Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
t377y000 said:
ok 1st of all there isnt even an DSi emulater yet, or a DSi flash cart.
there still trying to hack the DSi. the 3DS will be harder.
games starting at 2GB? so if a flash cart was to ever come out, (which would be never) you could only fit maby 1 game on a 2GB sd or you may have to have a 4GB sd to fit 1 game on.
1.there are only 2 games for DSi
2.DSi flashcarts exist
mellow.gif

3.Probably lack of want to hack the DSi.And who knows,3DS might be hacked easily xD
4.SDHC/XC

what DSi flash cart exist. & actually lets you run those DSi exclusives in DSimode?

acekard 2i worked on DSi but still in DS mode meaning it wasn't a full DSi flash cart. (same with R4i)
(just kinda like making a gamecube action replay work on wii in gamecube mode)

yea true about SDHC & SDXC but if a flash card supports 3DS at all & will the carts support SDHC & SDXC.
(current carts only support SDHC)
(SDHC up to 32 GB & SDXC up to 2TB currently)

2GB (game)
in a 32GB sdhc
only like 15 games(because the 16th one may not fit because of cards data)

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I knew what you mean,but be clear when you say "DSi flashcart".

As for the flashcarts(if there will be),they would probably add that.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
it depends on the rest of the hardware that will be in use. We already have a very good DS emu, and it didnt take that long to make one. IF the hardware is some crazy out of wack design then not for a long time. Lets wait and see what CPU its using.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
I knew what you mean,but be clear when you say "DSi flashcart".

As for the flashcarts(if there will be),they would probably add that.
currently all flashcarts are DS flashcarts, some just work on DSi but they dont put it in DSimode yet, so no use of camera, extra ram, extra cpu power, sd card., or the internal memory.

if thye do make a DSi flash cart itll probably eb in the middle of 3DS lifespan.

(1 guy did hack DSi tho & found an exploit, supposedly used DSimode but thats all, he disappeared after that.)

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
t377y000 said:
games starting at 2GB? so if a flash cart was to ever come out, (which would be never) you could only fit maby 1 game on a 2GB sd or you may have to have a 4GB sd to fit 1 game on.
1.there are only 2 games for DSi
2.DSi flashcarts exist
mellow.gif

3.Probably lack of want to hack the DSi.And who knows,3DS might be hacked easily xD
4.SDHC/XC
Sandisk has already started making micro sdxc cards and those should be here by the end of this year or early next year, so size/capacity wont be a problem. Its the pricing of these flashcarts and the sdxc cards that will be the problem.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
If there are roms, there will be emulators.

The touch screen would work with mouse, 3D effect will be turned off (it's only visual, I think it's not needed to play the game, as you can switch it off on the 3DS) or can be rendered side by side like stereoscopic picture and wearing glasses with mirrors or prisms to redirect each eyes without eye-crossing.
But how will the emulator do with the tilt and gyro sensors ?
some buttons to click while playing maybe ?
hahah, an emulator with a disclaimer: "This emulator may cause permanent damage to your eyes. Do not play cross-eyed for extended periods of time."
The 3D aspect really is the ultimate anti-piracy and anti-emulator tool.
tongue.gif
That alone will probably deter emulation since the authentic experience is so much more rewarding - similar to playing Wii games in Dolphin where you really can't get full enjoyment of motion controls.

But yeah - something tells me if there's a great lack of PSP emulators, the 3DS is going to be even harder to emulate - the fill rate alone is going to make games incredibly sluggish.QUOTE(t377y000 @ Jun 25 2010, 10:59 PM) games starting at 2GB? so if a flash cart was to ever come out, (which would be never) you could only fit maby 1 game on a 2GB sd or you may have to have a 4GB sd to fit 1 game on.
lol @ 3DS ROM trimming

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joybeba6679 said:
The answer is NO!. Why? simply cuz there isnt even a good DS emulator for PC done, what makes you think some one will make an emulator of a far more powerfull handheld? Besides, U cant have 3D on a non 3D screen
wink.gif
Desmume is awesome and emulates DS almost perfectly. As for 3DS, i doubt anyone will be able to make a fast emulator for it, but the 3D effect could be faked with 3D glasses or something like that.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
There probably be a 3DS emulator, but I doubt it will be good.
tongue.gif
That would be balls.

You would never be able to play in 3D mode (and Steel Driver would be virtually unplayable).

I'm assuming you meant a 3DS emulator for the PC.

Gryphon93

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure it will take quite some time before someone manages to make a 3DS emulator. The reason? Well, first of all you have to know how the hardware work and how the different components work together. You have to document the hardware and all the instructions it sends (like Martin Korth who wrote GBATek). After you've gathered all that information, you'll probably be able to begin in the emulator itself, but then you have to figure out how to emulate everything correctly. So, judging from all that, I guess it will take quite a while (just as I said earlier) before someone manages to make a 3DS emulator.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
t377y000 said:
also a 3d monitor without classed is required, which dont exist yet.
& the sop screens 3D the bottoms just touch. how would that work on a pc?

The games aren't all going to be 2GB Im sure once a trimmer is released the games trim down like on nds

The game size will also vary like on the psp, probably games as small as 32mb, most games will be about 500mb, the larger games later on in the lifecycle will be as large as 8gb like GTA games or final fantasy and don't forget about movies and tv shows released on the 3ds cart for those with slow Internet

On the topic of an emulator though, i can guarantee it will be attempted, the wii already has an emu thanks to its hardware similarities to the gamecube, the ps2 has a great emulator and although the xbox doesn't thats mostly because most games were also available on pc and are now playable on the Xbox 360 thanks to backwards compatibility, it does have an emu though which plays only halo i think. Also since the psp was released in late 2004/2005 it already has an emu although the compatibility and speed aren't great its there, its called JPCSP Download it here from there homepage

jpcsp.jpg

its only fully playable game seems to be Astonishia Story, cool thing is that it supports 3d and he is working on exclusive and most popular psp games.

If the psp has already gotten this far then the 3DS will surely get very quick support, i wonder if the hardware will be at all comparable to the ds since it supports nds backwards compatibility? Anyone know how the 3DS will run ds games, is it native hardware, extended support of the gpu or through emulation

D

Deleted User

an emulator would be crap. It really would. A 3d game on a 3d emulator. it wouldn't be the same.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
It probably will, eventually.

Chances are what will happen is that after a year or two (or longer, depending on how the system works), emulators will be able to function, minus the 3D effect. It will probably only run code that displays the image to one eye, so it won't look quite as amazing, but y'know.

Or, what will happen, is that if it takes more than a few years to work out the 3DS, people will wait until 3D computer monitors are more prevalent, and then make an emulator working with that.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running out of legitimate topics are we mate? I guess our enthusiasn towards the 3DS has left us with enough boredom to create topics such as this. Look at the original DS. Look at the scene created around it (PC emulators, flash carts, etc.) and why waste time asking, "If it's possible, will they create it?"

If 3DS emulation and compatible flash carts are possible, then obviously YES they will exist. People aren't stupid, since there's a HUGE demand for this technology, so what's the point in asking? These are the type of threads that will only continue to grow, and become more annoying since the question they ask, is only an obvious market that will soon develop. Quit jumping ahead, the 3DS isn't even out yet, and when it does release, only imagine that everyone and they're grandma will try to hack it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas