Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does Savedatafiler work with the preinstalled Majora's Mask on a 9.0.0 New 3DS?
I would love to transfer my savegame to a retail cartridge.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're actively discussing how to handle installation of unsigned titles, but we don't have a definite answer on that yet. We do want to allow users to run homebrew from home menu since it affords full privs and resources, but we also don't wait to i.e. have to sign every piece of homebrew for 3ds. That'd be a headache for devs, too. A signed homebrew launcher is a pretty solid solution though.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Savedatafiler work with the preinstalled Majora's Mask on a 9.0.0 New 3DS?
I would love to transfer my savegame to a retail cartridge.

Yes, it will work on any pre-installed game. If KARL3DS can allow the installation of savedatafiler, then it may be possible the import the pre-installed game's save into a retail version of it. Well, that's what I think. XP

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Forgive me for my ignorance, but what issues did he encounter and what'd he do to get sound working?
EDIT: also, sorry for off topic, but I'm quite curious.
EDIT: I'm quite excited with how this is all going. Started reading the source and am trying to understand everything.

Sorry for being unclear. I was referring to the keys that we aren't allowed to use because Nintendo own them. Doing a 'Dark_Alex' was meant to referring to unlocking the whole system regardless if it is legal or not :)

Reactions: overlord00

w0dash

noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We're actively discussing how to handle installation of unsigned titles, but we don't have a definite answer on that yet. We do want to allow users to run homebrew from home menu since it affords full privs and resources, but we also don't wait to i.e. have to sign every piece of homebrew for 3ds. That'd be a headache for devs, too. A signed homebrew launcher is a pretty solid solution though.

Why not just give homebrew full access? I didn't know this attitude before the 3DS... :cry:

Reactions: Margen67

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
As long Karl3DS lets me update sysnand to 9.2 without bricking I'll be happy. :P

Firmware CIAs install signed content as long as the CDN downloader you use builds them correctly. :D

Which gives me an idea...Perhaps create a built-in CDN downloader and installer? (with a built-in script to download all titles needed for a full network update to 9.2)

Bypass the whole need to have a standalone CIA installer. The homebrew channel will do the rest since this project is dead set on keeping homebrew on that.

CDN downloader can only download firmware stuff and games you have tickets to, so that would be a good compromise. :P

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another question: I have a 2DS with 6.2.0 and a N3DS with 9.0.0.
I plan to update the 2DS to 9.0.0 using a download play title together with my N3DS.

Would this be stupid?
Should I rather keep the 2DS at 6.2.0 for use with your Kernel Access Rom Loader? The only benefit would be that I could use the profile exploit, right?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Another question: I have a 2DS with 6.2.0 and a N3DS with 9.0.0.
I plan to update the 2DS to 9.0.0 using a download play title together with my N3DS.

Would this be stupid?
Should I rather keep the 2DS at 6.2.0 for use with your Kernel Access Rom Loader? The only benefit would be that I could use the profile exploit, right?
make a nand backup, update do whatever you want(below 9.2), if at any point you decide 6.x seems like a more convenient solution, just downgrade back to 6.x with your nand dump

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
IM LAUGHING FUCK

The only benefit would be being able to use the profile exploit, yes. It's also worth dumping your eMMC before you update since 2DSes can't be downgraded through software.
not sure, but doesnt the gateway nand restore option work on a 2ds, i would imagine it would aslong as you have a nand backup

PS, lol i missed that name XD

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

You could maybe use headers from the most unpopular games available, i believe it is possible, but no one has done it yet, as far as i know.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country

I understand not wanting people to pirate stuff with your exploit, and closing some parts to help achieve that isn't very difficult, plus it helps a bit.
However, bending over backwards for this? Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Reactions: Margen67 and w0dash

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could maybe use headers from the most unpopular games available, i believe it is possible, but no one has done it yet, as far as i know.

That'd be illegal. Not gonna get into details of signing stuff, though.

I understand not wanting people to pirate stuff with your exploit, and closing some parts to help achieve that isn't very difficult, plus it helps a bit.
However, bending over backwards for this? Sounds like a waste of time to me.

How is that bending over backwards?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That'd be illegal. Not gonna get into details of signing stuff, though.

Wasn't thinking of that for a second, then the only other option i could think of is something similar to the gateway signature check hack in a CIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol his pole numbers went up after the conviction, street cred lol