Windows 11 failed to install

darrin41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I get home I’m gonna try it . If I choose to boot from a usb to install how do I go about it sorry not really computer savvy

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rufus-bypass-windows-11-hardware-restrictions.webp

rufus-byapss-ram-secureboot-tpm-windows-11.webp

https://pureinfotech.com/create-windows-11-bootable-usb-unsupported-pc-rufus/

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Last edited by impeeza,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to install from the USB if you use rufus, as booting from it to upgrade. Else Microsoft will still do a check and say "nuhu"

I figured that was a given. I guess not. :P Thanks for pointing that out to the op.

Do I boot from legacy usb or ueif

ueif if your system sypports it. If not, guess what the other option is? :)

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, windows 11 is not worth it, I myself would stick with 10. 11 removes certain settings and options and uses (in my experience) 500 mb more ram on idle. Why do you even need to update? 10 already has everything you need. Please enlighten me

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, windows 11 is not worth it, I myself would stick with 10. 11 removes certain settings and options and uses (in my experience) 500 mb more ram on idle. Why do you even need to update? 10 already has everything you need. Please enlighten me
Remember when people thought moving to Windows 10 was a bad idea? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Real talk, though. My personal experience is a bit different. I couldn’t go back to 10 without some weird performance hits (on a 3900x build at the time, mind you). There really isn’t anything fundamentally wrong with 11. A lot of the gripes (valid as they may be) come from poor business choices, but not how the OS performs.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember when people thought moving to Windows 10 was a bad idea? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Real talk, though. My personal experience is a bit different. I couldn’t go back to 10 without some weird performance hits (on a 3900x build at the time, mind you). There really isn’t anything fundamentally wrong with 11. A lot of the gripes (valid as they may be) come from poor business choices, but not how the OS performs.
I guess you are right, if Microsoft didn't do weird things like putting ads in the file explorer, or forcing you to use Edge, I would probably respect it more.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I guess you are right, if Microsoft didn't do weird things like putting ads in the file explorer, or forcing you to use Edge, I would probably respect it more.
I don’t use edge at all, never have (aside from certain edge cases) and see no ads in my file explorer? Is that recent?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Funny that I've been using Win11 since release and I've never had an ad in explorer and have never been forced to use Edge.

I recommend you use free download manager to download medicat from torrent. You will need 7zip.

No. The op is not that great with a PC to begin with. A couple of you are adding unnecessary steps/apps for them to try to fiddle with. Just let them use Rufus or you'll confuse them even more.

Reactions: impeeza

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its so indirect the suggestion to use Edge, but as I had setting to no use Edge at all since Windows 10 never received the "suggestions"

Yeah. Nothing is forced. Although I did switch to using Edge a couple years back for my main browser, as it performs better than Firefox. At least for me on my system.

Edit: P.S. Are you ever going fix your signature? :P

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t use edge at all, never have (aside from certain edge cases) and see no ads in my file explorer? Is that recent?
ads were a thing, but were ditched after protests. I guess Edge isn't "forced," that may have been an exaggeration, but you cannot officially uninstall it. Recently attempts to download other browsers through it are met with intrusive popups that tell you to keep using Edge. So overall it isn't terrible, just mildly infuriating in my opinion.

Reactions: Kioku and Hayato213

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
ads were a thing, but were ditched after protests. I guess Edge isn't "forced," that may have been an exaggeration, but you cannot officially uninstall it. Recently attempts to download other browsers through it are met with intrusive popups that tell you to keep using Edge. So overall it isn't terrible, just mildly infuriating in my opinion.
It's things like this that make me wonder why people aren't moving to Linux in droves. Windows is like getting sodomized with a broomstick, and just saying "well it plays my games" while shrugging. Like, I'm constantly getting articles in my news feed about how Windows breaks or removes something that greatly hinders productivity, or like your claims about Microsoft's obvious anti-consumerism. I just don't get why people don't value their time and experience more than this.

Also, I didn't come here to just rant about Windows. Sorry it turned into that, but this does offer a great Segway. OP, install Linux. With aging hardware like yours, you're likely going to have a much better time. If you want something that'll feel familiar, and be easy to use, I recommend LMDE. As an added bonus, it's one of the few distros that still offer a 32bit variant, so it's rather easy to install on legacy machines.
https://linuxmint.com/download_lmde.php

Just use Rufus to create an install USB, boot into it, and click "Next" a bunch until it's installed. It's as easy as installing Windows.

Reactions: Plazorn

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, some minor nuances. Not for everyone, understandably.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's things like this that make me wonder why people aren't moving to Linux in droves. Windows is like getting sodomized with a broomstick, and just saying "well it plays my games" while shrugging. Like, I'm constantly getting articles in my news feed about how Windows breaks or removes something that greatly hinders productivity, or like your claims about Microsoft's obvious anti-consumerism. I just don't get why people don't value their time and experience more than this.

Also, I didn't come here to just rant about Windows. Sorry it turned into that, but this does offer a great Segway. OP, install Linux. With aging hardware like yours, you're likely going to have a much better time. If you want something that'll feel familiar, and be easy to use, I recommend LMDE. As an added bonus, it's one of the few distros that still offer a 32bit variant, so it's rather easy to install on legacy machines.
https://linuxmint.com/download_lmde.php

Just use Rufus to create an install USB, boot into it, and click "Next" a bunch until it's installed. It's as easy as installing Windows.
I second this, I try to use Linux as much as possible. I really hate to say it, but I use Arch btw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto