Gaming With the price drop, do you regret buying the 3DS early?

With the price drop, do you regret buying the 3DS early?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Considering it means i've been able to own it for 4 solid months already with zelda and all plus I bet they'll charge at least $5 for each of those gba games to people who won't get them now etc I think it's fair compensation.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
i knew i should have waited a bit longer, but my impatient got the better of me, ah well we still have the ambassador program to compensate....oh wait america only ¬_¬

way to go nintendo, completely rip off your europe fans by not only discounting the 3ds to 1/3 off the price (instead of half) but you completely take away the ambassador program to europe too, if the 3ds ever gets hacked i will one of the 1st to hack it so you won't be getting any money from me.

You're not making any sense... America gets an $80 ($170 from $250 price drop, Japan gets a 10'000 yen price drop (15k from 25k) and the UK gets a £75 price drop (around £155 from £230). Who's getting it for half price?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Dylan said:
Considering it means i've been able to own it for 4 solid months already with zelda and all plus I bet they'll charge at least $5 for each of those gba games to people who won't get them now etc I think it's fair compensation.

although like it says on their website that it won't fully compensate for us paying such a premium, it's better than nothing at all, nintendo could have easily just said screw you early buyers we don't care, but they gave us something back, i'm happy at least.

i can still remember when the original ds 1st came out, that was a lot of money too.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Wintrale said:
jalaneme said:
i knew i should have waited a bit longer, but my impatient got the better of me, ah well we still have the ambassador program to compensate....oh wait america only ¬_¬

way to go nintendo, completely rip off your europe fans by not only discounting the 3ds to 1/3 off the price (instead of half) but you completely take away the ambassador program to europe too, if the 3ds ever gets hacked i will one of the 1st to hack it so you won't be getting any money from me.

You're not making any sense... America gets an $80 ($170 from $250 price drop, Japan gets a 10'000 yen price drop (15k from 25k) and the UK gets a £75 price drop (around £155 from £230). Who's getting it for half price?

see my earlier post, i know it's coming out in europe now, ignore my ranting.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The 20 free games announced seem decent. If it comes to the non-US living users then it will still be quite a worthwhile purchase.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Frankenstein Tank said:
I don't mind. I only paid $200 for my 3DS anyway. Plus we get those 20 games for free. At least they didn't say screw you to all the early adopters.
How did you get it for $200?
ohnoes.png

Got it used?

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
Frankenstein Tank said:
I don't mind. I only paid $200 for my 3DS anyway. Plus we get those 20 games for free. At least they didn't say screw you to all the early adopters.
How did you get it for $200?
ohnoes.png

Got it used?

Yeah Amazon had one like new. When I got it I looked at the activity log and it had only been played for 1 minute.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I don't mind at all, for the "premium" price i paid i have already had the console for four months, and i'm getting 20 free games too, seems worth it to me.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
boombox said:
Blaze163 said:
Yeah, I feel a bit robbed, to be honest. But then the 3DS is still lacking a truly must-buy title. Zelda's great, assuming you've never played it before. DOA comes close but the laggy online lets it down. The other games are almost all decent enough, but not worth buying the system for.

As for the free games, I couldn't possibly give any less of a fuck. It's a nice gesture but meaningless to me as I can quite easily play any of those games on my PSP. If Nintendo truly want my attention, they should do the following:

- Stop being retarded. They remake the Starfox multiplayer, make it look truly fantastic....then don't include online play. Starting to suspect their headquarters have been hit by some wierd space ray that replaced all their brains with shitty nappies.

- Keep their promises. Am I the only one that remembers they were meant to offer SNES classics in the E-Store? Distinct lack of Starwing, Mario All Stars, Zombies Ate My Neighbours, Jelly Boy, Super Metroid, F-Zero, so much greatness that would take them mere minutes to convert and upload. Seriously, all they need is to program a SNES emulator for the 3DS then charge us for the ROMs. Piece of piss to create, makes them a fortune, makes them look good. And yet they don't go for it. See aforementioned space ray.

