Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How do you get the config files out the roms you want to use?
you dont lol they are in the config folder lol they are ini files made by nintendo they arent inside any roms, those ini files are stuff to fix/change the emulator made by nintendo for the VC on wiiu.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
you dont lol they are in the config folder lol they are ini files made by nintendo they arent inside any roms, those ini files are stuff to fix/change the emulator made by nintendo for the VC on wiiu.
That's what I mean the config files that are in the WiiU VC titles on eshop at the moment don't make any difference to running injecting roms. Have you even tried yourself and got them working to see?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's what I mean the config files that are in the WiiU VC titles on eshop at the moment don't make any difference to running injecting roms. Have you even tried yourself and got them working to see?
well you should be able to i didnt runned them becuase i was testing other games but all of them should run perfectly fine with the given ini files, the only game i know that has patch stuff is sins and punishment and that patch stuff overwirdes some ini parts thats why i dont recomend getting sin and punishment to do VC inject.

we would need someone with mony to gra the latest VC n64 title released on their regiona nd dump it to see if nintendo has included any more inis since your from uk im guessing it would be sin and punishment.

all the inis we have are from the first 2 VC titles DK and mario and so far we havent found anyone with an later game to see if nintendo made more inis and ncluded them.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Please could anyone that has Super Mario 64, Zelda, or any other VC N64 title of eshop cpuld you please grab it via cafiine and pm me the folder so I could test. I will swap Paper Mario in good gesture :)

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: the_randomizer

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
finaly got gecko to work, so here is the issue, i wasnt using wiiu wireless to have internet but usb ethernet adaptor so i guess tcpgecko didnt work for the adaptor

here are all the ini files found on sins and punishment pal release, some inis were removed others were changed and some were finished/added.

Attachments

• ini sins files.rar
    34.2 KB · Views: 2,240

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh nice! Pedro's ini folder has 11 .ini in more!

I'll dump my FSA of Mario golf (latest US release) and see if it gets more! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No comment!
Yoshi's Story official release confirmed!
Code:
;Yoshi US
[RomOption]
;BackupType 0 Auto 1 SRAM 2 Flash 3 EEPROM
BackupType = 3
;BackupSize  2048 16K 4K 512
BackupSize = 2048
RetraceByVsync = 0
PDFURL = "http://m1.nintendo.net/docvc/NUS/USA/NYSE/NYSE_E.pdf"
UseTimer = 1

[Sound]
BufFull = 0x2000
BufHalf = 0x1400
BufHave = 0x1400

[Render]
bForce720P = 1

Reactions: the_randomizer

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh nice! Pedro's ini folder has 11 .ini in more!

I'll dump my FSA of Mario golf (latest US release) and see if it gets more! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No comment!
Yoshi's Story official release confirmed!
Code:
;Yoshi US
[RomOption]
;BackupType 0 Auto 1 SRAM 2 Flash 3 EEPROM
BackupType = 3
;BackupSize  2048 16K 4K 512
BackupSize = 2048
RetraceByVsync = 0
PDFURL = "http://m1.nintendo.net/docvc/NUS/USA/NYSE/NYSE_E.pdf"
UseTimer = 1

[Sound]
BufFull = 0x2000
BufHalf = 0x1400
BufHave = 0x1400

[Render]
bForce720P = 1
What games have you got working so far and how?. I can only seem to get Banjo Kazooie working so far at the moment I must be doing something wrong my end. I have tried Banjo Tooie, DK64, Zelda etc.. none have worked, Pedro mentioned changing the .ini files but I tried the files from wiiu title vc DK64 config folder I put it in next to the rom folder but still made no difference, DK64 tries to load, you get the red Nintendo sign come up but it just exits in the cafiine server. What can I do to get more working on Paper Mario VC as a template?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What games have you got working so far and how?. I can only seem to get Banjo Kazooie working so far at the moment I must be doing something wrong my end. I have tried Banjo Tooie, DK64, Zelda etc.. none have worked, Pedro mentioned changing the .ini files but I tried the files from wiiu title vc DK64 config folder I put it in next to the rom folder but still made no difference, DK64 tries to load, you get the red Nintendo sign come up but it just exits in the cafiine server. What can I do to get more working on Paper Mario VC as a template?
Same as I do.

