Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Having a N3DS 9.0.0 as download play host and a 2DS 6.2.0 as client did not trigger any update prompt, at least not with Luigi's Mansion 2. What game did you use?

The trigger only happen (at least here) with legit games (Eshop one or retail card for example). For example, Tetris (the old one, because there's two now) from Eshop ask the other 3DS to update but the same game launched from the Gateway doesn't, which means Gateway disable the update trigger.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KARL crew:
Are you guys intending to release a toolkit ala rxTools preceding the release of the CFW itself, or will everything be released together? Too early to say?

Most likely yes, probably just in our normal firm launch menu. Something with NAND dumping, NAND xorpad generation, emuNAND setup, NCCH decryption, all that stuff.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You first.

KARL crew:
Are you guys intending to release a toolkit ala rxTools preceding the release of the CFW itself, or will everything be released together? Too early to say?
Like shiny said, as part of our menu.

That being said, and I was just thinking about this, where's all the ARM9 homebrew? People complained at us for AGES to open-source ARM9 access, and it's 100% there now. For old3ds, at least. Has anyone even tried to do anything with it yet? I'm legitimately curious.
NAND dumping, XOR-pad creation, etc is all possible with it. Why'd the demand for ARM9 stuff disappear as soon as we made it possible?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country

That being said, and I was just thinking about this, where's all the ARM9 homebrew? People complained at us for AGES to open-source ARM9 access, and it's 100% there now. For old3ds, at least. Has anyone even tried to do anything with it yet? I'm legitimately curious.
NAND dumping, XOR-pad creation, etc is all possible with it. Why'd the demand for ARM9 stuff disappear as soon as we made it possible?

Uh, I can't develop HB because I'm stupid :cry: I didn't ask for arm9 to be open sourced, but I do like to read through it as it looks interesting. Would be rad if there was a development kit that lets noobs like me, make HB. I don't know C or ASM :(

Helreizer543

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, I can't develop HB because I'm stupid :cry: I didn't ask for arm9 to be open sourced, but I do like to read through it as it looks interesting. Would be rad if there was a development kit that let noobs like me, make HB. I don't know C or ASM :(

learn. Its not hard. actually use your brain.(not saying you're dumb). just actually try start small. c/c++ is easy to learn

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why'd the demand for ARM9 stuff disappear as soon as we made it possible?
Because the people that "needed" it open were just finding things to bitch about. Probably never was much actual interest in using it. Still, having it publicly available is nice and I'm sure there's at least a few that will do some neat things with ARM9.

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This is the part where everyone realizes that homebrew on the 3ds is a terribly dumb idea when you have Android and SDKs like Godot

Reactions: WhoAmI?

Helreizer543

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wut? oh I must have missed something. do you have a link?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
learn. Its not hard. actually use your brain.(not saying you're dumb). just actually try start small. c/c++ is easy to learn

I know I could try and learn - I'm usually tired (fatigued easily these days. Probably my depression...) though. I currently know a bunch of other programming languages, just not the bare-bone ones like C and ASM.

Even once I've learnt C/C++, then I gotta understand the 3DS and it's services (like, when I read other peoples code, I see stuff like this in their HB: 0x998908123 - I'm like "okay.... And thats how you call a service or something... I'm lost...").

:lol:

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

While I don't know for sure that it would have made a difference, I will point out that all of this has been possible on the old3ds for a long time, both through mset and spider. A lot of the interest behind this project comes from N3DS support specifically.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I don't know for sure that it would have made a difference, I will point out that all of this has been possible on the old3ds for a long time, both through mset and spider. A lot of the interest behind this project comes from N3DS support specifically.

Oh yeah, ARM9 homebrew has been immediately possible on old3ds since probably March of last year. I'm just going to go ahead and conclude that anyone besides software devs who wants open source only wants it because we keep saying that parts of our software are closed to prevent piracy. That's p much it. OSKA appeals to those people for that reason too, I imagine (no particular offense to the developer of it, just the pirates I'm describing here.)

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The trigger only happen (at least here) with legit games (Eshop one or retail card for example). For example, Tetris (the old one, because there's two now) from Eshop ask the other 3DS to update but the same game launched from the Gateway doesn't, which means Gateway disable the update trigger.
Actually it didn't trigger an update notification because both units were running a newer system version than the one Luigi comes packaged with (4.5).

Most likely yes, probably just in our normal firm launch menu. Something with NAND dumping, NAND xorpad generation, emuNAND setup, NCCH decryption, all that stuff.
Cool, hopefully that will keep people satisfied until the CFW goes live.

This is the part where everyone realizes that homebrew on the 3ds is a terribly dumb idea when you have Android and SDKs like Godot
Except that I don't have anything running Android, I do however have a 3DS.

So the existence of Android and godot is irrelevant to me.

Say I did have an Android device, how would that help me search and modify the RAM of my favourite 3DS game allowing me to create AR/GS type codes? How does godot allow me to downgrade my browser or update my 4.5 3DS to 9.2?

But most importantly, how is your post relevant to this topic? Oh wait, it isn't.

Lord Prime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a question, for example, I have a copy of a JP Smash Bros, and I'll be running it under KARL CFW, would I have the option to boot it with the english text/assets of the game?
I'm not sure if there's any practicality in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: After my shower +1