Hacking [WIP] open source Kernel access on 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
There's only one dev actively working on OSKA I believe, and he has neither the knowledge or skill to complete it on his own.

This project is dead and it's going to stay that way unless some highly skilled devs appear from nowhere to join him.

I think mods should lock this thread until development on OSKA begins again.

Read the first post, there's two.
numbers, and alicker or whatever.

They aren't working on KARL, They are working on KRAL's Bootstrap, because '' it's working '' they are still working on OSKA -> https://gist.github.com/173210/d1d0b81a30dec5ee9e7a

I feel something has been misunderstood here.

Isn't Karl's shit already finished?
All the open source stuff is already finished and open sourced.

They wanted to build upon this, discarding the work they had done on their own version of it, as Karl's work was finished and already proven to work more efficiently.

I think I'm fighting a losing battle trying to explain this.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the first post, there's two.
numbers, and alicker or whatever.

I feel something has been misunderstood here.

Isn't Karl's shit already finished?
All the open source stuff is already finished and open sourced.

They wanted to build upon this, discarding the work they had done on their own version of it, as Karl's work was finished and already proven to work more efficiently.

I think I'm fighting a losing battle trying to explain this.

What he said.
Additionally, as far as I'm aware, development on this project ceased after we released our arm9 fork of bootstrap. 173210 asked for help with it for a little while (and by 'help' i mean he begged for source from almost every person with a 3DS project), and now he's evidently moved on to different things. He just proposed a big commit to libctru today, I think.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What he said.
Additionally, as far as I'm aware, development on this project ceased after we released our arm9 fork of bootstrap. 173210 asked for help with it for a little while (and by 'help' i mean he begged for source from almost every person with a 3DS project), and now he's evidently moved on to different things. He just proposed a big commit to libctru today, I think.

https://gist.github.com/173210/d1d0b81a30dec5ee9e7a

Reactions: Margen67

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is from immediately after we released our arm9 bootstrap, and it's evidently the last work that was put into this project. Plus, just look at it. All it does is parse a FIRM header. It doesn't even go as far as loading the various pieces of data into anything, it just cycles through sections.

There's only one dev working on it ! You would not make much alone also

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Does it also enable emunand/region free ?

Also the readme says it requires gateway 2.2 launcher. Know where I could get it from ?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does it also enable emunand/region free ?

Also the readme says it requires gateway 2.2 launcher. Know where I could get it from ?
Yes, NTR1 provides emuNAND and Region Free (and gateway support) on old3DSes.

2.2 is still available on Gateway's servers, though links have been removed from the download page. So you'll have to do some googling to find a direct link to it.

Look for news articles about the release by searching for 'Gateway 2.2 released/available' or similar.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah lol NTR already has that covered, karl is just a crappy homebrew app

I think that NTR and "Soon" Karl are about the same thing. (well, not quite the same. You can actually download and use NTR)
But neither of them allow .CIA loading or emuNAND, so pretty much useless unless you have a SKY3DS or a bunch of out of region carts.

OSKA was "supposed" to allow for .CIAs, be region free, support emuNAND and and be a real "true to life" open source CFW.
More along the lines of the old wii days, when everything just plain worked, period and we had great loaders like wiiFlow and USBLoader GX.
The thought of OSKA was right, but the execution was severely lacking in capabilities.

But... I agree, as far as OSKA goes, "It's Dead Jim. Dig a hole and bury it deep before it starts to stink up the place more than it already has...".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.