Hacking [WIP] open source Kernel access on 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Relys said HERE "Guys the argument of being able to "backup your carts" honestly died last generation. If you want all your games stored on your SD card then buy them from the eshop." your argument is invalid.

Since you're so keen on quoting him, you might want to jump to page 69 of that same thread where I responded to that post. Sorry, I like owning and playing systems years down the line, not renting them and accessing them until Nintendo feels like arbitrarily shutting down their servers and effectively locking everyone out of the games they "bought". Why should I be punished a few years down the line?

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Honestly I respect you a lot as a dev but you know that Nintendo has no system to let you redownload your eshop content if yoy system is stolen, broken,lost. You are right its not a debate about piracy but every dev can't honestly forget how jacked up Nintendo's policy is when it comes to digital. At least my ps3,Xbox 360,android,iOS, any tech that isn't last gen quality has a way for me to get my items back. You may not like CIA but when I tried to connect with my legit emunand I bought a theme, after connecting to play a cart online my theme got deleted and now it just gives me a purchase option. I don't see this as OK or right on nintendos part. Again this isn't a debate about piracy but Nintendo's policy on digital downloads.
This. I fully agree with you; we as a community should go against Nintendo in the subject (in a legal way ofc). :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I just wrote an email to Nintendo to get my NNID unlinked and they did it and then I could link it to a new 3DS and redownload all my games. If you wanna be a pirate then just be a pirate and don't make up excuses.
but...but ........the snake homebrew is .cia....so ...er yeah we NEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD a cia installer so we can all play snake ofc :rolleyes:

Reactions: MrJason005

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think this thread should be closed! no more development!

ummm how do you figure lol, just because we haven't heard from him in a few days doesn't mean he's not still working on it. Hell if that was the logic we wouldn't have any gateway threads for like 2 years now

also seriously guys keep the piracy discussions out of here, this is for development not for debating piracy. Don't make this into the KARL thread where we needed a mod to clean it out.

Reactions: Margen67

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They assume it, without reading the first post, because it's "open source" for unknown reasons.
I'm not sure whether they'll implement it (I could see either way since they're piracy-neutral and a ROM loader does have legitimate uses) but since it's open source, it can be modified to support one if need be.

Reactions: Margen67

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is cool..but I want to ask why don't they all just cooperate? ( KARL,OSKA,PAUL and GATEWait ) that would be the best wouldn't it? tbh

INB4 Devs Biases,$$$, etc.

Gateway will never cooperate, because once OSKA gets off the ground, they'll be out of business.

Awesome work dev's, keep it up!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How come you think so?

Development has been put in hiatus because the developers for OSKA are currently working on KARL, until KARL sees a release, this won't get worked on.

I totally agree, this thread should be closed until further notice by any of the two main developers of OSKA.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Development has been put in hiatus because the developers for OSKA are currently working on KARL, until KARL sees a release, this won't get worked on.

I totally agree, this thread should be closed until further notice by any of the two main developers of OSKA.

where did this come from?

Japanese numbers guy isn't working on karl, he is using their open sourced arm9 and 11 code as the basis for this project.

Where did the idea that he's doing anything for Karl come from?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

There's only one dev actively working on OSKA I believe, and he has neither the knowledge or skill to complete it on his own.

This project is dead and it's going to stay that way unless some highly skilled devs appear from nowhere to join him.

I think mods should lock this thread until development on OSKA begins again.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They aren't working on KARL, They are working on KRAL's Bootstrap, because '' it's working '' they are still working on OSKA -> https://gist.github.com/173210/d1d0b81a30dec5ee9e7a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning