ROM Hack [WIP] [Translation] Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3DS

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I had a working flashcart for my DS, I don't think I was ever able to get the (very expensive!) one I bought for my 3DS working, so that would be fairly major hurdle for me I guess if/when this project finally finishes...that said, I would buy an entirely new (and very expensive!) cart if it meant I could finally get a chance to play this sequel!
Don't waste your money. A9LH is free, safe, and allows you full access to everything in the 3DS scene. @IcySon55 linked to the best guide available for installing it, so follow that.

Beyond that, what is the best way to keep updated about the developments? I'm new to this forum, will I automatically be updated when the thread is updated?
If you click "Watch Thread" top right of the screen (above the first post on the page), you will be notified whenever anybody posts in the thread.

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I had a working flashcart for my DS, I don't think I was ever able to get the (very expensive!) one I bought for my 3DS working, so that would be fairly major hurdle for me I guess if/when this project finally finishes...that said, I would buy an entirely new (and very expensive!) cart if it meant I could finally get a chance to play this sequel! I didn't even know that it existed after many years of totally lost hope, and now here I see that you all have been slaving away for years trying to make my dream come true! I really really really hope that you persevere and finish up the project soon, very little would make me as happy as being able to one day play this (although I may need someone on this forum to help me figure out how to get it working...:)

Glad to see that people are excited about the project!

The patch will likely not be compatible with any 3ds flashcart--due to the stuff we had to do to get everything working, you will need to install Luma 3DS, which is a custom firmware. If you're a total noob and don't know where to get started, that's OK--as long as your 3ds is not on the latest firmware, which is 11.3, you'll be able to install it. Follow The Guide for more details.

Are there any ways for people without language or programming knowledge to help support the project? Financially, perhaps?

Just upfront, we can't take donations. Doing so could very easily put us into legal trouble with Square Enix. With that said, the best thing that a non-technical user could do to help would be to let people know about our efforts and, of course, support Square by importing the game.

lgnmcrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
364089-bclim_6.png

It looks like we're just missing a few pieces now...

Reactions: DarthDub

AcetheGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account just for this, VERY eager to play! But uh, will I be able to play without a copy of the Japanese game?:x

AcetheGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrmn, that's gonna be difficult then...I don't really want to mess with my 3DS or anything. If I were to find a copy of it for my PC somewhere, would it work? Would I need to have a physical copy?

Last edited by AcetheGolden,

AcetheGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, if I have to, can I download the Japanese version from the cart onto my PC somehow?I don't really know of homebrew stuff, and I'd rather not risk bricking my 3DS...

lgnmcrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, update time! We've gotten pretty much ALL of the text translated, and now we're doing localization. Only a little bit remains on the other fronts, so the estimated time-frame for completion is nearing its end! Just a month or three left, I'd predict.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.