- Stop remaking the same games over and over again. Yeah, OK. We get it. Ocarina of Time was a great game. Care to make a NEW game once in a while? Christ, if you're out of ideas then you can borrow some of mine if you like. I got bored and wrote a plot for a Starfox Wii game years ago. You're welcome to it if you pull your fingers from your rectal cavities.

- Make the E-store games a bit cheaper. No offence but NO downloadable title is worth the money they're charging for Shantae. Right now I can actually get Street Fighter cheaper than Shantae. That should NEVER happen.

I agree 100% to ALL of that.
I feel violated... ¬_¬
And I have a strong urge to keep far away from the 'Pii-U'

I agree with a BIT of this, however Shantae is actually bigger than the first game- the first game was £30+ when it was released- Street Fighter deserves to be cheap as there is nothing to do on it other than online matches and they are largely ruined by the spamcontrol system.
Agree totally with the DOA lag, but the game itself is better than Street Fighter.

I never saw any mention of SNES games in the E-Shop? In fact it was pretty clear to most that they would focus on Handheld games for the time being so they could keep the Wii VC alive.

They remake old games at the beginning of a console to keep it going while they encourage games out of developers- see Super Mario 64 DS for details. Sometimes they remake NEW games (Twilight Princess) instead, but for almost all Nintendo consoles ever the first 6-18 months is pretty bare in the games department (The N64 was particularly slow, but as with the SNES they offered a new mario game pretty quickly to distract us from it- oh look, here comes Super Mario 3DS....)

Agree with the Starfox multiplayer debacle, and the E-Shop is pricey- however, I still suffer from'Post piracy blowout guilt' and have vowed to give Nintendo some money this console, if they don't want me to I shan't complain!

QUOTE(Dylan @ Jul 28 2011, 02:32 PM)
Simple quote, sums it up

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jamesaa said:
I don't mind at all, for the "premium" price i paid i have already had the console for four months, and i'm getting 20 free games too, seems worth it to me.
I am guessing you got it from amazon?
If Nintendo officially cuts the price, amazon will sell it even cheaper.

ShadowLink92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm happy I got it early, I was one of the first ones to get it at launch for $200 because I traded in my DS Lite. Now we're getting free games? It was definitely worth it
yaynds.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Weaselpipe said:
I never saw any mention of SNES games in the E-Shop? In fact it was pretty clear to most that they would focus on Handheld games for the time being so they could keep the Wii VC alive.

They remake old games at the beginning of a console to keep it going while they encourage games out of developers- see Super Mario 64 DS for details. Sometimes they remake NEW games (Twilight Princess) instead, but for almost all Nintendo consoles ever the first 6-18 months is pretty bare in the games department (The N64 was particularly slow, but as with the SNES they offered a new mario game pretty quickly to distract us from it- oh look, here comes Super Mario 3DS....)

pretty much all gaming devices out there can emulate snes games so we are not missing out on much, nintendo have been doing remakes of their older games for a while now, sometimes it's good to do so because of younger gamers who never experienced it originally, i think by the end of this year the 3ds games library should pick up a bit hopefully, it's still early days, i still don't regret getting a 3ds, there is no way i am giving sony my money ever again after the way they have treated their costumers in the past, i will be getting a wii u aswell and completely forgetting about a ps4 whatsoever.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me be honest.

I feel like I WAS FUCKING ROBBED. 250 -> 170? And I only get FUCKING 20 GAMES? THE FUCK NINTENDO? I swear...

They should send a golden limousine and give us all the extra money we spent, because that's how fucking rich Nintendo is.

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Slyakin said:
Let me be honest.

I feel like I WAS FUCKING ROBBED. 250 -> 170? And I only get FUCKING 20 GAMES? THE FUCK NINTENDO? I swear...

They should send a golden limousine and give us all the extra money we spent, because that's how fucking rich Nintendo is.

Only 20 games? How many do you want?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels Good Man said:
Slyakin said:
Let me be honest.

I don't WANT the games. I want my MONEY BACK.

80 bucks, to be exact. I've already played through these games multiple times.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Feels Good Man said:
Slyakin said:
Let me be honest.

20 games that they'll be charging at least £5/$6 for? That IS a bargain though really, isn't it?

Must add I got a one-day-only £175 deal at HMV when I got mine, so I'm laughing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==