Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is there a unstable version that you have that i might be able to use?

The version attached to first post has the import functionality. The .pk6 files should be placed in the /PChex++/import folder. The folder should automatically be created at startup. Check the root of your sd card. If no file is found in the folder pressing Y to import should prompt a pop-up saying NO CONTENT IN FOLDER instead. Does this happen to you? Having last version of oras is not needed.

Last edited by Slashcash,

Natethekidrs00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The version attached to first post has the import functionality. The .pk6 files should be placed in the /PChex++/import folder. The folder should automatically be created at startup. Check the root of your sd card. If no file is found in the folder pressing Y to import should prompt a pop-up saying NO CONTENT IN FOLDER instead. Does this happen to you? Having last version of oras is not needed.
nope it never made a import folder for me

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you want I can help. I trade a lot, so having a cloning app on my home menu would be *amazing*

If you are interested in the cloning capability is already there and working really well. It is useful for tradings indeed! Just use the version attached to the first post

muggy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no idea how to program in C nor have i done any homebrew before but i am very interested in helping. I have done sevral projects on JavaScript and I'm sure I can easily move over to C. I was wondering if an implmenetation of importing pokemon from a pk6 file is possible. thank!

edit: nvm i saw that importing pk6 files is already a feature. time to update :)

edit 2: bug report: if you click view pokemon and then click export. the app freezes. I can still press down, B, L, R to get out but if i get out this way the entire homebrew launcher crashes.

PS: change logs would be amazing ^_^

Last edited by muggy8,

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Added a keyboard to quickly search through the TONS of items, abilities, species, moves...

0546052b30.jpg

And now IVs, EVs and moves are editable (stats just show random number, working on it) the gui is not really fancy and a bit confusionary, but i can say it works well

b149592925.jpg

The release day will come SOON (i hope not gateway soon)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Added a keyboard to quickly search through the TONS of items, abilities, species, moves...

0546052b30.jpg

And now IVs, EVs and moves are editable (stats just show random number, working on it) the gui is not really fancy and a bit confusionary, but i can say it works well

b149592925.jpg

The release day will come SOON (i hope not gateway soon)
This keeps looking better and better! :D
Can't wait for it! :)

Good luck with the stats!
I'll await patiently for the final release, not GBATemp patient, more like Ghandi patient. :P

muggy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that's amazing!! also I'd like to report that pokemon importing is not working :( I put pk6 files into the imports folder and when i'm on an empty space and i press Y it shows nothing D: I am on the latest version right now too.

Also great work much love!

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
that's amazing!! also I'd like to report that pokemon importing is not working :( I put pk6 files into the imports folder and when i'm on an empty space and i press Y it shows nothing D: I am on the latest version right now too.

Also great work much love!

Tried it myself with the build in the first post. It works well on me. Are you calling the folder imports? It must be called import

the folder structure is: /PCHex++/import

Chronium

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Works great!
Tested it a bunch of minutes ago. All the features working properly, the GUI is pleasant to the eye and I finally got to see a Volcanion!

Waiting for XY support. ;)
Keep up the good work!

D

Deleted User

I have no idea how to program in C nor have i done any homebrew before but i am very interested in helping. I have done sevral projects on JavaScript and I'm sure I can easily move over to C.

I'd make sure you do a bit of reading up, as JavaScript and C/C++ are very different. JavaScript as a language is dynamic, untyped, and interpreted whereas C/C++ is static, uses strong-typing, and is compiled. The flow of logic is just different.

The project itself looks great!

muggy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd make sure you do a bit of reading up, as JavaScript and C/C++ are very different. JavaScript as a language is dynamic, untyped, and interpreted whereas C/C++ is static, uses strong-typing, and is compiled. The flow of logic is just different.

The project itself looks great!

I'm quite well aware of this. I've developed projects in Java before as well if that counts for anything as it is quite a bit similar to C/C++. I just personally really like JavaScript because it's dynamic and untyped.

Tried it myself with the build in the first post. It works well on me. Are you calling the folder imports? It must be called import

the folder structure is: /PCHex++/import

Yup it's in /3ds/PCHex++/import and there's a bunch of .pk6 files in there but none of them show up when i press Y. I'll make a video of this maybe it's better for explaining what i'm seeing

Last edited by muggy8,
D

Deleted User

I'm quite well aware of this. I've developed projects in Java before as well if that counts for anything as it is quite a bit similar to C/C++. I just personally really like JavaScript because it's dynamic and untyped.

I had assumed you had some experience, but you can never really know based on a few sentences online. :)

I am a C++ and C# developer full-time, so I tend to get thrown off a bit by plain C since it has been so long since I've used it.

muggy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had assumed you had some experience, but you can never really know based on a few sentences online. :)

I am a C++ and C# developer full-time, so I tend to get thrown off a bit by plain C since it has been so long since I've used it.

I'm not really a great programmer. I generally do small projects actually and often times, I try to do what I can with making the UI as good as I can get it before trying anything else. My code is pretty crummy but I do know enough about basic programming to be able to get things made... just not very elegantly. Here's an example JavaScript app that I made https://mmc.mugdev.com/ not very well made but it works :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: