ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

JMDBS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dumped with braindump it's a physical cartridge of birthright and I think it's named correctly.....

JennaZant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed the issue of characters not showing up, but now I'm crashing on chapter 4 repeatedly. I replaced A004 in m -> @E with the original file, and it's still not working.

cyuriosity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I fixed the issue of characters not showing up, but now I'm crashing on chapter 4 repeatedly. I replaced A004 in m -> @E with the original file, and it's still not working.
Are you doing any other difficulty other than normal? Lunatic and hard seem to crash the game on early chapters but normal works fine.

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Read up on 3ds.guide if you want to install custom firmware
My SD Card (Got a new one for 3ds with way more space than 2 gig, the original 1 has like 500 blocks left dunno if that will cut it) isnt the MBR standard that decrypt9 says that it needs, what do i do if i wanna run decrypt9? (I have a backup justin case for the sd, not the 3ds however)

JennaZant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has consistantly crashed all the goddamn time. I've made it 6 chapters past where I just was and I'm crashing again at the end of Chapter 10 in Revelation. I feel like I've done something wrong, or it just doesn't seem to like my 2ds/the digital version of fates

cyuriosity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My SD Card (Got a new one for 3ds with way more space than 2 gig, the original 1 has like 500 blocks left dunno if that will cut it) isnt the MBR standard that decrypt9 says that it needs, what do i do if i wanna run decrypt9? (I have a backup justin case for the sd, not the 3ds however)

I don't understand question if you're asking if your SD card and will work as long as it had 4GB it should work.
EDIT: Reread again, you will most likely need to buy a new SD card as it isn't the right format and am unsure if you can change the format sorry.

This has consistantly crashed all the goddamn time. I've made it 6 chapters past where I just was and I'm crashing again at the end of Chapter 10 in Revelation. I feel like I've done something wrong, or it just doesn't seem to like my 2ds/the digital version of fates

If you are using HANS instead of NTR the original post state that digital copies do not work well with HANS.

Last edited by cyuriosity,

JennaZant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand question if you're asking if your SD card and will work as long as it had 4GB it should work.
EDIT: Reread again, you will most likely need to buy a new SD card as it isn't the right format and am unsure if you can change the format sorry.

If you are using HANS instead of NTR the original post state that digital copies do not work well with HANS.
I'm using NTR :\

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I'll just report a few things.

Firstly the cutscene and model swap issue mentioned by JennaZant is fixable since it's likely some files were not compressed after randomization.
EDIT: Although I didn't read your new messages so yeah...

Secondly, Digital version crashes at chapter 6. Going through the steps to fix it later on as I have a previous engagement atm.

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i Ran the program and it extracted just fine actually, then i ran into a wall with the romfs extractor. It said the .3ds file wasnt a valid romfs binary, insights? (just did a basic dump of everything, no shaved or anything just the entire thing

Last edited by GUST,

cyuriosity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i Ran the program and it extracted just fine actually, then i ran into a wall with the romfs extractor. It said the .3ds file wasnt a valid romfs binary, insights? (just did a basic dump of everything, no shaved or anything just the entire thing

You need to extract it to a .CIA not a .3ds and then use Asia81's tools to extract the .romfs from the .CIA, there is a guide in this section on doing it.

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well apparently that crash killed a few things. (chapter 6)

Loading my backup since homebrew immediately crashes upon opening.

Edit: to add on the above, character loads are the most common for me.

Last edited by Redbit,

archerfates77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game seems to crash consistently on Birthright chapter 11, when Reina's replacement enters. My guess is that the game doesn't know how to handle non-flying units on a water tile?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting/replacing the files for your chapter under scripts/bev. For Revelation that would be every file that starts with C010.

The game seems to crash consistently on Birthright chapter 11, when Reina's replacement enters. My guess is that the game doesn't know how to handle non-flying units on a water tile?
That might be it. In that case I may need to create some sort of special case for whoever's switching with Reina to get things working properly.

Last edited by thane98,

JennaZant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete/replace every file in the bev folder that starts with the name for your chapter. For Revelation chapter 10 you'd go into Scripts/bev/ and delete every file that starts with C010. This will cause the cutscenes for that chapter to use the original models, but it should fix most crashes.

I already did my own solution, that being completing the chapter outside of the randomizer. Next time I encounter that problem, I'll do that. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: There was an 80X drive at one point lol