• Total voters

Darksage098

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Madrid said:
Of course they will the 3DS graphics is weak IMO. Hopefully they name it xbox3DS.
What? 3DS is about on par with the PSP, graphics wise, which, admittedly, is a touch outdated for 2011. But do keep in mind, it has to render each scene twice.

X-Box comment makes no sense though.
He probably trying to make a joke that the 3ds graphics are the same as the xbox 360 graphics. He's probably just a sony fan or just hates the 360.

On topic: I think it may be possible, given time. Most likely it would have no 3d effect like people are saying on here.

D

Deleted User

The 3DS has to be hacked first
wink.gif

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
Yep but it will be a major downer.
No 3D, not Portable, No CrossPass, No Wi-fi(easily anyway), All it would really be good for is taking footage.
Hmm, 3D might be possible but that would require more powerful technology unavaliable to humans at this time.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
gifi4 said:
FireGrey said:
No 3D, not Portable, No CrossPass, No Wi-fi(easily anyway), All it would really be good for is taking footage.
Hmm, 3D might be possible but that would require more powerful technology unavaliable to humans at this time.
There aren'y many people with 3D Computers though...

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
gifi4 said:
FireGrey said:

Available to martians!

NDSno1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Doubt it. The most special thing of 3DS is the 3D effect, and now without it, it won't be 3DS, just a stronger DS with gyro and motion sensor. And the hackers will focus on hacking it not an emulator.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even the ds emulation is awkward considering the touch screen, unless you had a graphics tablet, u were in some trouble with some of the games
now, you wouldn't be able to emulate the gyro and motion sensor[neither the camera if it'll get more support, now that it's not just a feature of an upgraded family member] and of course no 3d
for some games, it'd work out, but it just something that doesn't rly work emulated

ninjaapple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Twilight Loz said:
The title says it all. Do you think hackers will spend their time making a emulator to run 3DS ROMs on your PC just like no$gba?

I think yes

I agree with you because the 3DS has a 3D lock so you can't get 3D in games. BTW this is an optional setting.
There is also a 3D slider to set the level of 3D from none to full.
If this is so, that would mean the 3DS games are playable without 3D in them, therefore they would be able to show on a normal PC monitor.

Also remember I said it would be able to show on PC monitor, not able to play on PC.
Although it would most likely be able to play on PC.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
bigpaws said:
no chance
ds is slow on emu
3ds is beefier and thus must be near unplayable

idk what you're talking about, DS games play perfectly on emu's on my computer. The only inconvenience is using the mouse as a stylus, but not really. I think the 3DS can be emulated, but it's going to be awhile. The PSP JUST NOW, got a somewhat decent emulator, and it still doesn't run games well. But in the end it comes down to the motivation for an emulator, if the drive is there, it will be made, and it will run, probably at around 30 FPS, maybe a bit more, depends on the computer.
tongue.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3D- Can be done (nvidia 3D vision)
Touch Screen - Can be done (as evidenced by the DS emulators)

Accelerometer/Gyroscope are the problems. But for games that don't require them, it should be fine theoretically.

And of course, you'll need a lot of manpower and time to actually code this thing. I agree with above posts that hacking the 3DS is a much higher priority.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah a emulator will come but not to soon because at the hardware of the pc must become bether and 3d monitor must became cheaper

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3dsemulators said:
There will eventually be one just like there has for every other system. Also I think companies will release 3D monitors without glasses before we know it.
Yeah, but even if there are 3D monitors, more than likely the ability to use the 3DS' 3D would either not be integrated or not be used added near launch.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
once 3d moneteirs are out, why would people play 3ds games when they could play beefier versions on pc
there are few games worth playing on 3ds that arent on other systems
pokemon is one of them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Counting my blessings that my insurance hasn't caused me really any headache (yet, at least) despite the fact that I've been getting way more appointments and what not recently due
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, what do you mean, what are you trying to do?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just looking at a built in mouse pad keyboard combo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I loose the dongle constantly but they may have better connection with usb frequency
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Imo Bluetooth is always a option of last resort for me
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Except for phones because it tends to be pretty reliable there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a bad habit of taking out usb transmitter and loosing it because they can't you know print names on the damn things
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    But any desktop OS, I've never had anything but frustration trying to get Bluetooth devices to work reliably and stable. It might pair and connect once, and then next time I go to use it I have to delete and re-pair it again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    5.3 has been so good I think 6 is really going to make it stable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember how shit 3 was
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Ptouch labeler aren't terribly expensive, label shit yourself fam. This is the one I own and there are cheaper ones too https://www.amazon.com/Brother-P-Touch-PTH110BP-Portable-included/dp/B09QXYND6S
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Solves part of the problem, mixing up which dongle is which. Then you just have to not lose them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Double D would be proud
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Even my Xbox One controller I have it paired to my desktop over Bluetooth, it USUALLY works but sometimes it refuses to connect and I have to delete and re-pair it. Maddening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gigabytes built in mobo bt/wifi pairs pretty decent
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's what I'm using :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ran a driver update in device manager?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not recently but I think it's less a driver issue and more just Windows having a garbage Bluetooth stack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be I was having issues when I first upgraded it and didn't realiser gigabyte has specific driver revisions which is stupid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Which is married to the boards revision
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Made my first review
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of keyboards and mice. It just stays put.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    tldr usb > bluetooth imo
    +2
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    ive never had luck with built in bt transmitters. They're always in the back of the pc and signal is super crummy vs a usb bt dongle in the front of the pc,
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I use an antenna for the built into in WiFi and BT connection it works great
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I use an antenna for the built into in WiFi and BT connection it works great