• Total voters

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
DunkrWunkah said:
Long and Hard days and nights of coding await the No$Gba Team.

You're kidding me?
2.6b hasn't been made in like...decades.

DiscostewSMDoubt you'll see a No$3DS in this lifetime.

That.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
fgghjjkll said:
Waaait.. How do you know that? Please, do tell us the 3DS full specifications! What we've heard so far is rumours and that some unknown company announced it's graphics hardware is being used.
Um, yeah. And have you seen the demo of Resident Evil: Revelations? Looks pretty damn good to me. And Kojima himself compared the 3DS to the PS3.
You all seem to be forgetting that the resolution of the 3DS is far below that of modern consoles that can do HD, so it doesn't need nearly as much power to pull off the same graphical quality since it's doing it at a much lower resolution.
Cut the resolution in half, and the work you need to do is down to 1/4th.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Midna said:
fgghjjkll said:
Waaait.. How do you know that? Please, do tell us the 3DS full specifications! What we've heard so far is rumours and that some unknown company announced it's graphics hardware is being used.
Um, yeah. And have you seen the demo of Resident Evil: Revelations? Looks pretty damn good to me. And Kojima himself compared the 3DS to the PS3.
You all seem to be forgetting that the resolution of the 3DS is far below that of modern consoles that can do HD, so it doesn't need nearly as much power to pull off the same graphical quality since it's doing it at a much lower resolution.
Cut the resolution in half, and the work you need to do is down to 1/4th.

Obviously the PS3 can handle far greater resolutions (and requires a higher fillrate to match), but that aside, I think the comparison was more about GPU capabilities like model detail, textures, shaders, etc.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it's based on DS architecture, which is pretty likely, then maybe.
We can already emulate Wii games, and I doubt the 3DS will be more powerful than that.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
GreenBanana said:
You're really jumping the gun here. They still can't even do DSi-enhanced games yet.

i think the reason they can't do dsi enhanced games is because it would require hacking the dsi which would take alot of time and money, there are only a few good dsi exclusive games right now so there isn't as much demand. When the 3ds comes out there will be

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think there'll probably be one, just not a good one. No 3D effects, and barely playable to use, like the PC Gamecube and Wii emulators. I don't think the same people that hack the system for flashcards and homebrew also make PC emulators.

Chamkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay guys let's be a little realistic here. I've seen emulators for virtually every single console that ever came out. I've even seen roms for virtually every game ever made.

You know the saying "If you build it they will come..."

Well this is one of those situations. No matter who builds it someone always breaks it down, looks at the coding in the chips and goes hmmm... let me see if I can do this. Albeit the emulators are getting suckier and suckier all the time.

I remember the vba from back when I had my gba. I used to have like a hundred games for it. Bought every single one of them but here in good old South Africa there is no such thing as a gameshark or action replay (guess what I used the emulator for...). Then I bought my ds-lite around three months after it came out in South Africa. I then found DSEMUME which sucked to the point of oblivion. I never used the thing again. I then found no$gba... My dream had come true, finally a way to cheat on ds.

Now that the 3ds is coming out I think that people will try to emulate the system but this time I don't think we've got coders that can do the job, they're all hired by the companies that make the stuff... The 3ds has too many factors to take in and I think that the emulator is going to be really sucky at best. Even the coder for the no$gba could only decipher so much of the code that he was able to make a passable emulator.

With the 3ds the code will be too complex for even him to sort out. I just hope they do coz I love to cheat and here in S.A. there's no one around to play with so that's how I get my kicks...

Anyway, hoping to get my 3ds soon.
yaynds.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
RupeeClock said:
If it's based on DS architecture, which is pretty likely, then maybe.
It won't necessarily use DS architecture. What it will have to do is include enough of the original DS' components to be able to run original DS games without a hitch. The DS runs an ARM 9, and though the newer ARM 11s can run ARM 9 code, they run it too fast. If Nintendo wants to run picture perfect DS games, they'll include an ARM 9 of some sort, probably a more powerful one that can be underclocked when needed. Nintendo has a vast history of cleverly reusing different bits of their older handheld's hardware to do secondary tasks in the new games, and operate the games from the older system. Only time will tell. i'd actually really like to see what Nintendo does with the CPU.

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if they do make an emulator, not many computers would be able to use it.

They would need a pretty good cpu just to run it w/o it skipping frames or slowing down.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I really doubt the 3ds will have a decent emulator since no$gba doesn't even emulate perfectly(So buggy.I mean it's the emulator I've been using before my DSi) and it's the best ds emulator out there (for me though).Let's just focus first on hacking the system(that's not even out yet) cause how can you create an emu if the con is not hacked.
unsure.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
mangaTom said:
I really doubt the 3ds will have a decent emulator since no$gba doesn't even emulate perfectly(So buggy.I mean it's the emulator I've been using before my DSi) and it's the best ds emulator out there (for me though).Let's just focus first on hacking the system(that's not even out yet) cause how can you create an emu if the con is not hacked.
unsure.gif
Er, no. No$GBA hasn't been updated in over two years, while DeSmuME and iDeaS have continued.

http://desmume.org/
http://ideasemu.biz/

No$GBA hasn't been the best DS emulator in a while.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Rydian said:
mangaTom said:
unsure.gif
Er, no. No$GBA hasn't been updated in over two years, while DeSmuME and iDeaS have continued.

http://desmume.org/
http://ideasemu.biz/

No$GBA hasn't been the best DS emulator in a while.
Well haven't played an emulator for a long while though so sorry.ahahaha.Btw iDeaS was my first emyu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did