Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it normal that the arm9-kernel bootstrap fails to boot firmlaunchax sometimes?
I calculated with much tests that it booted quite the 70% of the time.
Is this an issue for you guys too, or your private version has something fixed?

Reactions: Furrymatt

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if we were to withdraw in some capacity, there'd be no reason for us to disband. We're just having a fun time messing with the 3DS ultimately.

EDIT: to be clear, we're not going to do anything like that, though. The project is still on track for release, and slowly getting there.

I know, it was sarcasm with some sour fun.

Reactions: WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I understood. But I have an old binary. How should I use it?
Git pull and get the newest payload, honestly. As we mentioned before, that's an old binary that is missing most functionality and has bugs that led to eMMC bricking quite a few times. Plus what is there is closed-source and not licensed.

EDIT: How do you even have a version that old? We've updated the git several times since then. Your own fork of it (why not just integrate some stuff into OKSA instead of lifting the whole thing?) is newer than that, too.

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do you even have a version that old?
#govanifywashere

Question time: Everyone keeps saying that the released source is not working on n3DS. Even roxas tools aren't working for n3DS. Are the n3DS offsets simply not known to the general public at this time? Shouldn't they be on 3dbrew or in Gateway launcher like everything else?

Reactions: Margen67 and cearp

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
#govanifywashere

Question time: Everyone keeps saying that the released source is not working on n3DS. Even roxas tools aren't working for n3DS. Are the n3DS offsets simply not known to the general public at this time? Shouldn't they be on 3dbrew or in Gateway launcher like everything else?

We have them, we've shown videos on New 3DS for weeks. We just haven't publicised them.

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you make a "Hello World" payload.bin example in C please?
I tried replacing bootstaps payload.bin with payload.bin files I found with google but surprisingly that didn't work.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Maybe if people actually start developing things with bootstrap, we'll put out New 3DS offsets and stuff. Until then, what difference does it make? We went through hell to get that information, we're not about to release it for nobody.

I lost a leg crossing that minefield and plotting a map of all the mines, I'm not going to share that map with anyone!

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Completely missing the point. It's not about having names on stuff, it's about morals. And legal responsibility too! Pirates sure love pretending that there aren't legal repercussions for opening a console wide open to piracy and having your name plastered on it.

https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/bootstrap/blob/arm9-kernel/LICENSE

Code:
3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must display the following acknowledgement: This product includes software developed by [I]Shiny Quagsire (and further contributors)[/I].
You sure that's the problem?

I have asked KARL member to clear the license of KARL several times, but I have not received the answer yet.
So, how should I use the source code? I can regard it as in Public Domain?
Copyright (c) 2015, Shiny Quagsire, WulfyStylez, Dazzozo, and contributers All rights reserved

Also, "contributors" would be that spelled correctly.

Reactions: niño de cobre

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you will release it? It's a long time...
Giving an ETA is pretty much the worst thing you can do for projects. It just leads to stress, rushing to get things done, and people complaining when you don't hit your deadline. Or complaining that when you do hit it everything is buggy because you had to rush.

So, it'll be done when it's done.

Reactions: Zidapi and Margen67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.