Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
We don't have a software native way to do this, so... If you don't like this just go with your flashcart and let him do what he wants to. Thanks.

But we have NATIVE HARDWARE for do this...and in before coments you say use 3ds potentil is better than use DS mode .......no comment about it....so lack of knowledge of how emulation works on the mayority of systems. Greetings

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Less N64, more PS1 level. While the DS has more developed 3D rendering, the actual amount of stuff it can render is quite a bit lower than what the N64 can do. SM64DS works well and looks better than SM64 simply because the original Mario 64 game utilised so little of the N64's potential power.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
ds is more powerful then ps1 ds is 64 bit ps1 32 bit and ps1 older console so the emulators are better for it
please, learn how architectures work. It's not a linear comparison. say, the S5 runs a quad-core 2.5GHz ARM CPU. An HP G6 Notebook I own runs a 1.9GHz Dual-Core A4-3300M APU. Guess what, the performance can't be compared.

Also, I assume DS emulation wouldn't be that hard on the 3DS considering the 3DS uses a similar architecture.

Reactions: Deleted User

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Less N64, more PS1 level. While the DS has more developed 3D rendering, the actual amount of stuff it can render is quite a bit lower than what the N64 can do. SM64DS works well and looks better than SM64 simply because the original Mario 64 game utilised so little of the N64's potential power.

and dun forget aspect ratio and resolution...its help a lot ....DS is a upgraded Supernes at least with 3d aceleration

greetings

Last edited by hellionz,

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
But we have NATIVE HARDWARE for do this...and in before coments you say use 3ds potentil is better than use DS mode .......no comment about it....so lack of knowledge of how emulation works on the mayority of systems. Greetings

Well I've been following this thread for a while and really felt I have to say this: first thing is as it has been said flash cards can't be bought everywhere, and here you will say there are a lot of sites selling them, yes indeed there are but the thing is in some countries (mine for example) you pay like 4-5x the price of it for SHIPPING, so the total gets pretty close to what I PAYED on my N3DS and although I got it really cheap for our country it was still really expensive (and I am not one to be considered poor here) so I ask: would anyone really want to pay almost as much as they paid for a N3DS just for something that will let them play NDS games on it (not to say you still need to buy an extra micro SD card for it)?
And the second thing is they get broken hardware quite fast: I have 2, both bought new and one of them is <2 years old (and I do not think it has been used for more than 500h in these 2 years) and both of them are pretty broken, they corrupt either the save files or the ROMs on the micro SD card once in a while and I need to format the micro SD card again (about once every 1-3 months) and if you're gonna say I bought crappy micro SD cards, I have tried switching them and I have only really good and expensive ones, in one of them being a Sandisk Ultra 64GB. On the other hand if you will say that the devices themselves are crappy then just to let you know I ALWAYS read a lot before buying any tech stuff and I literally bought the best ones I could find at those moments after reading a lot here on GBATemp.

Reactions: Bedel

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
10 EUR one friend on mine took a month ago a r4gold , totally working , and with native DS mode . i have a 32 Gb on my old dstwo and i have 90% of my favoutite games, you dont need more...with 8 or 16 GB would be enough...4, 5 EUR?

the problem here is not credit cards, shipping , etc ....is that some people wants ALL FREE ....and its ok , if you want an emulator which never will work as native hardware...plz continue, but its so simple play DS on a 3ds with a minimal payment....sigh

greetings

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
Also appeaently there is a law that will get borderline security or something to dispose of flash cards in some country's or something like that, don't know if it's true

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
10 EUR one friend on mine took a month ago a r4gold , totally working , and with native DS mode . i have a 32 Gb on my old dstwo and i have 90% of my favoutite games, you dont need more...with 8 or 16 GB would be enough...4, 5 EUR?

the problem here is not credit cards, shipping , etc ....is that some people wants ALL FREE ....and its ok , if you want an emulator which never will work as native hardware...plz continue, but its so simple play DS on a 3ds with a minimal payment....sigh

greetings
Please, understand that this, properly working, will be exponentially better than a flashcard - not requiring external hardware, being able to load ROMs directly off the SD Card. There are many reasons. Even as a PoC project this is interesting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also appeaently there is a law that will get borderline security or something to dispose of flash cards in some country's or something like that, don't know if it's true
sale of flashcarts is illegal in certain countries afaik.

Reactions: Bedel

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
i hate bull*hits always telling to "why would you bother this if theres a flashcart?" or something like that...

if you dont like this homebrew then this thread is not for you!!!
rather that wasting your time to reading the OP and making unuseful comment, why dont you just ignore us?
we dont care on how you run your life, thats why please dont tell us what to do...

Last edited by noctis90210,

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, returning to the main topic: I tryed out many games and most works "fine", but one of the really annoys me. Everything's a Lie is a very litle and easy homebrew game. In fact, I thought I would work since it works in every emulator. There is no diference in a easy homebrew or a massive one, none of then will work atm. Am I wrong?

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Please, understand that this, properly working, will be exponentially better than a flashcard - not requiring external hardware, being able to load ROMs directly off the SD Card. There are many reasons. Even as a PoC project this is interesting.

i dun think a N3ds (...old is OUT) have enough hardware to achieve a flawless emulation....but i will be glad of see if this is posible....i think not...but ok ....and i have the NDS flashcard on slotcard always....its not a problem being extra hardware....its the dev time for im worried about....he seems he is a great dev and can use his knowledge on something better. Greetings

Reactions: Xiphiidae

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
They're illegal in Australia iirc, but that doesn't stop multiple websites from selling and distributing them here.

Just ignore them.
does that mean you get in trouble if your order one or you jsut will not get caught

i dun think a N3ds (...old is OUT) have enough hardware to achieve a flawless emulation....but i will be glad of see if this is posible....i think not...but ok ....and i have the NDS flashcard on slotcard always....its not a problem being extra hardware....its the dev time for im worried about....he seems he is a great dev and can use his knowledge on something better. Greetings
most people like me have the old 3ds because i have had a 3ds before the new one even existed and i have to old 3ds and i don't want to new 3ds only games

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
does that mean you get in trouble if your order one or you jsut will not get caught
Off topic, but I believe the authorities tackle the distributors, not people who buy them.

From a 2009/2010 court case: "An Australian distributor has been ordered to pay Nintendo over half a million dollars for selling video game piracy tool, the R4[...]".

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country

most people like me have the old 3ds because i have had a 3ds before the new one even existed and i have to old 3ds and i don't want to new 3ds only games

so you are prepared for forget NDS emulation ? xDDDD ...NDS has lack of potential for a NDS emulation (you only has to see GBA and SNES emus)

Greetings

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

greetings

Look at your country and my country...what did I say?
Yes, the card might be 10-20$ but the shipping is really expensive (well if you want to buy form some trusted site and not things like ebay where you can totally get a scam or a clone/broken one), at best I've seen shipping of 25$, at worst of 83$, how would those prices make you feel?
Would you really pay 50+$ for one?
And as some have said, yes, as far as I know there is actually a risk of it being blocked at entrance in the country, and also 10$ is pretty expensive here, just think of the fact that that is like 1/16 of the lowest salary here IIRC and it's still not just 10$ you pay in the end, there is no site in my country selling them anymore and just think of the other things one has to pay for, with the lowest salary here you would never be able to afford one (and if you say they wouldn't be able to afford a 3DS either....well that is kinda true but remember there is more than one way to get one, some less legal than others...).

EDIT: I know the prices because I was actually watching them for a while waiting for an opportunity to buy some extra ones for when mine get totally broken and being a student I really won't ever be able to afford one at those prices.

Last edited by Ranomez,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la