Hacking WiiU List of system updates on disc

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought Smash Bros and can't wait to pop it in after work. Bye bye 4.1.0 fw. :(

smash bros has 5.2.0 on it. Just make sure you wipe out all your internet settings BEFORE you throw the disc in (unless I'm too late in replying to this :P) and it will just default to the update on the disc. The current webkit exploit is broken on 5.2.0 but others are coming. Webkit is buggy as all heck and the code is open source <3. Kernel exploit should run just fine on 5.2.0 once there is another webkit exploit to trigger it :)

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smash bros has 5.2.0 on it. Just make sure you wipe out all your internet settings BEFORE you throw the disc in (unless I'm too late in replying to this :P) and it will just default to the update on the disc. The current webkit exploit is broken on 5.2.0 but others are coming. Webkit is buggy as all heck and the code is open source <3. Kernel exploit should run just fine on 5.2.0 once there is another webkit exploit to trigger it :)

Oh yeah, I've had this thing completely offline for the past few months lol. I popped the disc in and it updated to 5.2. Thanks for the heads-up though, as others might not know to do this. Looking forward to whatever exploit is to come in the future, thanks to you and everybody involved in helping progress the scene :)

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know what barcode mario kart 8 version A has. Or any other way to tell if its the correct version without just chancing it? Thought i would buy and play it as i havnt had chance b4

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what barcode mario kart 8 version A has. Or any other way to tell if its the correct version without just chancing it? Thought i would buy and play it as i havnt had chance b4
Originally mk8 had 4.1.0 on it, but if my memory serves me right some people have run into later versions on it (people who didnt buy it right around the release
Not to fear though. The kernel exploit is doable under 5.3.2 (latest firmware)a new webkit exploit just needs to be developed for it, which should folliw shortly after the release of the kernel exploit

Reactions: jammybudga777

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originally mk8 had 4.1.0 on it, but if my memory serves me right some people have run into later versions on it (people who didnt buy it right around the release
Not to fear though. The kernel exploit is doable under 5.3.2 (latest firmware)a new webkit exploit just needs to be developed for it, which should folliw shortly after the release of the kernel exploit

That doesn't answer the question.
IDK the exact details, I got the barcode thing from the OP.

djbubba2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That doesn't answer the question.

IDK the exact details, I got the barcode thing from the OP.

My product number on the back of the case is 82909B. All of my other games end in an A. Thus, this is a second printing and they put a higher firmware on the discs of this printing. :)
You will see on the back of the case
82909A
82909B BOTH numbers got diff updates on the disc

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
thank for the replys. ill see what i can find tomorrow in the shops. personally if i cant find version A then i would hold on playing it i no the kernel exploit is due at sometime maybe soon. but would be silly to update and have to wait even longer on the anticipated exploits

Makara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone know regarding the EU version of Mario Kart 8 ?

I've checked all my local shops and they're all like this one, no A/B anywhere on the back cover.

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have my console in 5.2 with smash bros is fine. However Mario party 10 out the next month i guess he will have 5.3.2.

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
i just picked up a new copy of Mario Kart 8 with the A on the back BUT!!!! instead of the Nintendo Network logo in the top right it has the Amiibo logo

101514A - <---- is this safe at 4.1

Reactions: jammybudga777

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just picked up a new copy of Mario Kart 8 with the A on the back BUT!!!! instead of the Nintendo Network logo in the top right it has the Amiibo logo

101514A - <---- is this safe at 4.1

Shouldn't matter either way at this point, I'd say it's 4.1.0, but please update and report back.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
So, am i right in saying we are ok to update to 5.3.2 now, because Hykem has got the webkit exploit working on that and it will be released in due course.

So if I update to 5.3.2 I should be able to get all the homebrew stuff working once its released. Apparently 5.4 will be coming soon and contains possible security patches, so if you're going to update to 5.3.2 best to do it now, so no game disc is required.

Is that all correct?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, am i right in saying we are ok to update to 5.3.2 now, because Hykem has got the webkit exploit working on that and it will be released in due course.

So if I update to 5.3.2 I should be able to get all the homebrew stuff working once its released. Apparently 5.4 will be coming soon and contains possible security patches, so if you're going to update to 5.3.2 best to do it now, so no game disc is required.

Is that all correct?

Correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.