WiiU clockspeeds found by marcan (Wii hacker)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Those clock speeds honestly make no sense unless "cool to the touch" is Nintendo's ultimate performance metric. I thought it would at least be 1458MHz, (2x Wii) and that the GPU would be 486MHz with memory at 729 or 972MHz, and the audio DSP would remain at 121.5MHz. What happened to Nintendo's even multipliers for reduced latency? If Marcan is right, at least we'd know why it doesn't get as hot as the Wii, or even the 3DS.

Nintendo has only shown to be using even multipliers in their handhelds. I have yet to see such comparisons with their consoles, but I think it has to do with handhelds being an all-in-one device, syncing with the refresh rate of the display.

P

pasc

I gotta say:

I find it ridiculous how fast the WiiU is cracked open and yet how long we now have the 3DS and it remains unhacked... I would love to use my 3DS as a Gamecontroller for my PC for example.

Or stream videos from my ftp server and stuff like that... meh.

Still... the WiiU seems too awesome... however since I got a Wii only last February and still haven't finsihed Metroid Prime Trilogy (stuck in MP2 for now..., work eats my time like crazy :/ )

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I gotta say:

I find it ridiculous how fast the WiiU is cracked open and yet how long we now have the 3DS and it remains unhacked... I would love to use my 3DS as a Gamecontroller for my PC for example.

Um, hacking into the Wii Mode of the Wii U is like hacking into the DS mode of the 3DS. I don't recall Marcan saying he got the clock frequencies through the Wii Mode, if I'm not mistaken.

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has only shown to be using even multipliers in their handhelds. I have yet to see such comparisons with their consoles, but I think it has to do with handhelds being an all-in-one device, syncing with the refresh rate of the display.
N64:
93.75MHz CPU
62.5MHz GPU
CPU is 1.5x GPU Clock

Gamecube:
81MHz Audio DSP @System BCLK
162MHz GPU 2x
324MHz RAM 4x
486MHz CPU 6x

Wii:
121.5MHz Audio DSP @System BCLK
243MHz GPU 2x