Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if it has been answered. Can you tell me why, when i load the game save using this app, it shows me pokemons of a previous save and not the actual save pokemons?

Last edited by Real.96,

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if it has been answered. Can you tell me why, when i load the game save using this app, it shows me pokemons of a previous save and not the actual save pokemons?

This is strangier than strange and of course it shouldn't happen. In all honesty it seems almost impossible. Maybe i didn't understand correctly: you play the game, save, open PCHex++ and you get pokemons from a previous save? Are you sure about this?

I'm concerned because what PCHex++ does is opening the save filesystem the same way the game does. I can see no way it can have access to a previous savefile which should be deleted from the game as soon as you do a new save

Last edited by Slashcash,
Reactions: Ricken and Real.96

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is strangier than strange and of course it shouldn't happen. In all honesty it seems almost impossible. Maybe i didn't understand correctly: you play the game, save, open PCHex++ and you get pokemons from a previous save? Are you sure about this?

I'm concerned because what PCHex++ does is opening the save filesystem the same way the game does. I can see no way it can have access to a previous savefile which should be deleted from the game as soon as you do a new save
Also if i try to save many times, it doesn't show the Pokémons of the current save...i've got only one game, the cia version of Pokémon OR

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok i'm an idiot....i didn't notice that the box is halved. And the rest of the Pokémon is on the second page, going under...sorry t.t

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: Real.96

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by Real.96,

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

BlackStarDark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering, this last update made importing pokemons unavailable, back then I could import the files with no problem at all, but after installing the latest build I just can't import anything as the app itself gets frozen, waited 5 mins and it was still there. maybe it's just me tho u.u

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wondering, this last update made importing pokemons unavailable, back then I could import the files with no problem at all, but after installing the latest build I just can't import anything as the app itself gets frozen, waited 5 mins and it was still there. maybe it's just me tho u.u

This was already talked about:

I put in import folder the pk6 files of all 721 pokemon and their forms.
But on this new version, while trying to import, the PCHex++ crashes.
Is there any limit of .pk6 files in the import folder?

these are the .pk6 files:
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/all-721-pokemon-and-yours-forms-online-ready-in-pk6-files-zip.37847/

I don't think it crashes, it just takes its time. I never tried to use so many .pk6 files. Was it faster in the old release (the green one)?

---

I stealthly released a new super-minor update yesterday which should solve the occasional import failing for the user who were experiencing it. I squeezed in some other minor bugfixes and a re-designed keyboard by @dsoldier

I want to take the opportunity to publicly shout him out because he re-did the gui graphics all by himself, did a great job and worked with me with a 12 hours time zone shift. And i am not an easy customer at all :lol:. If PCHex++ moved away from its pain-in-the-eye look we should really thank him.

Yes... on older releases, it was faster, really faster.

I made some changes to the sd card access code and that should have resulted in worse performances, my bad for not running a couple of stress test. I'll optimize it.

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
1 little problem I've noticed. When creating a genderless Pokemon by changing the species of a gendered Pokemon it'll have a gender. For example I created a Terrakion by changing the species of a male Gengar. So the Terrakion was listed as male even in game even though it's supposed to be genderless. Is there any chance a genderless option could be implemented?

muggy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, I think alot of people are having some trouble with importing since alot of people will just nab a large pk6 bank off somewhere and roll with it. I have decided to nab a bank of pokemon off Smogon's competitive pk6 database and split them into A-Z folders so it doesn't take forever to load though (since we mostly know what we are looking for anyways when we go to gen mons). Do know that they package their mons so there's a few copies for each mon since the idea they have is gen and use, not gen and mod. there's also some event mons for all you VGC players too :) the database is old though so no HA birds, no HA regies, and so on.

Attachments

• import.7z
    57.3 KB · Views: 134

twhprox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Probable Bug Report :I'm using the latest build, and when I try to change the ability of pokemon to a hidden ability, it reverts back to the original one. For instance, if I create a torchic with blaze, and then change it to speed boost, when I load the save into the cartridge the created pokemon is there, but the hidden ability is turned back to blaze. Is it a bug? thanks.
Edit: I looked into it, the pchex shows the hidden ability in the pokemon, but the pkhex and the game(As 30 eggs were born without the hidden ability) show the old ability. I'm pretty sure it is a bug.

Last edited by twhprox,

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I can confirm it's not a crash, just a poorly optimized sd access code, already solved the issue. I'll post a new release today with the fix since it seems really annoying.

1 little problem I've noticed. When creating a genderless Pokemon by changing the species of a gendered Pokemon it'll have a gender. For example I created a Terrakion by changing the species of a male Gengar. So the Terrakion was listed as male even in game even though it's supposed to be genderless. Is there any chance a genderless option could be implemented?

You are right, i didn't think of this possibility.

Probable Bug Report :I'm using the latest build, and when I try to change the ability of pokemon to a hidden ability, it reverts back to the original one. For instance, if I create a torchic with blaze, and then change it to speed boost, when I load the save into the cartridge the created pokemon is there, but the hidden ability is turned back to blaze. Is it a bug? thanks.
Edit: I looked into it, the pchex shows the hidden ability in the pokemon, but the pkhex and the game(As 30 eggs were born without the hidden ability) show the old ability. I'm pretty sure it is a bug.

This is clearly a strange bug, i cannot replicate it in any way. Would you mind sending me your save file dumped with svdt/jksm? It will help me in finding the issue

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc