Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

camochase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can we just natively run nds games kinda like a digital flash card on the system instead of trying to emulate it

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not being done to replace native compatibility, TWL_FIRM is being researched elsewhere. The problem is that people think this will replace native compatibility, and magically enhance games.

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can we just natively run nds games kinda like a digital flash card on the system instead of trying to emulate it
Something about it not writing to the SD card and instead writing to the NDS card itself. They tried to make it write to SD but it would be too hard. So they are working on an emulator. This should be able to access the full power of the new and old 3ds. Which should emulate fine.

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, no way it could be ported to the 3ds, drastic can be used because of an exploit in the way android runs, and takes over the whole system technically. As the 3DS doesn't have android firmware, it wouldn't be able to boot.
Uhhhh, no.... Android is an open platform. Drastic is just a really well designed and efficient emulator. It doesn't exploit anything in Android...

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It work better on the PSP compared with an o3ds many minutes on wihte screen i doubt it will work my ROM is trimmed it can be the cause?

Last edited by laharl22,

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not quite related to 3DeSmume and it's development but what does the name desmume mean? Is it an acronym or some wordplay?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i'm writing an essay about a poem (i had to) and i chose one about death, so i decided i'd drop...