Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
NINJHAX already has access to DSP (also on N3DS) but it's a) not really reversed and b) it requires a key which is property of Nintendo. Thus it's illegal to provide the key in Homebrew.

So... What's the plan to get sound on n3DS?

Rokkubro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
NINJHAX already has access to DSP (also on N3DS) but it's a) not really reversed and b) it requires a key which is property of Nintendo. Thus it's illegal to provide the key in Homebrew.
Ah, I see, so we're where we were before, working on csnd on N3DS.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So we're screwed, is smealum still working on this or is he too busy with school and stuffs? :/

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Smealum is busy building self driving smeabots in an attempt to take over the world, but no, the n3ds csnd issue is a limitation on how the n3ds works with the cubic ninja exploit basically the n3ds doesn't get access to csnd the same way the original 3ds does when using ninjhax, I'm guessing this project would probably be able to allow csnd access for n3ds users

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope that someone will port a cia installer for this if this ever comes to fruition. I mean there's no reason that someone who doesn't care about piracy couldn't make something to install cia software right? Like in theory we would just need someone with the know how and willingness to help if I understand all this correctly

Reactions: Margen67

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So basically, there will be no legal hb scene with sound on the N3DS? :(
There's still CSND which you can't access with our current NINJHAX due to right limitations.
A legal option to use the DSP integration Cubic Ninja uses/ offers but it would only work with NINJHAX => it's very unpractical.

Reactions: Rokkubro

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's still CSND which you can't access with our current NINJHAX due to right limitations.
A legal option to use the DSP integration Cubic Ninja uses/ offers but it would only work with NINJHAX => it's very unpractical.

So could it be possible to use CSND with kernel access or not?
Using NINJHAX DSP integration seems fine by me, we'll see when we'll get other entry points...

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So could it be possible to use CSND with kernel access or not?
Using NINJHAX DSP integration seems fine by me, we'll see when we'll get other entry points...
Yes, CSND should be possible with kernel access. But it will need some patches.
The problem is that it will only work with NINJHAX, not with CIA and not with 3DS and maybe not even with any other games. In addition to that it's very impractical.

Reactions: Idaho

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I really hope that someone will port a cia installer for this if this ever comes to fruition. I mean there's no reason that someone who doesn't care about piracy couldn't make something to install cia software right? Like in theory we would just need someone with the know how and willingness to help if I understand all this correctly

Piracy isn't the only application for a CIA installer, most of the homebrew apps can also be compiled as a CIA, and you can install them with a CIA installer, i prefer to install my homebrew installed on my 3DS, so i don't have to boot into cubic ninja every time.

But to launch that CIA, you need Gateway mode, or something similar to skip the signature check

Reactions: Margen67 and 2Hack

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Something great would be to be able to have the homebrew channel installed as .cia with kernel access :D

Have tried this, it boots up normaly, buy when you try to launch an homebrew app, it hangs.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps you have to do something like Dark_Alex did for the psp... (to get sound on N3DS)
Forgive me for my ignorance, but what issues did he encounter and what'd he do to get sound working?
EDIT: also, sorry for off topic, but I'm quite curious.
EDIT: I'm quite excited with how this is all going. Started reading the source and am trying to understand everything.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy isn't the only application for a CIA installer, most of the homebrew apps can also be compiled as a CIA, and you can install them with a CIA installer, i prefer to install my homebrew installed on my 3DS, so i don't have to boot into cubic ninja every time.

But to launch that CIA, you need Gateway mode, or something similar to skip the signature check

Indeed. I did forget we'd need something similar to the cfw or gateway/emunand to run non legit cia files :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh