ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. I got the files off my sd card, put them in the order as described, then when i try using feat its just.. NO. It says it cant decrompress any files. Should I decompress before I sort them into the categories for the randomizer or what Am i doing wrong? All the files are on my computer (not the card), in the correct placement but it just wont decompress them. Any insights?
Only other suggestion I can think of would be to make sure you are running an up to date version of .NET. If that doesn't work, you may have to ask SciresM since FEAT is his tool.

Yes I named them back
You might need to see what someone else with the European version did then. I know that the randomized files work fine in game as long you rename them back correctly.

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only other suggestion I can think of would be to make sure you are running an up to date version of .NET. If that doesn't work, you may have to ask SciresM since FEAT is his tool.
Where can I find a good up to date version of .net and what does that mean for FEAT? I just need to get the .bin.lz files to .bin and it says that FEAT should be able to handle files like that
(lz and bin, but maybe not both together? But since other people have done it it must work.)
It just feels weird that it just wont work for the files and there's something im missing

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find a good up to date version of .net and what does that mean for FEAT? I just need to get the .bin.lz files to .bin and it says that FEAT should be able to handle files like that
(lz and bin, but maybe not both together? But since other people have done it it must work.)
It just feels weird that it just wont work for the files and there's something im missing
.NET is a software framework built by Microsoft which is commonly used in programs written in C#, like FEAT. You can find the latest version of by searching for .NET Framework. I can't say for sure since I don't know everything about FEAT, but there's always the chance that the program relies on some stuff from .NET for decompressing .lz files. That's why I'm suggesting that you install the latest version (though to be honest I'm not sure if that's the issue).

cercity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The randomizer's getting bad offsets for either the chapter table or character table in GameData.bin. Are you using a GameData file from any other hacks?

Ah, it turns out this was the case. I made a completely new rom dump and ran it through with no issues - the one I was using at first was one I've been messing around with but I thought I reverted the GameData to it's original form. I'll make some notes while playing through the game to see if there's any PAL specific issues if that is any use to you.

Thanks for being so patient.

Godspell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You might need to see what someone else with the European version did then. I know that the randomized files work fine in game as long you rename them back correctly.
I just thought about what exactly I did and I renamed the folders after I recompressed the files, could this be the issue?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I've seen a video of a german guy on youtube, his worked just fine he had not such "issues" as I have
I'm wondering if he randomized with a folder besides @U. As far as I know, @U is where the English files are stored for the European version, so may have to find the folder for your language, rename that one, randomize it, then name it back in order to play with the language you want.

Godspell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm wondering if he randomized with a folder besides @U. As far as I know, @U is where the English files are stored for the European version, so may have to find the folder for your language, rename that one, randomize it, then name it back in order to play with the language you want.
Okay I'm trying to do this later

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mmmm... I want to help out test this so I was wondering if there is a specific route or something you want tested. I will be using a downloaded copy of Fates Special edition.

Edit: Ignoring the fact it may not apply to everything since it's not a physical cartridge, I plan on going through each route with a somewhat fast pace on easy using the beta 4 hotfix 2 version.

Last edited by Redbit,

JennaZant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the digital version, and it's not working. Everyone is getting replaced in cutscenes, but no one actually gets replaced in-game, even past the tutorial. I'm using the NTR version in Conquest, USA on a 2ds.

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got tired of it not working, So I'm renaming all .bin.lz files to .bin by hand just to see if it can make it work. Jesus christ I hate that FEAT wont work for the braindump

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to keep bothering you thane98, but where can i find the latest version of FEAT? Is the version given the latest or is there a newer one?

cyuriosity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got tired of it not working, So I'm renaming all .bin.lz files to .bin by hand just to see if it can make it work. Jesus christ I hate that FEAT wont work for the braindump
Renaming will not do anything, FEAT decompresses files, not just renames them.

https://github.com/SciresM/FEAT/releases/tag/v1.0

Here is the github page for FEAT, although there is a 1.1 version I'm pretty sure that is the one include in thane98's patch.

Also if you have custom firmware, I reccomend dumping your game through Decrypt9 instead, much more reliable than braindump

Last edited by cyuriosity,

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Renaming will not do anything, FEAT decompresses files, not just renames them.

https://github.com/SciresM/FEAT/releases/tag/v1.0

Here is the github page for FEAT, although there is a 1.1 version I'm pretty sure that is the one include in thane98's patch.

Also if you have custom firmware, I reccomend dumping your game through Decrypt9 instead, much more reliable than braindump
Read my edited post for suggestion, and what region of the game are you use?
its the EU version of birthritgjt (I have all dlc, but i doubt the dump got them, dont rly carr about that at the moment.) by custom firmware, What exactly do you mean? My 3DS is 11,2 with homebrew but thats about it.
(Ill try decrypt9 when i get home from my sidework in about 4 hours, so i cant test it directly and reply the results)

Last edited by GUST,

cyuriosity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its the EU version of birthritgjt (I have all dlc, but i doubt the dump got them, dont rly carr about that at the moment.) by custom firmware, What exactly do you mean? My 3DS is 11,2 with homebrew but thats about it.

Read up on 3ds.guide if you want to install custom firmware, and for the EU version I think you have to rename the folders to something else, I am not quite sure because EU version is only one haven't randomized. Someone has managed to do it in the previous posts on this thread I think so look through those.

And no it did not get the DLC, it is impossible to dump DLC without custom firmware and a long complicated process.

Reactions: thane98

JMDBS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used hans but I get the invalidated icache message and dont know how to fix it and I looked online and didn't find any clear answers to fix....

cyuriosity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used hans but I get the invalidated icache message and dont know how to fix it and I looked online and didn't find any clear answers to fix....
Did you dump a digital version of fates through braindump? And are you sure you have the romfs correctly named?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM