Not open for further replies.

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
because this is how the cubic ninja payload is deployed.

That was done because there's obviously a limit to what you can cram in the QR code, and Cubic Ninja has no SDMC access (without the spider/SKATER takeover to steal its handles)

We might be able to get away with stuffing everything in the QR code, not sure.

fatpolomanjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, these people don't really work that hard to do this. Its not their job and they are doing it for fun. Programming is time consuming, but not that hard to learn.
Tell me more about your insight as a developer working on a project that is stable and full of features, about to be released to a global audience.

bannana2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we
Tell me more about your insight as a developer working on a project that is stable and full of features, about to be released to a global audience.
well, its a video game system that only people authorized by Nintendo can develop for legally. So, yeah, don't try to beat me in some stupid flame war.

Reactions: cearp

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Already bought a gateway, still interested in piracy without it. Dude, whats your problem. I mean, these people don't really work that hard to do this. Its not their job and they are doing it for fun. Programming is time consuming, but not that hard to learn. Pull that moral compass out of your ass.

I don't give a crap about "morality". If people want the devs to do something they don't want to do, then they should find an alternative. Not to mention that this exploit currently requires CN to run, which is sort of like a GW card (can't use GW emunand without GW card). Mset and Spider port may come later, or am I wrong?

Sure, they're doing this for fun, but to be honest - if it was realy that easy to do this project, (not saying it is or isn't) you'd think it was done by now...

Reactions: bannana2

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OK so I finally got my JP OoT3D copy in today and Gateway worked thank god. I backed up the system nand and formatted emunand and was going to update to 9.5 but there's no GW3D in front of my system version (8.1J). 3.1.1 was supposed to fix this so I'm cautious if I should update or not... :/
Change the language in what you think is emuNAND, if when you boot into emuNAND and go into the settings and the language is what you set it to, then you can update safely
*EDIT* Also, wrong thread?

super waluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change the language in what you think is emuNAND, if when you boot into emuNAND and go into the settings and the language is what you set it to, then you can update safely
*EDIT* Also, wrong thread?
YEah wrong thread and thanks, I'll try that though idk if you can change the language on a JP system. I'll go to the main thread.

bannana2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't give a crap about "morality". If people want the devs to do something they don't want to do, then they should find an alternative. Not to mention that this exploit currently requires CN to run, which is sort of like a GW card (can't use GW emunand without GW card). Mset and Spider port may come later, or am I wrong?

Sure, they're doing this for fun, but to be honest - if it was realy that easy to do this project, (not saying it is or isn't) you'd think it was done by now...
I fully agree 100 percent.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well the reason for Cubic Ninja was mostly because it was, at the time of development, the only entrypoint to N3DS. I personally wouldn't compare it to a Gateway cart, because it's more or less like Smash or Twilight Princess on the Wii. For a long time you had to use those games to boot into homebrew much like ninjhax, but eventually the system was RE'd enough that we had an exploit permanently installed. The main problem for 3DS is that they actually have decent security this time around, so we can't just up and modify any random thing we want outside of emuNAND where we can actually patch checks and stuff.

Is the DS mode working in Emunand?

And do you plan to support language (not region, only the system language) changing? (Majoras Mask does not load when the game is from a different region due to false language files on the card)
Yes, TWL works in emuNAND, but only for physical cartridges. And it kicks you back to sysNAND after you exit the game. And for MM, that would be a region spoofing issue, we are unsure what we want to do there as of yet.

Furrymatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Durr these coders dont kniw what day are doing day are so slow! I wnat rams to play NAWWW what is the hald up
:rofl2:
So many people saying this as I was looking through all the pages :P

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
Fun fact, I accidentally made firmloader capable of launching AGB and TWL FIRM...

CAmdoXnWsAAxZOQ.jpg:small
CAmd5RRWQAAQMT4.jpg:small

Not spectacularly useful, but funny nonetheless. :P

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, TWL works in emuNAND, but only for physical cartridges. And it kicks you back to sysNAND after you exit the game. And for MM, that would be a region spoofing issue, we are unsure what we want to do there as of yet.
Does that mean no DSi or GBA VC

I'd thought they weren't working with Gateway as a result of the DS profile exploit. Not so?

EDIT: lol never mind
Fun fact, I accidentally made firmloader capable of launching AGB and TWL FIRM...

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Forgive my ignorance if I dont understand what AGB_FIRM is or does but is this what lets you load GBA VC games? and if it is can the rom size limit be removed?

Reactions: Margen67

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
lol. Well think of it this way. If you could...make some changes....to TWL_FIRM....Or AGB_FIRM....You can perhaps possibly allow any DS cart even previously blocked carts to boot as well as DSi and GBA stuff. You're at the stage where you can launch them and I'm sure in the state Arm9 is, you don't have to worry about file signatures.... ;)

Of coarse that's hypothetical. The real task is finding a legitimate use for modifying TWL. Any ideas? Some that don't involve piracy. But then again DS stuff has been pirated to hell and back and the DS is no longer an active platform for Nintendo. But I digress. It would be a nice novelty having an homebrew environment for DSi/DS homebrew and even older GBA stuff. :P

Perhaps in the mean time you can hook some stuff in TWL/AGB so people playing legit DS/DSi/GBA games can use them in emunand and not have to boot them from sysnand? Unless that's already no longer a problem with Karl at this stage... :P

Reactions: Margen67

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. Well think of it this way. If you could...make some changes....to TWL_FIRM....Or AGB_FIRM....You can perhaps possibly allow any DS cart even previously blocked carts to boot as well as DSi and GBA stuff. You're at the stage where you can launch them and I'm sure in the state Arm9 is, you don't have to worry about file signatures.... ;)

Of coarse that's hypothetical. The real task is finding a legitimate use for modifying TWL. Any ideas? Some that don't involve piracy. But then again DS stuff has been pirated to hell and back and the DS is no longer an active platform for Nintendo. But I digress. It would be a nice novelty having an homebrew environment for DSi/DS homebrew and even older GBA stuff. :P

Perhaps in the mean time you can hook some stuff in TWL/AGB so people playing legit DS/DSi/GBA games can use them in emunand and not have to boot them from sysnand? Unless that's already no longer a problem with Karl at this stage... :P

Patching FIRM rebooting in that way is an incredibly massive undertaking, if it's even possible. There's a reason Gateway can't support GBA games.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean no DSi or GBA VC? I'd thought they weren't working with Gateway as a result of the DS profile exploit. Not so?

Well, we'd have to patch them for emuNAND, which we *might* be able to do if we intercept the function which loads it into RAM and prepatch it there I guess. Basically we'd have to also redirect NAND access not only in NATIVE_FIRM but in TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM as well.

EDIT: What Wulfy said, it's maybe possible but extremely painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll give you a present by tying up ancientboi for you