Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You know, the exploit won't be finished any quicker if you search random stuff in pastebin. My mom used to say things like "The clock's hand won't turn if you keep staring at it" or "The water won't boil if you keep staring at it"

Reactions: 2Hack and yafeee

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya ppl, just wondering, can you use this to run savedatafiler on retail cartridges?

In it's current state on N3DS and 3DS, no, and at release probably not because we'd have to patch out sig checks. However if we grant access to all permissions from ARM11 kernel someone could probably write something like BigRedMenu but with saves/SDF to do it. From our mset firmlaunch we showed a few days ago it definitely works though but again, assuming sig checks are removed.

Reactions: VinsCool

Polarialis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This has come a long way in a very short space of time. It makes me wonder why Gateway seem to have their heads up their asses. Really quite odd. Still, you're making great progress, shiny. No doubt you'll go down in the history books, right along with the guys working on the Wii U kernel exploit. The community is in a good place right now, and it will only get better. I'm looking forward to it.

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My only hope is for Emunand in "Classic Mode"

I would love to update my games, use the pokebank and such, but i do not want to update my sysnand.
If i downgrade i'll lose all my savegames :/

Reactions: froggestspirit

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes me wonder why Gateway seem to have their head's up their asses.

Honestly, it looks like they're still searching for/trying to implement a new exploit. It makes sense that that could take time.

Also, open-source savedatafiler is something I've been thinking about, actually. You'd still have to fight with keyslot 0x2F stuff, but at least people could stop sharing illegal dev tools.

Reactions: Margen67

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, open-source savedatafiler is something I've been thinking about, actually. You'd still have to fight with keyslot 0x2F stuff, but at least people could stop sharing illegal dev tools.
My solution to the keyslot 0x2F problem would be to do away with our addiction to 4.x firmware and make 6.2.0 the new standard instead--have everyone go out and buy A Link Between Worlds and upgrade to 6.2.0. 6.2.0 still "supports" the mset exploit, so the user experience doesn't change.

All that changes is how we developers work--we use memchunkhax and firmlaunchhax in place of pxihax, and we have to code certain tools for raw ARM9 instead of Process9, as Decrypt9 does.

Even better if I could find a save file exploit in ALBW. I already understand the save file format decently...

This all won't happen, but I'm just saying that this would be one way to solve the problem of not knowing the keyX for keyslot 0x2F.

Reactions: Margen67

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes me wonder why Gateway seem to have their heads up their asses.

Honestly, it looks like they're still searching for/trying to implement a new exploit. It makes sense that that could take time.

Not trying to defend GW here, but remember: their entire business model is selling a softmod. It makes sense that a large portion of their time investment is not developing an exploit, but protecting it from being reverse engineered, cloned, sold and/or openly released. I suspect the exploit itself was finished some time ago.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only hope is for Emunand in "Classic Mode"

I would love to update my games, use the pokebank and such, but i do not want to update my sysnand.
If i downgrade i'll lose all my savegames :/
Classic mode is still EmuNAND. lol

You probably meant GW mode and Classic mode put together.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
You know, the exploit won't be finished any quicker if you search random stuff in pastebin. My mom used to say things like "The clock's hand won't turn if you keep staring at it" or "The water won't boil if you keep staring at it"

Well, I stare at this project and it seems to be progressing.

If someone documented a way to edit save files via homebrew, homebrews to edit save files without having to export them to a PC could be made...

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My solution to the keyslot 0x2F problem would be to do away with our addiction to 4.x firmware and make 6.2.0 the new standard instead--have everyone go out and buy A Link Between Worlds and upgrade to 6.2.0. 6.2.0 still "supports" the mset exploit, so the user experience doesn't change.

All that changes is how we developers work--we use memchunkhax and firmlaunchhax in place of pxihax, and we have to code certain tools for raw ARM9 instead of Process9, as Decrypt9 does.

Even better if I could find a save file exploit in ALBW. I already understand the save file format decently...

This all won't happen, but I'm just saying that this would be one way to solve the problem of not knowing the keyX for keyslot 0x2F.

Actually, we were planning on porting to pretty much every exploit vector anyways. This is a goal we could push for. Alternatively, if 0x2F ever gets leaked somehow (i.e. if gateway were to add support for it and we could get it from them), patching 0x2F init to use it would be trivial.

EDIT: honestly, it's probably best to leave it to the user. Some people already have all of their saves in one format anyways. No reason to bother them if they're comfortable how they are.

Reactions: VinsCool

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to get too off-topic, but that doesn't explain the video they released ages ago. They had some kind of exploit then, and I don't understand why they can't go forward with it. Rumor is that it broke Mii compatibility, but I think most people would have rather had a release anyway.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was gone for a few days, and you guys managed to amount 25+ pages of replies. I read through most of it, and I having a jist of what is going on.

Now, to the developers, Wulf, Shiny, and whomever else, I have some questions. I noticed that you guys are going to keep the end result closed, and I am curious as to what all will be closed. I am interested in porting this to use spider as the access point if you do not, so I am curious if this will be possible. The second question is in regards to a CFW. Now, using this, it should be possible. I am under the impression that you guys are not attempting this, but I am curious if you can confirm that.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was gone for a few days, and you guys managed to amount 25+ pages of replies. I read through most of it, and I having a jist of what is going on.

Now, to the developers, Wulf, Shiny, and whomever else, I have some questions. I noticed that you guys are going to keep the end result closed, and I am curious as to what all will be closed. I am interested in porting this to use spider as the access point if you do not, so I am curious if this will be possible. The second question is in regards to a CFW. Now, using this, it should be possible. I am under the impression that you guys are not attempting this, but I am curious if you can confirm that.
Most likely everything ARM11 will stay open in order to benefit homebrew, and everything ARM9 (including firmlaunch hax) will remain closed. CFW is very easy to do from this point, so yes, and we are working on getting all our previous firm launch stuff ported to use firmlaunch hax. So we'll see.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely everything ARM11 will stay open in order to benefit homebrew, and everything ARM9 (including firmlaunch hax) will remain closed. CFW is very easy to do from this point, so yes, and we are working on getting all our previous firm launch stuff ported to use firmlaunch hax. So we'll see.

Mmm, that would be very great. Cold-booting is my goal.

Also, was that tutorial Wulfy was talking about ever posted? Always interested in more knowledge.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(semi-)Dumb question but I've been wondering this for a while now:

On the first page, what is the difference between "Gain Arm11 Kernel" and "Arm11 Kernel Complete"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh