Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic Shadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A neat thing to maybe implement is a 3ds to cia converter for our OWN 3ds carts. Like put in say star fox 3d and a options menu pops up like search for update, install to SD via cia or a .3ds loader. Just some ideas but I guess you have to block the gateway card and sky to stop the piracy.

Reactions: VinsCool

Rhokk222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A neat thing to maybe implement is a 3ds to cia converter for our OWN 3ds carts. Like put in say star fox 3d and a options menu pops up like search for update, install to SD via cia or a .3ds loader. Just some ideas but I guess you have to block the gateway card and sky to stop the piracy.

Yes I was just about to ask these guys if something like this was possible. I don't mind buying my games at all but, being able to dump my cartridge and transform it into a CIA to install means I can have my entire library in my 3DS all the time. I would've thought this would be way more useful than region free.

I get that there are JAP games that will never be brought over but, how fun is it to play when you can't read words? My primary go to genre is RPG's so, it doesn't really make any sense to me. Even in MH for example, basic/core gameplay can be done easily but there's so much that NEEDS to be read. I just don't get the bother of region free. No game swapping, cheats, homebrew, overclocking, other plugins/etc... I would think would be more wanted.

All this is just my opinion, yours may/will vary.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Borrow friend's cart and ????
Insert Sky3ds and ????

Mystic Shadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I guess that could happen. Maybe set a type of verification after so long that it needs the carts or go off play history to prove you own it or somthing. Could be a pain for us guys that own 30+ games tho.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I guess that could happen. Maybe set a type of verification after so long that it needs the carts or go off play history to prove you own it or somthing. Could be a pain for us guys that own 30+ games tho.

It generally doesn't seem feasible. We'll keep it in mind, though.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I was just about to ask these guys if something like this was possible. I don't mind buying my games at all but, being able to dump my cartridge and transform it into a CIA to install means I can have my entire library in my 3DS all the time. I would've thought this would be way more useful than region free.

I get that there are JAP games that will never be brought over but, how fun is it to play when you can't read words? My primary go to genre is RPG's so, it doesn't really make any sense to me. Even in MH for example, basic/core gameplay can be done easily but there's so much that NEEDS to be read. I just don't get the bother of region free. No game swapping, cheats, homebrew, overclocking, other plugins/etc... I would think would be more wanted.

All this is just my opinion, yours may/will vary.

I like being able to play JAP games, some of them don't require you to know how to read japanese, just like hatsune project mirai or it's sometimes useful to get your games a little earlier just like ORAS JAP version that still had english selectable as a language...

firmlaunchhax works kind of like this

Wait so you guys have a version of the homebrew loader that can take advantage of kernel access?

Reactions: Margen67

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like being able to play JAP games, some of them don't require you to know how to read japanese, just like hatsune project mirai or it's sometimes useful to get your games a little earlier just like ORAS JAP version that still had english selectable as a language...

Wait so you guys have a version of the homebrew loader that can take advantage of kernel access?

What you just described is bootstrap. That's public and open source. We're doing firmlaunch-hax to gain control of arm9 here. Bootstrap is used as the first stage, basically.

Mystic Shadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It generally doesn't seem feasible. We'll keep it in mind, though.
Yeah just throwing ideas out there. maybe the trail times like demos could work. You can only play 30 times before it deletes the game and you have to reinstall it from your own cart and before it deletes it backs up your save. Like I said just ideas haha

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's cool as duck m8, emulating games and playing homebrews on my n3DS wasn't just as fun as it is with the regular 3DS because of this sound issue :lol:

Can I already use bootstrap to have sound or do I have to wait until you guys release something?

Rokkubro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's cool as duck m8, emulating games and playing homebrews on my n3DS wasn't just as fun as it is with the regular 3DS because of this sound issue :lol:

Can I already use bootstrap to have sound or do I have to wait until you guys release something?
You'll have to wait until bootstrap allows you to return to the homebrew browser with ARM11 kernel.

Reactions: Idaho
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Jared and his blood covered foot long