for it, and that will result in developers having a greater reason to develop for it. Looks like win-win situation at the expense of Nintendo not getting the profit they initially wanted out of it, which they are ok with if things pan out in the end with their software.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
However, with the 20 free games for early adopters, I'm getting more than what I paid for, so no, I don't regret buying it early.
You could probably sell it for more, too (just a scenario, not saying you should).

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
DiscostewSM said:
You could probably sell it for more, too (just a scenario, not saying you should).

I could, but chances are that I won't. I'm too attached to it.

Romnerd

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive bought four of these units and am well 'appy guvnor!
Nice little devices with some great features.
Nintendo are always at the forefront of innovation.
There will be some ground breaking, innovative games on this unit.
By one and enjoy.....

:-)
Be lucky.

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already had more fun with my 3DS than I've had with the PSP I bought years ago for a similar price. The 3d is an innovation which has allowed me to experience something entirely new. Sure the only fun game out for 3DS is OOT, but OOT is a lengthy and fulfilling experience that can be enjoyed multiple times. By the time I play through it a few times I'm sure Nintendo will have more great games out.

Also with 20 free classic games being at my disposal on Aug. 12, I should have even more reason to play my 3DS.

Romain29

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
heat6jones said:
Also with 20 free classic games being at my disposal on Aug. 12, I should have even more reason to play my 3DS.
not available on august 12, NES games arrive on september and GBA later this year

ps: no regret for me ,i play OOT and DOA dimensions

Romnerd

Trophies
XP
Country
Not only OOT, ..............
...........the wife and kids love nintendogs, we have three copies !
I think Ridge Racer is cool and pilot wings, although short is great fun.
There's an increasing selection of games.......
Give 'em a try.... most are around £20 in the pre-owned now.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No I do not regret it. I love my 3DS. I play it every day. It works great, no problems, fun games, have 10 games for it and buying more.
Don't care about the flashcard cause I use it on my DSIXL and DSL. It is just a fun machine. And so far everyone I have shown it to likes it as well.
Now I can't wait for my free games too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay