Homebrew Wiiscrubber 1.40 kit with multiboot

alpha0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
To Dack:
Besides of compiling with the newest softchip, could you release a special version of multiboot.dol for ISO template which hide all the titles from "partition table 0"? This should be great!

Thanks for your effort in bringing us multiboot!

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Already done the partition 0 skip -
Try this:
http://rapidshare.com/files/213521068/Multiload4Disc2.rar

It actually works this time too
smile.gif

I'm currently setting up a website to store all the source and exe's on www.wiiscrubber.info - as soon as I get the hosting finalised I'll upload there.

That url was used because:
1. It was cheap
2. Someone had already registered wiiscrubber.com
3. I can't remember the password for the drop.io address (as someone else set it up and then gave me the details)

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dack said:
Try this:

smile.gif

I'm currently setting up a website to store all the source and exe's on www.wiiscrubber.info - as soon as I get the hosting finalised I'll upload there.

That url was used because:
1. It was cheap
2. Someone had already registered wiiscrubber.com
3. I can't remember the password for the drop.io address (as someone else set it up and then gave me the details)

hi Dack ,

how do i implement the 2 dols in the rar files?

thanx in advance

GameShark

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The two files are basically the same, one uses IOS36 as the dafault and the other uses IOS249.

If you get a template ISO, there is a thread already on here about those, and replace the main.dol file in the template with the one you want to use from the RAR.

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Has anyone had the problem with six flags fun park? I had US version in US 3.3v1 console. After launching the game I got the green screen. I was wondering that was result from loader or wiiscrubber? Thanks.

jobobalo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I've been struggling to make a 7-pack of all of Nintendo's casual titles (that I own) all on one disk that boots from the regular old disk channel (CIOSCORP/SoftMii). I know that they all (Wii Fit, Sports, Play, Music, Chess, Endless Ocean, Big Brain Academy) are small enough in data size to fit on one disk.
Anyway, these are what I'm using...

Trucha 1.21
Wiiscrubber 1.4
Legal Multiboot Image- http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142597

This is what I've done so far.

1) Used Scrubber to shrink, then extract a bunch of crypted game partitions.
2) Used Scrubber to put these partitions on my legal bultiboot image (all in partition 1, because I was told it didn't matter as long as you didn't use 0, where the multiboot code lives.)
3) Tried Shrinking with Trucha. It just gave me some files to replace, but no image.
4) Shrunk with 0xFF.
5) Figuring this image needed trucha signing, I then clicked "Shrink with Trucha" again, and got the extra files (FakeFst, etc.).
6) Opened image with trucha (I only got common key, none of the others).
7) Attempted to replace stuff as instructed by Scrubber. Failed. Got "Replaced file must be equal or smaller than the original" "Cannot replace the file (Code 4)".
8) Cried to gbatemp's noob section.
9) Was told to cry here instead, begs for help...

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
jobobalo said:
Ok, so I've been struggling to make a 7-pack of all of Nintendo's casual titles (that I own) all on one disk that boots from the regular old disk channel (CIOSCORP/SoftMii). I know that they all (Wii Fit, Sports, Play, Music, Chess, Endless Ocean, Big Brain Academy) are small enough in data size to fit on one disk.
Anyway, these are what I'm using...

Trucha 1.21
Wiiscrubber 1.4
Legal Multiboot Image- http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142597

This is what I've done so far.

1) Used Scrubber to shrink, then extract a bunch of crypted game partitions.
2) Used Scrubber to put these partitions on my legal bultiboot image (all in partition 1, because I was told it didn't matter as long as you didn't use 0, where the multiboot code lives.)
3. Burn the iso, then play.

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
jobobalo said:
In order to get an ISO, I have to click "shrink".
I can't understand what do you mean here or which step you did. What I do from the begining are
1. Open the isos, shrink data partition then extract as images(img.)
2. Open the base iso, import all imgs which I want in the same disc.
3. Close wiiscrubber, burn the iso then enjoy.

Hope this help.

alpha0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dack said:
Try this:

smile.gif
Dack, thank you very much!

Here's my suggestion after testing this version:
----
I think the way for iso template is different from channel or homebrew application. The version of multiboot would change from disc to disc. Therefore, the config filename should be made independent from version to version in order to prevent the lost of setting while running different versions of multiboot from different discs. e.g. use dvd0005.cfg instead of default.cfg

I think it's better to have "Set Video Mode Using: Disc Region" as the default option. As a result, people could make use of the region of iso template to control the video mode they want. Also, I don't know why "Remove 002 Protection" was disabled by default while no side effect was found.
----

I hope this suggestion would be helpful. Thanks!
smile.gif

seoulsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm a newcomer to the Wii hacking scene.
I have a Korean Wii with 3.3K and Flatmod. I updated the Wii with Kung Fu Panda (US) (for ios21 I think?) and then used the twilight hack on the SD card to install the Homebrew Channel.

I wanted to try out Dacko's Wiiscrubber to create a multiboot DVD. I followed the instructions and created a DVD with the following games -
Partition:0 - Data (0) Wii Sports (US)
Partition:1 - Data (0) Wii Play (US)
Partition:2 - Data (0) Wii Fit (US)
Partition:3 - Data (1) Winter Sports 2 (US)
Partition:4 - Data (2) Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (US)

If I understand correctly, the 3 game limitation exists only on partition table 0. So I believe I made the DVD correctly.
{{The total size of these 5 partitions comes round to 3.55GB and since the ISO file itself is around 4.5GB, so there is enough space to add one more game but strangely when I try to add a 6th game it says that there's not enough space. Any ideas why? Anyways, this is not my main focus... just curious.}}

However, when I insert the DVD my Wii displays an error message and asks me to eject the disc and restart. I can't even restart the Wii with the power button so I have to unplug it and start again. Same thing happens when I use the GeckoOS107b.

Again, when I load the disc through the multiboot app (included in the Wiiscrubber kit) in the Homebrew Channel, it shows a partition error saying the partition could not be opened.

So, is there anything additional I need to do or install for the DVD to load?

I read somewhere that the multiboot might require IOS 249 and/or IOS 40 to be installed. Is this true? I haven't really tried installing ios files or wads and only have a vague understanding of what they are. So I don't want to risk bricking my Wii by installing extra stuff that I don't need (for now).

I used the AnyTitleDeleter to check the IOS files installed on my Wii ~ 4/9/11/12/13/14/15/17/20/21/22/28/30/31/33/34/35/36/37/40/41/43/45/MIOS/BC/SYSMENU/

I have learnt how to extract IOS files from Wii game backups by following this guide ~ ( http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/728206 ). So I know at least how to extract and save IOS files.

But how do I install ios files onto my Wii?

Do I need to use Waninkoko's WAD Manager v1.3 ( http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko/wad-manager-v13 )? I'm not clear on how to exactly to proceed with this. Help please!

Oh, and is the IOS 249 mentioned above the same thing as Waninkoko's Custom IOS36 rev 08 ( http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...om-ios36-rev-08 )?

In short, the crux of my post is this -
1. Do I need to install anything to make the multiboot DVD created with Wiiscrubber run on my 3.3K Wii? If yes, what exactly do I need to do/install? For example, do I need to install IOS files and which ones exactly?
2. In general, How does one install ios files? A simple step by step explanation would be really appreciated.

Sorry, for the long post.

seoulsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OPIK said:
WiiScrubber is using the "TRUCHA signer" which is blocked by firmware 3.3, you have to run your multiboot games on a 3.2 system.
You must downgrade your wii first to 3.2 to be able to run "trucha" signed games.

Hope this will help.

OPIK, new update for AnyTitle deleter database.txt (626 games - 21 march 09)
Thanks, OPIK.

But you're saying I should downgrade my 3.3K to 3.2K? Is there even a 3.2K? The lowest firmware I know of is 3.3K. Any one can confirm this plz?

The other option could be to downgrade to 3.2U, but it's kinda tricky to do this on a Korean Wii. So, am really hesitant to try that.

Isn't there any other easier option, with minimum alteration to my Wii?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wouldn't change the region of the Wii, this only causes a lot of trouble. All you need to run trucha signed discs are the IOS from 3.2, so just install the 3.2 IOS with WAD Manager and you are fine. You may need to install IOS16 first and then with the custom WAD Manager ANY cIOS, before you are able to install the 3.2 IOS.

PurplePox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an ISO that is already compressed (Trauma Center: Second Opinion) and I try to unscrub it but it keeps asking me for a .dif file, what do I do?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PurplePox said:
I have an ISO that is already compressed (Trauma Center: Second Opinion) and I try to unscrub it but it keeps asking me for a .dif file, what do I do?

You can't unscrub a file without the diff file or the original file(which would be pointless). During scrubbing some (apparently not needed) information is LOST.

dkmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can anyone help me? I want to shrink my iso's in order to keep them stored on my hdd. I mean like a zip but small size iso and then extract and burn the full size in order to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :wtf: +1