Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
He says so himself right here. He's not working on this anymore, and is moving his efforts to porting it to the Vita instead. He's ditching this project and moving on to another. In my opinion, this project is dead.

MasterFeizz helped Shutterbug along but he is not the main developer of this project. @shutterbug2000 has not yet said anything about abandoning the project.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MasterFeizz helped Shutterbug along but he is not the main developer of this project. @shutterbug2000 has not yet said anything about abandoning the project.
I'm not the main developer of 3DeSmuME but I am the main developer of the DeSmuME port, that being said I'm not the sole developer so I can't say that the project is dead.

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not the main developer of 3DeSmuME but I am the main developer of the DeSmuME port, that being said I'm not the sole developer so I can't say that the project is dead.

Yeah, I thought something like that would be brought up. :P Let's just say you're both "co-developers" on this project, one of whom has decided to port this to vita for the time being and the other unknown atm.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Historian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OpenGL.
Soon™
While not going very fast, I'm learning a bit from existing code in order to try to make something out of the half complete opengl ports.

MrElephant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question.
So I downloaded the cia file for the old 3ds (running it on 2ds though--shouldnt make a difference)
I have a homebrew game that I made, in some parts it requires the use of the touchpad.
My first question is this--When I use bigbluemenu to import the cia it loaded and everything but when I started desume it went black and I had to turn off the console. I only had one rom on the root of the sd card--my homebrew game--so does that mean that homebrew cant be run, or am I doing something stupid?

My second question is this--was the touchpad thing ever implemented? I read older posts about the touchpads not working, but I was just wondering if this was fixed.

Thanks everyone and sorry for being a bother.

-MrElephant

Last edited by MrElephant,

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just a quick question.
So I downloaded the cia file for the old 3ds (running it on 2ds though--shouldnt make a difference)
I have a homebrew game that I made, in some parts it requires the use of the touchpad.
My first question is this--When I use bigbluemenu to import the cia it loaded and everything but when I started desume it went black and I had to turn off the console. I only had one rom on the root of the sd card--my homebrew game--so does that mean that homebrew cant be run, or am I doing something stupid?

My second question is this--was the touchpad thing ever implemented? I read older posts about the touchpads not working, but I was just wondering if this was fixed.

Thanks everyone and sorry for being a bother.

-MrElephant

Which release of the emulator are you using? If it's an older release then it'll require the rom to be named "game.nds" if I'm not mistaken and placed in the root of the SD card.

The latest release which should have JIT in its name, requires you to have the rom placed in a folder called "nds" which again should be located in the root. You can also make a folder called "desmumedesmume" in the root to let the emulator make saves.

Also, it might be a case of the .cia installer used not doing its job correctly. If that's the case try the latest version of FBI installer. That should work.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

MrElephant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panda,

I am using the latest version located here https://github.com/masterfeizz/DeSmuME/releases.
I tried reinstalling it with FBI, and putting the nds folder on the root like you said, but nothing
happened. I will try to put the saves folder on the sd card, and if it works out ill repost here.

Edit: Nothing happened after I put those folders on the root.

-MrElephant

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Panda,

I am using the latest version located here https://github.com/masterfeizz/DeSmuME/releases.
I tried reinstalling it with FBI, and putting the nds folder on the root like you said, but nothing
happened. I will try to put the saves folder on the sd card, and if it works out ill repost here.

Edit: Nothing happened after I put those folders on the root.

-MrElephant
Just place the game.nds file on the root of your SD card.

MrElephant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seemed to work, got the white screens to come up.
Unfortunately my game that was made in DS game maker doesn't work.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

-MrElephant

Edit: When I run homebrew from desume on the computer I receive an error "you cant use the defualt (stream rom from disk) due to a bug with the dldi-autopatching" before I can play. This wouldnt cause any problems playing the game on the 3desume would it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4