ROM Hack [WIP][CIA/Homebrew]Fire Emblem Save Editor [Change difficulty on the fly]

Metab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
not to bash but, that tool would be better off as a cia/3dsx so it would really be on the fly as its still FEFTwiddler and Fire Editor even with only one option. Also im saying the 3dsx/cia because remember, save editors are only fancy hex editors
....it is a CIA/3dsx...
Did you look at any of it? did you read the thread?
Also I am working on more options, the whole point is its actually on the fly...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ooh yeah you should have posted this in the homebrew section, not the rom hacking section :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I see. wouldnt a built in decompresser make it much easier ? (since FEFTwiddler does it and its open source)
it's not decompressing, the save needs to be decrypted. our game saves are encrypted unique to our consoles.
fefttwiddler must use the decrypted save too, no way around that.

Reactions: Scarlet

Metab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ooh yeah you should have posted this in the homebrew section, not the rom hacking section :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it's not decompressing, the save needs to be decrypted. our game saves are encrypted unique to our consoles.
fefttwiddler must use the decrypted save too, no way around that.
Ill ask a staff member to move it then :D

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to see this! I was just thinking of how nice it would be to have an editor in the same vein as PCHex so i could do some research on the go. I would recommend adding a hex editor before actually adding features (once you get save decrypting/encrypting working) as a hex editor would allow users to edit anything they want while they wait for new features. Also, is Fates compatibility planned (even as separate app)?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Great to see this! I was just thinking of how nice it would be to have an editor in the same vein as PCHex so i could do some research on the go. I would recommend adding a hex editor before actually adding features (once you get save decrypting/encrypting working) as a hex editor would allow users to edit anything they want while they wait for new features. Also, is Fates compatibility planned (even as separate app)?
implementing a hex editor is not a simple feature - way out of scope for a save editor! :) i think the point of this application is so that people don't need to use a hex editor.
anyway godmode 9 can do it i think, or ctrxplorer, one of those at least.

Reactions: Metab

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
implementing a hex editor is not a simple feature - way out of scope for a save editor! :) i think the point of this application is so that people don't need to use a hex editor.
anyway godmode 9 can do it i think, or ctrxplorer, one of those at least.
Yeah, I know that a hex editor exists for 3ds. Do you know if there is a way to decompress saves on the 3ds yet?

Metab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fates may be created as a seperate application, time will tell really

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yeah, I know that a hex editor exists for 3ds. Do you know if there is a way to decompress saves on the 3ds yet?
what do you mean decompress? you mean decrypt and dump saves? yes a few tools like savedatafiler, jk's save manager thing.
but decompressing, after the decryption, different games compress their saves in different ways. not all games compress their saves. so, there is not 1 way.

Safo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this for Fire Emblem Awakening? it says reading from text.txt

Anyway, I would love the ability to change from Casual to Classic. I did the mistake of starting Lunatic on Casual and im already past the hard missions. Don't want to restart

Reactions: DrakeLyon

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean decompress? you mean decrypt and dump saves? yes a few tools like savedatafiler, jk's save manager thing.
but decompressing, after the decryption, different games compress their saves in different ways. not all games compress their saves. so, there is not 1 way.
I meant decrypt. Just like how you have to use FEST before hex editing on a computer with a Fates Chapter file.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you make this hack both Fire Emblem Fates and Awakening?
Good work btw @Metab
I really look forward to new features similar to FEFTwiddler :) maybe the author can help you out with it

Metab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you make this hack both Fire Emblem Fates and Awakening?
Good work btw @Metab
I really look forward to new features similar to FEFTwiddler :) maybe the author can help you out with it
Depends on how they handle their saves, Ill have a look

You might want to edit the title to say "Awakening" for now. :P
Ill add it to the post ><, cant update the title :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo