Windows users should try to be more open minded to try Linux

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nah if your a pc gamer you use windows 10. as for all the so called w10 spy/bloatware get winaero and turn it all off. I've disabled uac, defender, auto updates and many other things i don't need in w10 and it's free to download and use! just stay the fuck away from 11 :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Segger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a minor issue with Linux (in general) and that was the keyboard delay e.g. "ALso" instead of "Also"

This little tool fixes this issue: https://github.com/hexvalid/Linux-CapsLock-Delay-Fixer

Anyway, read recently that Windows 11 LTSC has been leaked, I'll try that out, but it's probably inferior to 10 LTSC which I very much like.
Whoa, using capslock instead of shift for capitalizing text intermittently sounds so inefficient, I guess I could see how some people just end up typing that way regularly though. For years now I've thought of capslock as a legacy key and rebind it as a modifier for quick macros.

What's crazier is that that github README mentions that it happens in all linux distros and hasn't been fixed for years, the repo itself is crazy old. I guess there are just so few people typing that way that it goes completely ignored. Pretty sad.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

AHumanBean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've been considering switching for a while, but I don't really want to re-download 2 terabytes of files, and possibly lose some files that I forget before wiping my drive.

I have dual-bootes into Linux before for a science fair project before, and I enjoyed it mostly.

Reactions: gungunra

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No point in sticking to one OS like if it was an exclusive cult, since dual-boot (or simply having more than one PC) allows you to taste both. And while I love Linux (mostly stick to flavorless distros like Debian/Arch), for the average user Windows is still less of a headache. If only people bothered to debloat their installs or "got" the appropriate Windows editions instead of Home versions...

Reactions: gungunra and Segger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.