Windows XP Home iso? (With SP1/2/3 if possible)

HugaTheFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a spare old PC, and it runs Windows 2000 currently. I had Windows XP Home 2 yrs ago because thats what it came with. This PC is several years old (about 12) and its an HP Pavilion a1102n, stock. (Funny it has an x86_64 chip). I uninstalled XP when I tried Windows 7 Pro x32 (bad choice) so recently went and installed Lubuntu. Last weekend I installed Windows 2000, so I can play GTA: SA. But to run emulators and GTA SA Mods, it looks like I need XP. So is there a way to get it legitimately and safely?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm not exactly sure if its safe to link but its literally available on Microsoft's website for free here
Sorry if it isn't allowed either way.
that's just the service pack... to upgrade a current installed xp....

either way, if it comes from the company itself as free, it's allowed...
what is forbidden in gbatemp is warez.

D

Deleted User

If you just wanna play gta sa then any modern computer should do. I run it on my laptop win10 and everything's fine

HugaTheFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just wanna play gta sa then any modern computer should do. I run it on my laptop win10 and everything's fine
I just have this PC lying around. It has GTA SA already installed and I mind as well to put it to good use. I do have a modern PC, but its my moms.

pckeycallout

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you know the trusted link share with me as well, MS also stop providing support for window xp

We should update to window 10. I got my window 10 copy from pckey callout.

D

Deleted User

I have one. Legit Windows XP [But Pro afaik, unsure if your Home key would work]

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't GTA SA have a gold rating with WINE? I played and beat the entire game on Arch years ago. The only issue I had was that the installer installed a non working version of xinput.dll, so I had to find a working one.

D

Deleted User

Doesn't GTA SA have a gold rating with WINE? I played and beat the entire game on Arch years ago. The only issue I had was that the installer installed a non working version of xinput.dll, so I had to find a working one.
It does but sometimes it's kinda hard to install it. It works just fine afterwards though.
But if ya want real retro feel, Windows XP is your stay. The best OS.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a spare old PC, and it runs Windows 2000 currently. I had Windows XP Home 2 yrs ago because thats what it came with. This PC is several years old (about 12) and its an HP Pavilion a1102n, stock. (Funny it has an x86_64 chip). I uninstalled XP when I tried Windows 7 Pro x32 (bad choice) so recently went and installed Lubuntu. Last weekend I installed Windows 2000, so I can play GTA: SA. But to run emulators and GTA SA Mods, it looks like I need XP. So is there a way to get it legitimately and safely?
Legit just go on youtube and search :windows xp iso activated. One of them is legit I tested it but others idk

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The XP pro disc will not work with a home coa. The best thing to do if you want to stay above boards is to call a local PC repair place, and just tell them. "I want to reinstall my XP home. The computer has the CoA, but not the disc. Can you help?"If they want more than $5 for their time, call elsewhere. Shouldn't be too hard.

D

Deleted User

The XP pro disc will not work with a home coa. The best thing to do if you want to stay above boards is to call a local PC repair place, and just tell them. "I want to reinstall my XP home. The computer has the CoA, but not the disc. Can you help?"If they want more than $5 for their time, call elsewhere. Shouldn't be too hard.
Um, I also have a key... [No, I'm not distributing warez, just saying] If OP wants it then he should hit me up on Discord

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1