SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
OK, but I was referring to the full game. I tried loading it on the newest WiiSXRX, and it always crashes past the Namco logo FMV, not allowing me to play the game at all.
Are you using the official BIOS files of PS1 (SCPH1001.BIN) or in HLE?
HLE is very problematic and reserved only when games don't even boot with official BIOS.
Maybe a bad ISO?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
To be honest I was using BIOS. I'm not too sure, but I might have used an SCPH-101 BIOS. If I do, I could try the SCPH-1001 BIOS instead and see if RRR boots past the Namco logo FMV.
sometimes the bios settings gets unselected specially if you updated the dol, make sure its selected use bios sd or something and saved before starting a game.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi again! This is the ERROR I Get when launching a game with wiisxrx v3.0 - 20220912 and wiisxrx_2022_Ver20220903,
I do get inside the program, but when launching a game, I have this:
Error when lauching any rom with PSXRX.jpg

I'm still under Tiramisu (EUR wiiu 5.5.5), and it works with previous version of WIISXRX, I have same error with WIISXRX2022
I always try first without a forwarder, then with a forwarder, I've deleted the setting file in SD:\wiisxrx.
The Gradius.bin rom I use loads fine with previous version of wiiSXRX, when on this error image, only way to get out is cutting power supply.
UPDATE!!! I have found where the bug comes from for me: It comes from the "HLE" option, if I set the bios as parameter, it works!! So for me, the HLE option was working better for me on the previous version of Wiisxrx. Could you investigate the bug Niuus? Also, the Wiiu's Gamepad's paddle (only the cross works) is still not working on version v3.0 - 20220912
Also, something I find strange: you cannot go "out" of the App if you don't use a wiiu gamepad pushing home.

Last edited by mrmagicm,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi again! This is the ERROR I Get when launching a game with wiisxrx v3.0 - 20220912 and wiisxrx_2022_Ver20220903,
I do get inside the program, but when launching a game, I have this:
View attachment 331462
I'm still under Tiramisu (EUR wiiu 5.5.5), and it works with previous version of WIISXRX, I have same error with WIISXRX2022
I always try first without a forwarder, then with a forwarder, I've deleted the setting file in SD:\wiisxrx.
The Gradius.bin rom I use loads fine with previous version of wiiSXRX, when on this error image, only way to get out is cutting power supply.
UPDATE!!! I have found where the bug comes from: It comes from the "HLE" option, if I set the bios as parameter, it works!! So for me, the HLE option was working better for me on the previous version of Wiisxrx. Could you investigate the bug Niuus?
Not a bug, per se. First of all, you have to understand the terms. HLE is the open source implementation of the PSX BIOS. Even if it has been developed for more than a decade (more or less) there is a lot of work to be done for it to work perfectly and replicate the original Sony BIOS behavior, and make all games run with it. Hence why it works for many games, and it just doesn't with some others. While obvious, you need to set the BIOS parameter and point where it is, because it is NOT used automatically with the file just being in the folder, as the user needs to have the choice on what to use, that's why the buttons are there. HLE is, most of the time, the fastest, taking into account that "fast" is something that mostly matters on the weakest consoles when compared to the beefy Wii U CPU when overclocked, those being Gamecube and Wii.

Compatibility might have changed because updates to it will sometimes break other stuff. That's normal.

when on this error image, only way to get out is cutting power supply.
Wii U doesn't have a reset button. Nothing you can do.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest build of WiiStation on main branch until git 757780e
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/757780eae118aaf2a6d09297444c89cd0a5aecba

The only change is fixing the BIOS music issues i've reported in this issue https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/39

Please test this build, thanks :)
Post automatically merged:

To be honest I was using BIOS. I'm not too sure, but I might have used an SCPH-101 BIOS. If I do, I could try the SCPH-1001 BIOS instead and see if RRR boots past the Namco logo FMV.
I'm using Bios 7501 and freezes in namco logo

I can confirm this.
I'm using official SCPH1001.BIN file (BIOS) and the game Ridge Racer Revolution (USA) [SLUS-00214] crashes after Namco FMV logo.
Same when trying to play using HLE BIOS.

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_757780e_08102022.zip
    803.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by SaulFabre,

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi niuus , I understand the point, but you must admit it's weird, a game that was working with HLE in previous version is broken in next version, it's kinda illogical, no? Specially that the default parameter (HLE) is globally making more trouble than std bios. Also why no Paddle for the gamepad and no button on a std wiimote to exit?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi niuus , I understand the point, but you must admit it's weird, a game that was working with HLE in previous version is broken in next version, it's kinda illogical, no? Specially that the default parameter (HLE) is globally making more trouble than std bios. Also why no Paddle for the gamepad and no button on a std wiimote to exit?
what is the paddle? i dont understand what you mean or call a paddle lol.

Is paddle the analogue sticks?if so you can enable analogue mode on the input settings, or even make a new setting where you can make the standard version controller mimic the dpad input on the analogue stick but choose the directions manually.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi niuus , I understand the point, but you must admit it's weird, a game that was working with HLE in previous version is broken in next version, it's kinda illogical, no? Specially that the default parameter (HLE) is globally making more trouble than std bios.
It isn't. You seem to have no clue what you're talking about, and of course missed the point entirely. You only want to download isos and play, and that's it. Fine.

Also why no Paddle for the gamepad and no button on a std wiimote to exit?
Again, that "paddle" thing is a problem only you have. I've told you about it dozens of times every single time you asked me.

On the subject of the thread:
On a very brief test, BIOS sound is restored with the new commit. Working fine on Wiistation and on WiiSXRX.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Niuus: Again, that "paddle" thing is a problem only you have. I've told you about it dozens of times every single time you asked me.

Sorry for been a noob, I didn't understand your response the first time or other time (was unclear), now it is clear I have a pb on wiiU, thing is the pad works with other emulator taking it, so I supposed it was wiisxrx and no my wiiU/gamepad so I'll try on another wiiU as soon as I can. A possibility....Is there a file on the sd file that could be corrupted and explain this phenomena concerning Wiisxrx only?

pedro702
Is paddle the analogue sticks?if so you can enable analogue mode on the input settings, or even make a new setting where you can make the standard version controller mimic the dpad input on the analogue stick but choose the directions manually
Thanks for Info pedro! Yep Paddle is analog stick, I tried putting "analog" in settings, but the wiiu gamepad doesn't respond after that when resuming or starting with analog, It might be an issue on my sd card (or gamepad/wiiu maybe but illogical because it works with others emus like genesis), Also, can someone tell me where to find the WIISXRX_2022 Wad for vwii?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry for been a noob, I didn't understand your response the first time or other time (was unclear), now it is clear I have a pb on wiiU, thing is the pad works with other emulator taking it, so I supposed it was wiisxrx and no my wiiU/gamepad so I'll try on another wiiU as soon as I can. A possibility....Is there a file on the sd file that could be corrupted and explain this phenomena concerning Wiisxrx only?

pedro702

Thanks for Info pedro! Yep Paddle is analog stick, I tried putting "analog" in settings, but the wiiu gamepad doesn't respond after that when resuming or starting with analog, It might be an issue on my sd card (or gamepad/wiiu maybe but illogical because it works with others emus like genesis), Also, can someone tell me where to find the WIISXRX_2022 Wad for vwii?

some games dont accept anlogue inputs, what game are you trying to play?

Also there is no file for controllers on wiisxrx, wiisxrx is an emulator its not nintendont so you only use the dol and that is it, trying another wiiu wont do anything.

if you are using a wiiu why the hell you want the wad? wad is for vwii and if you already are using a forwarder to get the wiiugamepad to work then the wad on vwii side makes no difference at all...

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
some games dont accept anlogue inputs, what game are you trying to play?
Gradius Gaiden....Does it work for you the analog stick in this game?
Concerning a file that would affect the gamepad, I was speaking of a file "in" the environnements, that would be corrupted and that would possibly affect the gamepad.
if you are using a wiiu why the hell you want the wad?
Well, think a bit, you would have found..... I want to use Wiisxrx2022, I have a forwarder wiisxrx2022 that I found on the forum, so now, I need the wad that goes with it.....Of course!! I have the forwarder for Wiisxrx (already like wiisxrx2022) but not the wiisxrx2022 WAD for making wiisxrx work with it's fowarder? A wad that launches sd:\apps\WIISXRX2022\boot.dl !!
Each forwarders channel for wiiU that make the gamepad work is in association with a wad that it launches, no?
NIUUS by the way, is there possibility to make WIISXRX launch *.CHD with others formats (bin/cue/iso) just like retroach?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Some news:

Do you remember that build from branch mainCounter that adjusted some system timing for make it compatible with more games?

I've cloned mainCounter branch yesterday and i have added the BIOS music fix, and i've compiled it.
About the game Ridge Racer Revolution (RRR) (USA) [SLUS-00214], it works and plays fine (even when it's somewhat slow) in that branch. (I will leave a compiled build of mainCounter branch with the BIOS music fix here in attachments).

https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/tree/mainCounter-BIOSmusic

rrrwsx.PNG

I'm using Bios 7501 and freezes in namco logo

Please test this mainCounter build with RRR game again, thanks :)

Attachments

• WiiStation_mainCounter-BIOSmusic_git_ebf8508_11102022.zip
    900.2 KB · Views: 19

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Gradius Gaiden....Does it work for you the analog stick in this game?
Concerning a file that would affect the gamepad, I was speaking of a file "in" the environnements, that would be corrupted and that would possibly affect the gamepad.

Well, think a bit, you would have found..... I want to use Wiisxrx2022, I have a forwarder wiisxrx2022 that I found on the forum, so now, I need the wad that goes with it.....Of course!! I have the forwarder for Wiisxrx (already like wiisxrx2022) but not the wiisxrx2022 WAD for making wiisxrx work with it's fowarder? A wad that launches sd:\apps\WIISXRX2022\boot.dl !!
Each forwarders channel for wiiU that make the gamepad work is in association with a wad that it launches, no?
NIUUS by the way, is there possibility to make WIISXRX launch *.CHD with others formats (bin/cue/iso) just like retroach?
you dont need a wad for a forwarder vwii inject, you can just use the forwarder there is some wiiu forwarders around.

vwii injects dont need forwarder+wad only forwarder, only specific cases need forwarder+wad like you want to go from wiiu menu to homebrew channel on the wii or playing a wiiware or wii vc title, regular apps like wiisxrx, not64,nintendont,wii64 and so on so on dont need the wad just the forwarder on wiiu mode to work i know i have them all working without wads...

220029-gradius-gaiden-playstation-back-cover.jpg

As you can see the bottom back cover for the game has no analogue compatibility, only if a game has analogue compatibility you see this symbol
SLES-01734-B-ALL.jpg

see the controller saying analogue compatible? gradios is only compatible with memory card , no rumble or analogue.

You can however like i told you go to setting and configure the inputs

On the dpad you choose up arrow dpad LS-up which is left stick up
on the dpad left you choose ls-left and so on that way dpad inputs will go to the analogue stick and not work on the dpad anymore, this is the only way to get a"emulated" analogue on games that dont support it natively.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you dont need a wad for a forwarder vwii inject, you can just use the forwarder there is some wiiu forwarders around
I simply don't understand, the only forwarder for WiiSXRX2022 is adamcatalyst's, and it doesn't work for me, but his WiiSXRX works for me, if I have a wad, so it must be the same for wiisxrx2022. If you have a fowarder for wiisxrx2022, i'll gladly try it ;)
I've tried the configuring of the analog stick with Dpad with the setting with gradius game (even rebooted),ok, so metal gear sold IS analog compatible and NOT Gradius, WTF for an arcade game like gradius.....Nobody told me Gradius or some game weren't compatible with the analog stick/padle, I Thoutght all games were! This info should be on first page, it would be nice. Only a psx expert knows that.
Also, as it was working with the snes version of gradius, I thought it was normal it should be working on paddle. Can you confirm me adamcatalyst's WiiSXRX2022 forwarder loads the dol on you wiiu please?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I simply don't understand, the only forwarder for WiiSXRX2022 is adamcatalyst's, and it doesn't work for me, but his WiiSXRX works for me, if I have a wad, so it must be the same for wiisxrx2022. If you have a fowarder for wiisxrx2022, i'll gladly try it ;)
I've tried the configuring of the analog stick with Dpad with the setting with gradius game (even rebooted), it didn't work, can you give me a game that works for you? (so I can try)
you seem to know nothing about wii or wiiu homebrew in general...

first get this forwarder https://www.mediafire.com/file/9qjf0c7b9c4y6yi/wiisxr_vwii_overclock_and_gamepad.rar/file

then go to you sd card and rename your sd:apps/wiisxrx folder to wiisxr since this forwarder boots that path so you will get something like this on sd card sd:apps/wiisxr/boot.dol and other files inside there

install the forwarder with wup installer and done

all you need is too boot the forwarder nothing more.

on the controller thing you need to change the buttons and save the configuration to a slot ex slot1 and then when exiting the controller mapping make sure the top of the settings says slot1 and it load, also dont change the input to analogue since that game doesnt work with analogue, leavue it at standard.

Every game works with analogue controlls for me either native or emulated on my wiiu gamepad, you are not doing the saving combo and slot load correctly in the settings.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Some news:

Do you remember that build from branch mainCounter that adjusted some system timing for make it compatible with more games?

I've cloned mainCounter branch yesterday and i have added the BIOS music fix, and i've compiled it.
About the game Ridge Racer Revolution (RRR) (USA) [SLUS-00214], it works and plays fine (even when it's somewhat slow) in that branch. (I will leave a compiled build of mainCounter branch with the BIOS music fix here in attachments).

https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/tree/mainCounter-BIOSmusic

View attachment 331607

Please test this mainCounter build with RRR game again, thanks :)
Destruction Derby 2 works on maincounter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...