Hacking Will Nintendo unbrick 3DS consoles for free ?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Don't the bricked 3DS's have a specific code on the blue boot screen that tells Nintendo the exact problem? If this is the case, then good luck getting it fixed.
They do, but I believe that error code only refers to the fact that the eMMC has been zero'd out, along with sysNAND. Still, it's hard to think of a legitimate use for the 3DS that might cause the same thing. I doubt something like that exists, so it would be a pretty big tip to Nintendo that you were using a flash cart.

Habbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could try saying that the 3DS somehow turned off while you where updating the system... Then you got BSOD.
Sounds believable

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You could try saying that the 3DS somehow turned off while you where updating the system... Then you got BSOD.
Sounds believable
It's not necessarily what you say but what the error code says. If you say that, they would probably let you ship it in. Then when it reaches their factory, they call you up and tell you that they'll have to either charge you for a new 3DS, or ship it back to you.

Reactions: tofast4u

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not necessarily what you say but what the error code says. If you say that, they would probably let you ship it in. Then when it reaches their factory, they call you up and tell you that they'll have to either charge you for a new 3DS, or ship it back to you.

Pour water in it and say you dropped it in the Tub.

Reactions: Huntereb

AgentChet

Trunks, The Man.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If NAND is bricked, unless they have a way of booting from SD or something (they didn't on the Wii) they can do nothing but replace the console (and use its pieces to refurbish other ones). Of course, you have to NOT mention flashcards, or ship the console with a flashcard or without formatting the SD card first (to remove the emunand partition and the launcher.dat). Sadly, I heard that they DO send back consoles on the latest firmware.

I will be verifying the theory/fact of wither Nintendo sends back all 3DS's with the latest firmware. You can read my topic and keep up to date with it here (http://gbatemp.net/threads/stuck-circle-pad-3ds-xl.360278/) I get the 3DS-XL Monday btw. :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Edited to avoid giving people ideas, the error was your own, it should be down to you to fix it, is it not enough to of got your free games? I don't think nintendo should pay for others mistakes

Reactions: Habbert

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Better off not using flashcarts from companies that pull sleazy underhanded crap and just start buying the games you want. If you claim you use it to "test" the game before you decide to buy it you can always use a service like gamefly to rent games or I'm sure you can find several videos on youtube that will help you make an informed decision. If you wanted it to play out of region games well I guess you either deal with the repercussions of using such a device or you go out and buy a system for said region and the games for it. Nintendo should not be responsible for you using a device to pirate games which resulted in you getting screwed by a shady company who's sole purpose is to make money from people so they can pirate games.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Better off not using flashcarts from companies that pull sleazy underhanded crap and just start buying the games you want. If you claim you use it to "test" the game before you decide to buy it you can always use a service like gamefly to rent games or I'm sure you can find several videos on youtube that will help you make an informed decision. If you wanted it to play out of region games well I guess you either deal with the repercussions of using such a device or you go out and buy a system for said region and the games for it. Nintendo should not be responsible for you using a device to pirate games which resulted in you getting screwed by a shady company who's sole purpose is to make money from people so they can pirate games.

But I'm poor and greedy, what better way is there to feed these characteristics than to pirate?

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For now, I just buy my 3DS games.
I bought 3 for Christmas.
I figure Nintendo needs the help after f--king up the Wii U.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
But I'm poor and greedy, what better way is there to feed these characteristics than to pirate?
I understand the idea behind pirating, I'm not saying I don't pirate things but Im saying if your stuff gets screwed up because of a device you were using for piracy then you should be the one held responsible, not nintendo. Ever since I got my 3ds I haven't even considered a flashcart for it and I buy all my games either when they're on sale or when I find a good deal on used games.

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw where gateway bricked their system a few times which tells me they have a way of unbricking it. maybe they have a way to get peoples bricked 3ds back up and running as long as they made a backup of their nand system.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I understand the idea behind pirating, I'm not saying I don't pirate things but Im saying if your stuff gets screwed up because of a device you were using for piracy then you should be the one held responsible, not nintendo. Ever since I got my 3ds I haven't even considered a flashcart for it and I buy all my games either when they're on sale or when I find a good deal on used games.

Well of course, I 100% agree.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I legitimately did water-damage my 3DS (as in, it was an accident, I wasn't doing it to try and get free stuff) - they charge $130 to replace the system. But they WILL replace it with another one - that is, if it's not blatantly obvious you were an idiot and bricked it with a flash card. Mine still powered on and everything, just the top screen was broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la