Edit the .ini file named like your rom.

That's how I got some syuff working over donkey kong :)

I'll see if I could get something working over mario golf.

It has the same .ini files as Sin and Punishment from pedro :)

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Same as I do.

Edit the .ini file named like your rom.

That's how I got some syuff working over donkey kong :)

I'll see if I could get something working over mario golf.

It has the same .ini files as Sin and Punishment from pedro :)
Sorry so what do you do exactly PM me vin

Edit: So for example I have Paper Mario as my base plate on the wiiu and I want to run example rom of the net Banjo Tooie. I change the rom name to the Paper Mario rom name and then do I have to change the ini files but surely they are all correct to begin with already named after Paper Mario so I don't have to rename or change anything which is why I do not understand that bit? it could do with a guide on the OP or something explained a bit more thorough!. Also how do I get the ini files for a rom of the net I want to use?

Last edited by Reecey,

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
ok so @Reecey I just replaced the mario golf rom with dk64 just fine :)

The game works perfectly ;)

here is what to edit/replace:

First, just locate these folders in the FSA dumped files (In my end, it's Mario Golf)
edit 1.PNG

Then, locate the rom file. Just replace it with any .z64 game you want to test:
edit 2.PNG

then, here is what is tricky. Just retrieve the matching .ini file with your rom filename in it. In my end, again, using Mario Golf:
edit 3.PNG

Edit that file, in many ways:

- Remove all the text in and save it as a blank file, which works most of the times for many games
- Copy and paste the content of one of the other .ini files, many are commented and tell what games is it. (some don't though, but the filename is the gameid actually, a quick google search might help you).
- Or do like I do, edit it blindly until something works :) base yourself on existing .ini for that :)

I hope it's clear to everyone now :P

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

First, just locate these folders in the FSA dumped files (In my end, it's Mario Golf)
View attachment 26464

View attachment 26465

then, here is what is tricky. Just retrieve the matching .ini file with your rom filename in it. In my end, again, using Mario Golf:
View attachment 26467

- Remove all the text in and save it as a blank file, which works most of the times for many games
- Copy and paste the content of one of the other .ini files, many are commented and tell what games is it. (some don't though, but the filename is the gameid actually, a quick google search might help you).
- Or do like I do, edit it blindly until something works :) base yourself on existing .ini for that :)

I like that but again how does a rom of the net work cause as you know there not named like that with the original titles there names say like Donkeykong64.z64 or something, not like above so how does that work out. Thanks for the guide will help me :) do you put the rom and the ini file just into the rom folder or in different folders?

Last edited by Reecey,

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What that means? could the games forced to render at 720p? I doubt it since nobody said the VC games has a visual improvement, but it caught my attention.
pretty much.

I also noticed that some new settings strings were added on latest ini files :)

I hope everyone tries their own stuff too :)

I feel a bit alone in all of this.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

View attachment 26464

View attachment 26465

View attachment 26467

do you put the rom and the selected ini file just into the rom folder or in different folders?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I like that but again how does a rom of the net work cause as you know there not named like that with the original titles there names say like Donkeykong64.z64 or something, not like above so how does that work out. Thanks for the guide will help me :) do you put the rom and the ini file just into the rom folder or in different folders?
Be sure to find clean roms, most are named with a [!] on the filename :)
as long it's a .z64 file it's fine :)

Reactions: Reecey

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
do you put the rom and the selected ini file just into the rom folder or in different folders?
you replace existing files in their respective folders, and replace using cafiine :)

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
pretty much.

I also noticed that some new settings strings were added on latest ini files :)

I hope everyone tries their own stuff too :)

I feel a bit alone in all of this.
Wow, that looks interesting :D , however, I don't have any N64 title :( , only a DS one that crashes every time I read it's FSA (New Super Mario Bros DS...) .

EDIT: If you find something interesting in the terms of resolution, like you forcing a game resolution let me know, I'm really interested in that :) ! . DS Games would look pretty good with a enhanced resolution...

Last edited by Goku Junior,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol