• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title says it all. Do you think hackers will spend their time making a emulator to run 3DS ROMs on your PC just like no$gba?

I think yes

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just slightly renamed this... so people coming in aren't expecting a fake thread about a 3DS emulator already being around.

More-or-less just for flame protection
wink.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If there are roms, there will be emulators.

The touch screen would work with mouse, 3D effect will be turned off (it's only visual, I think it's not needed to play the game, as you can switch it off on the 3DS) or can be rendered side by side like stereoscopic picture and wearing glasses with mirrors or prisms to redirect each eyes without eye-crossing.
But how will the emulator do with the tilt and gyro sensors ?
some buttons to click while playing maybe ?

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan said:
If there are roms, there will be emulators.

The touch screen would work with mouse, 3D effect will be turned off (it's only visual, I think it's not needed to play the game, as you can switch it off on the 3DS) or can be rendered side by side like stereoscopic picture and wearing glasses with mirrors or prisms to redirect each eyes without eye-crossing.
But how will the emulator do with the tilt and gyro sensors ?
some buttons to click while playing maybe ?

Perhaps Sixaxis or Wiimote/Wiimotionplus compatibility through bluetooth? You just wouldn't have a hand free for the stylus unless you only use half of the Sixaxis (which makes sense since you'd only need L1, the analog stick and D-Pad)

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and dont forget about DS3 (DS3 is a software that tricks PC games to use a ps3 controller as a 360 controller. Ive done it for GTA: EFLC and some other games)

B

ball2012003

why do people keep asking question about a system that isn't even out yet
wait till it comes out and until someone dumps a game

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Twilight Loz said:
ball2012003 said:
why do people keep asking question about a system that isn't even out yet

then whats the point of making a 3DS forum?!?!
He just meant that your question is worthless and that the answer is obvious. When/IF (and that's a big IF) the 3DS ever gets hacked, and if in some way the games can be dumped, someone might make an emulator for it. You can't make an emulator for something that doesn't even exist yet.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
I've never understood what's the point of emulating a handheld console on your desktop PC (maybe besides the ability to take screenshots). Especially a handheld with touchscreen input, special 3D screen and gyroscope.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
i dont think so. but if there will ever be one you'd need a computer with 3D capability. meaning more video card power. (Yes there are 3D games now)

If some games need a motion sensing feature, then you're out of luck.(if it's a requirement to play the game or even the touch screen)

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
LOL emulators after the GBA fail badly. It took around 4 years to even get a decent DS one running...

VisualBoyAdvance was THE emulator for GBA, now well....it's no$gba to some extent, but it doesn't play all games.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Doubt it. If the specs weren't so great ("far greater than the nintendo wii itself") than I'd definetely say its possible(because the 3D can be reduced to no 3D at all via the slider) but since the specs are supposedly similar to an xbox 360's, it's going to be very hard to emulate either way.

@HBK - I still definetely prefer VBA. I love how you can easily hold space to make it go fast. I simply hate no$gba for gba emulation, but it is definetly THE emulator for DS.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will always be emulators, simple as that. Everything will eventually get emulated.

If things continue going the way they have been going, it usually takes about 11 years for a newer systems to be emulated at full speed.

So in 2022, you will have your full speed 3DS emu.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
ok 1st of all there isnt even an DSi emulater yet, or a DSi flash cart.
there still trying to hack the DSi. the 3DS will be harder.
also a 3d monitor without classed is required, which dont exist yet.
& the sop screens 3D the bottoms just touch. how would that work on a pc?
games starting at 2GB? so if a flash cart was to ever come out, (which would be never) you could only fit maby 1 game on a 2GB sd or you may have to have a 4GB sd to fit 1 game on.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
alucard77 said:
There will always be emulators, simple as that. Everything will eventually get emulated.

If things continue going the way they have been going, it usually takes about 11 years for a newer systems to be emulated at full speed.

So in 2022, you will have your full speed 3DS emu.
there isnt a DSi emu yet so no 3DS emu
nyanya.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
t377y000 said:
ok 1st of all there isnt even an DSi emulater yet, or a DSi flash cart.
there still trying to hack the DSi. the 3DS will be harder.
games starting at 2GB? so if a flash cart was to ever come out, (which would be never) you could only fit maby 1 game on a 2GB sd or you may have to have a 4GB sd to fit 1 game on.
1.there are only 2 games for DSi
2.DSi flashcarts exist
mellow.gif

3.Probably lack of want to hack the DSi.And who knows,3DS might be hacked easily xD
4.SDHC/XC

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer is NO!. Why? simply cuz there isnt even a good DS emulator for PC done, what makes you think some one will make an emulator of a far more powerfull handheld? Besides, U cant have 3D on a non 3D screen
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...