Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yup it's in /3ds/PCHex++/import and there's a bunch of .pk6 files in there but none of them show up when i press Y. I'll make a video of this maybe it's better for explaining what i'm seeing

They must be in /PCHex++/import not in /3ds/PCHex++/import.

The PCHex++ foldee must be in the root of your sd card

Reactions: ShadowOne333

muggy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They must be in /PCHex++/import not in /3ds/PCHex++/import.

The PCHex++ foldee must be in the root of your sd card

I just realized that. I did find another bug and I'm uploading a video of it right now.

PS: it would be nice if the import function had a search feature to let me go through and find the pokemon out of a list of 800+ that I currently need to gen hehe thanks XP

Last edited by muggy8,
D

Deleted User

I'm not really a great programmer. I generally do small projects actually and often times, I try to do what I can with making the UI as good as I can get it before trying anything else. My code is pretty crummy but I do know enough about basic programming to be able to get things made... just not very elegantly. Here's an example JavaScript app that I made https://mmc.mugdev.com/ not very well made but it works :)

That looks pretty decent for someone who isn't a developer outside of it being a hobby, all things considered. My only complaint would be the spacing of certain elements on the page and the non-capitalized words in the input boxes. If you'd like, I can send you some recommendations via PM for some reading material that is excellent for writing better code (in all languages). :)

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just realized that. I did find another bug and I'm uploading a video of it right now.

PS: it would be nice if the import function had a search feature to let me go through and find the pokemon out of a list of 800+ that I currently need to gen hehe thanks XP

There will be a searching feature in the next release. I added a keyboard to the bottom screen just to do that!
I never realized that the export function fails. Thanks a lot for the detailed report! There will be a fix for that too

muggy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There will be a searching feature in the next release. I added a keyboard to the bottom screen just to do that!
I never realized that the export function fails. Thanks a lot for the detailed report! There will be a fix for that too

No problem. Glad i helped!

That looks pretty decent for someone who isn't a developer outside of it being a hobby, all things considered. My only complaint would be the spacing of certain elements on the page and the non-capitalized words in the input boxes. If you'd like, I can send you some recommendations via PM for some reading material that is excellent for writing better code (in all languages). :)

Well right now, my problem is optimization. I need my code to be able to run faster and more efficiently. There's a huge number of slowdowns in the program and I have no idea how to solve. If you have resources on that then I'd love to give them a look. Otherwise, thanks for the offer!

Last edited by muggy8,

Skarfed-Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just like to ask that the area caught editing isn't as complicated as the other pchex as it was in code, will it hv all modification fields for a pokémon like the pc version, Sorry for asking If there's no definite answer.​

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Amazing work all in all anyway!!

D

Deleted User

:O This looks amazing!! It was really hard using the old one since it was just black with some text, but this will make it A LOT easier!

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a known bug, the new version with a gigaton of new functions and Pokemon XY support will come SOONER than you think (just the time to return home)
So, you said Soon(TM) but in parenthesis you put "just the time to return home." Does this mean it will be done when you get home or just Soon(TM)?

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A sad development story, with a bad news:
The red screen bug with Pokemon XY was not caused by the program itself but by the way the new version of ctrulib handles the savefiles. In fact when @Gocario switched to the new version of ctrulib had the same problem with his PHBank. Long story short: it is not possible to extract and modify the XY savefile within the same homebrew.

So, instead of dropping the XY support, we made a new homebrew. It's called PKSave. It manages your pokemon savefile: it can extract, inject and manage your pokemon savefile and it prepares the terrain for a succesful launch of PCHex++ and PHBank!

The bad news: until (and if) the new version of ctrulib gets fixed you are forced to launch this homebrew before PCHex++ and PHBank. The good news is that it works well with ORAS and XY!

The other good news is that i added a lot of functions to PCHex++, now it can:
- Edit nature, ability, ball, item, moves, eggmove, evs, ivs and shinify a pokemon!
- Search among the trillions of moves/natures/item[...] with a touch keyboard

HOW TO USE IT:
Launch the provided PKSave homebrew, select the desired game, and extract the savefile TO sd. Close PKsave.
Launch PCHex++, do your things.
Re-launch PKSave and reinject your save back.

The bottom screen of PKSave shows debugging information, they are useful in case the program gets stuck somewhere as it is still in beta. In general if you get a 0 this means a success.

The new function are all self-explanatory. They are touch based, just do what you have to do with your stylus.

I will not update the first post with the new version until it gets some beta testing from you guys. So handle with care, this is just a beta.

Both homebrews are in the zipfile attached to this post. Please report every bug and missing feature!

Please read before trying this:
- Delete your existing /3ds/PCHex++ folder before trying this. Just replacing the .3dsx file will not be enough and will cause conflict. Delete the folder entirely before copying the new one
- The import folder is changed (the reason is that now PCHex++ and PHBank will now share the same folder structure to not pollute your sdcard) and it is /pk/PCHex++/import (automatically created at startup

I know that (and will solve soon):
- There is no species, gender and form editing (there will be, don't worry)
- The export function still crashes (will be fixed)
- Stats doesn't get shown (easy fix)

A couple of screenshots from the new version:
2bf1613d24.jpg
gbatscreen.png
0546052b30.jpg

I ATTACHED THIS VERSION TO THE FIRST POST

Last edited by Slashcash,

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Beautiful app everything works perfect, do you think it would. Be possible to implement changing the ot? (Original trainer)

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
gives me initialization failed press start to exit

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also another bug with it after using it your homebrew laucher will not detect any games so you need to restart to use save mangers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: