PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want to try, here is a experimental build with a "Force NTSC" option. It allows you to run PAL games at 60hz without any patches.

It seems to work alright.
I tested it with Magical Tetris Challenge (PAL, as the game was never released in US), and it works perfectly. đź‘Ť
The PAL version was poorly converted to 50Hz (from the JAP), making the game 17% slower.

Some games will run faster than intended.
I suppose it will for "native" 50Hz games (i.e. european games developped in 50Hz). Colin Mc Rae 2 is notorious for this, as the NTSC version is a crappy 60Hz conversion from the PAL version. Yeah, for once, the NTSC version is an inferior here. ^^

• Love
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Could you guys help me to test this WiiStation build where i merged some latest code from latest PCSX-ReARMed, specially CDRISO, CDROM, DFSound, SPU and latest Lightrec.

This should fix some things as i've based on latest PCSX-ReARMed:
  • Blue's Clues: Blue's Big Musical (needs proper emulation of SPU mute)
  • Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (previous versions didn't start)
  • FIFA 99 (some issues that needs proper SPU emulation)
  • Dino Crisis (it had glitchy/stuttering speeches)
  • possibly other games...
What i changed here, can be found here: https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commits/dfsound-latest-partial-merge

Thanks!

PS: Before testing, PLEASE delete your old settingsRX2022.cfg file, as this could cause some issues.

Attachments

• WiiStation_DFS-CDR-PCSXReARM_updates_TEST_04112023.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Very, very good build, hope you'll soon merge it all into next official version.

Many games works better than before:
- Oddworld - Abe's Oddysee - finally without glitches!
- Darkstalkers 3 - garbage on the right side of screen fixed
- Vib-Ribbon - works fine on Lightrec again
... and many in-game elements (menus, information boxes etc.) visible on GTA 2, Rollcage (in-game menu - important thing), KISS Pinball (making it fully playable)

Bad things I've noticed:
- RC do Go! still not working on Lightrec (works fine on Dynarec)
- Pro Pinball - Timeshock! playing very fast

Good job!

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
- Pro Pinball - Timeshock! playing very fast
does this even occur in previous versions as well?
Post automatically merged:

- RC do Go! still not working on Lightrec (works fine on Dynarec)
@rexus_pl

Is your ISO/ROM/BIN/CUE corrupted? For me RC de Go! (USA) boots and plays fine in Lightrec.

1699130695329.png

1699130858362.png

Last edited by SaulFabre,
  • Love
Reactions: GustavoReis

Hyllian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could you guys help me to test this WiiStation build where i merged some latest code from latest PCSX-ReARMed, specially CDRISO, CDROM, DFSound, SPU and latest Lightrec.

This should fix some things as i've based on latest PCSX-ReARMed:
  • Blue's Clues: Blue's Big Musical (needs proper emulation of SPU mute)
  • Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (previous versions didn't start)
  • FIFA 99 (some issues that needs proper SPU emulation)
  • Dino Crisis (it had glitchy/stuttering speeches)
  • possibly other games...
What i changed here, can be found here: https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commits/dfsound-latest-partial-merge

Thanks!

PS: Before testing, PLEASE delete your old settingsRX2022.cfg file, as this could cause some issues.
Tested Dino Crisis and the stuttering is gone. Thanks. But, for some reason I couldn't make it work in 240p. I deleted the cfg and configured again for 240p, but it keeps running any game in interlaced mode even with ONLY 240p ON and Interlaced OFF.

• Love

alberto1409

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This build fix Nuklear Strike graphical glitches ,better fps in Elemental Gearbolt ,fix Crash Bash ingame manu -this time apear with start button. Duke Nukem Time to Kill have stable fps ,all game sounds works good ,but in stage gameplay if you press home button Wii freeze. Before testing old RX2022.cfg file was deleted.

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
does this even occur in previous versions as well?
Yes.

Is your ISO/ROM/BIN/CUE corrupted? For me RC de Go! (USA) boots and plays fine in Lightrec.
CHD is not corrupted - this is PAL verison. I've checked NTSC version and it works fine (CHD without LZMA).

Another tests for KISS pinball and it freezes controler (like Vib-Ribbon did) when you come back from game to main menu. Same as Vib-Ribbon - only on Lightrec, on Dynarec works fine.

• Love

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Tested Dino Crisis and the stuttering is gone. Thanks. But, for some reason I couldn't make it work in 240p. I deleted the cfg and configured again for 240p, but it keeps running any game in interlaced mode even with ONLY 240p ON and Interlaced OFF.
The improvements by @Jokippo (including 240p, interlaced mode, lightgun/mouse support, etc.) were made on the old version of P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU, but now we're using the latest "upstream" P.E.Op.S. Software rendering GPU, which doesn't have the improvements added.

Better ask @Jokippo if he/she can add his/her changes to the new soft graphics plugin.

Yes.

CHD is not corrupted - this is PAL verison. I've checked NTSC version and it works fine (CHD without LZMA).

Another tests for KISS pinball and it freezes controler (like Vib-Ribbon did) when you come back from game to main menu. Same as Vib-Ribbon - only on Lightrec, on Dynarec works fine.
CHD sometimes can even crash the system, so you'll better try using BIN/CUE instead of CHD for tests.
About the speed issue, you'll better ask @xjsxjs197 in GitHub for see if he/she can fix it.

This build fix Nuklear Strike graphical glitches ,better fps in Elemental Gearbolt ,fix Crash Bash ingame manu -this time apear with start button. Duke Nukem Time to Kill have stable fps ,all game sounds works good ,but in stage gameplay if you press home button Wii freeze. Before testing old RX2022.cfg file was deleted.
Try reporting it in GitHub http://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/

Reactions: Kirby6417

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
It's amazing how these updates are getting better and better, Tekken 3 runs at almost 60 fps, most games are running at 60 fps, it's very smooth.
I don't know if the savestate broke, I just tried to save driver 2 and it gave a code dump

Edit: playing winning eleven 2002, after scoring the goal a code dump occurred

Last edited by GustavoReis,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Would you agree that current version of WiiStation is better than WiiSXRX 4.0?
Yup, i agree.

I don't know if the savestate broke, I just tried to save driver 2 and it gave a code dump
does it happens when you try to save a new state?
So i think the implemetation for latest savestates code isn't finished... but we'll see.

Could you try on latest WiiSX for see if this exact same issue occurs here?
http://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/actions

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
First thing to try: Dynarec instead of Lightrec.

Lightrec is great and many games works fine at full speed with it, but it is still unstable. If your game can reach full speed with Dynarec, then use it, if not - wait for Lightrec update.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
First thing to try: Dynarec instead of Lightrec.

Lightrec is great and many games works fine at full speed with it, but it is still unstable. If your game can reach full speed with Dynarec, then use it, if not - wait for Lightrec update.
Or use Frameskip if Dynarec can't reach full speed.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@GustavoReis

a question related to savestates:

Does your Wii crash when trying to save a new savestate? For me making new savestates works for me.

But if your case is trying to load an OLD savestate, then i think with the new updates, it wouldn't work.
By the way, i think with the new updates, old savestates are no longer accessible on newer versions/updates.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
@GustavoReis

a question related to savestates:

Does your Wii crash when trying to save a new savestate? For me making new savestates works for me.

But if your case is trying to load an OLD savestate, then i think with the new updates, it wouldn't work.
By the way, i think with the new updates, old savestates are no longer accessible on newer versions/updates.
in fact I only tried with driver 2, what I did was the following, I loaded disc 1 and then I loaded the save settings which shows the game finished, it loaded normally and unlocked the cities and secrets to have invincibility and so on.. .
After that I went to do a savestate on the menu screen so I didn't have to do the whole process again and almost halfway through the savestate it gave a code dump.
I also noticed that the way to hold buttons to speed up load times is no longer working

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are others still having issues with the following (i havent asked in a while):

diehard trilogy - diehard 3 has slowdown during bomb explosions (WiiSXRX-40-Preview it runs fine)
return fire - music doesnt work ingame
time crisis: project titan - music runs really slow
jumping flash - fmvs are glitchy at the bottom of the screen, otherwise perfect (wiisx 3.0 and WiiSXRX-40-Preview do not have this issue)
jumping flash 2 - lots of missing polygons

thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu