Hacking WiiU List of system updates on disc

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which system version are you on now? If you're on 5.3.2 or higher, you can just use homebrew to update to 5.5.1.

I'm not Sure because it's for a friend and he wants His set up like Mine but I did not set Up mine myself another member from here sent me a copy of there SD card files to put on my Wii then told me to access homebrew app via loadiine website

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not Sure because it's for a friend and he wants His set up like Mine but I did not set Up mine myself another member from here sent me a copy of there SD card files to put on my Wii then told me to access homebrew app via loadiine website
I don't know why you're setting up someone else's Wii U when you don't know what it is you're doing.
  • If the Wii U is on 5.3.2 or higher, it can easily be updated to 5.5.1 without a disc by using homebrew.
  • If the Wii U is on a system version lower than 5.3.2, then you will need a disc that updates it to 5.3.2 or higher.
  • The 5.5.2 browser exploit is unreliable, so unless you plan on buying a DS Virtual Console game and installing Haxchi, it is highly recommended that you not update to 5.5.2.
  • When you get ahold of this Wii U, the first thing you should do before connecting it to the internet is block updates.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: nokiae60bgd

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why you're setting up someone else's Wii U when you don't know what it is you're doing.
  • If the Wii U is on 5.3.2 or higher, it can easily be updated to 5.5.1 without a disc by using homebrew.
  • If the Wii U is on a system version lower than 5.3.2, then you will need a disc that updates it to 5.3.2 or higher.
  • The 5.5.2 browser exploit is unreliable, so unless you plan on buying a DS Virtual Console game and installing Haxchi, it is highly recommended that you not update to 5.5.2.
  • When you get ahold of this Wii U, the first thing you should do before connecting it to the internet is block updates.

my question was WITCH GAMES HAVE THE 5.5.1 UPDATE ON DISC. So I can go buy a Physical copy to get the Update.
I'm only Semi-knowledgeable with How my Wii is Set up to Help out a Friend need because He DOES NOT OWN A COMPUTER to do the work Himself.
I've already Formated a SD Card and Copied over all my Files from my Wii to put on His but His Wii needs the 5.5.1 Update and I'm not planning to update to 5.5.2

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my question was WITCH GAMES HAVE THE 5.5.1 UPDATE ON DISC. So I can go buy a Physical copy to get the Update.
I'm only Semi-knowledgeable with How my Wii is Set up to Help out a Friend need because He DOES NOT OWN A COMPUTER to do the work Himself.
I've already Formated a SD Card and Copied over all my Files from my Wii to put on His but His Wii needs the 5.5.1 Update and I'm not planning to update to 5.5.2
See this guide for how to update to 5.5.1 without a disc. It also includes a list of discs with the 5.5.1 update.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/updating-to-5-5-1-or-5-5-2-from-lower-versions.478867/

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo agreed to fix my Wii U free, I had haxchi and homebrew installed on it. Sssssssshhhhh. anyway, when it gets repaired which will probably get rid of everything, does anyone know if they update it when they fix it?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo agreed to fix my Wii U free, I had haxchi and homebrew installed on it. Sssssssshhhhh. anyway, when it gets repaired which will probably get rid of everything, does anyone know if they update it when they fix it?
They almost always update, so you should expect 5.5.2 when you get it back. Installing Haxchi on 5.5.2 is now no big deal, so it doesn't really matter.

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They almost always update, so you should expect 5.5.2 when you get it back. Installing Haxchi on 5.5.2 is now no big deal, so it doesn't really matter.
Awesome <3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ops can I have a link to 5.5.2 hack to bookmark?

nokiae60bgd

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
thx for this. this is crucial!
My (sad) side of story - my WII U is on lower FW then 5.3.2 (1.0.2) so obviously I need disk to offline update to 5.3.2 + .
As I can not easy find disk here (neither I know which game consist 5.3.2+), is there a solution to download ISO which I could burn on DVD and 'make' original disk (after which I can update on 5.3.2 +)?
if that is possible, some link would be more then great to have ..

Last edited by nokiae60bgd,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for this. this is crucial!
My (sad) side of story - my WII U is on lower FW then 5.3.2 (1.0.2) so obviously I need disk to offline update to 5.3.2 + .
As I can not easy find disk here (neither I know which game consist 5.3.2+), is there a solution to download ISO which I could burn on DVD and 'make' original disk (after which I can update on 5.3.2 +)?
if that is possible, some link would be more then great to have ..
Your Wii U cannot play burned discs. You are limited to the following two options:
  1. Update to 5.3.2-5.5.1 using a legitimate game disc.
  2. Update to 5.5.2 over the internet (not recommended unless you plan on buying a DS VC game and installing Haxchi)

nokiae60bgd

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
well, option 2 - out of question
so lets focus on option 1 . Does it have to be legitimate disk ONLY for WII U , or can pass for WII? where can I find list of applicable editions (for 5.3.2-5.5.1)

one digression on play burned disk... so you claim that if i dig somewhere ISO from original disk and burn it on DVD - it wont work (i.e. it wont pop-up with update fw suggestion?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, option 2 - out of question
so lets focus on option 1 . Does it have to be legitimate disk ONLY for WII U , or can pass for WII? where can I find list of applicable editions (for 5.3.2-5.5.1)

one digression on play burned disk... so you claim that if i dig somewhere ISO from original disk and burn it on DVD - it wont work (i.e. it wont pop-up with update fw suggestion?
First, why is Option 2 out of the question? It might be your cheapest option.

The game must be a specific Wii U game that contains the 5.3.2, 5.4.0, 5.5.0, or 5.5.1 update. You can find a list of 5.5.1 discs here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/updating-to-5-5-1-or-5-5-2-from-lower-versions.478867/
You can find other lists for other versions using Google.

Burned discs will not be read by the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1