Homebrew WiiMednafen - a port of Mednafen for the Wii

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those of you who have used Tantric's snes & nes GX emulators AND have used this one, tell me please, which do you prefer?

catuligbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Today appears new version of mednafen and seem work active on psx emulation

http://www.emucr.com/2012/02/mednafen-v0919-wip.html

if possible add features to wii menafen is really cool, another psx emulator its neccesary, gui its not necesary, wii mednafen gui works good

And thanks for your work

M-A-F-I-A

Trophies
Website
forum.fobby.net
XP
Country
Italy
It is impossible to bring the psx emulation of mednafen on wii as the psx mednafen module requires at least a 2.7 ghz cpu

Quote from mednafen help:

A dual-core Phenom II or Athlon II at 3GHz or higher, or rough equivalent(in terms of single-core IPC), is recommended for running Mednafen's PlayStation 1 emulation on. The PS1 emulation is currently not compatible with big-endian(PowerPC, SPARC, etc.) targets.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever thought of porting this to the Nintendo DS? As it would beat JenesisDS, SnemuDS, LameBoy, NesDS and any other console or handheld emulator which can possibly be emulated hands down.

Jacobeian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Has anyone ever thought of porting this to the Nintendo DS? As it would beat JenesisDS, SnemuDS, LameBoy, NesDS and any other console or handheld emulator which can possibly be emulated hands down.

Considering the emulators you are refering to were highly optimized for the (slow) NDS CPU, i really doubt a straight Mednafen port would "beat" them.
Also consider that Mednafen has been ported to many console platforms and that NDS homebrew scene is quite mature now: if it has not been ported yet, there is probably a good reason for that, and the reason is very likely that requirements are too high for NDS.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried running WiiMednafen but my screen just stays black, no menu. How can I fix that?

EDIT: Forget I said that, it was my USB drive. I removed my pendrive and Windows said it needed formatted, I tried it then and it started running. My fault though, I had an error with another app involving my pendrive and forgot about it.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Any updates?
Sorry for necrobump but @raz0red gave me a new version of WiiMednafen, i uploaded it here, its latest version is v0.3-SNAPSHOT-202109042241, it's avaliable to download here:
https://gbatemp.net/download/wiimednafen.37238/

Also i've made a vWii forwarder for WiiMednafen. I will post it in this quote from https://gbatemp.net/posts/9573629:
Hi guys

Since i couldn't find a working vWii forwarder of WiiMednafen i decided to make one, using latest revision r2 of the tiny vWii NAND Loader by @FIX94, replacing the 00000002.app file inside WAD. I will attach here in this post.
It forwards to:
SD:/apps/wiimednafen/boot.dol
SD:/apps/wiimednafen/boot.elf
USB:/apps/wiimednafen/boot.dol
USB:/apps/wiimednafen/boot.elf

Credits to @mastershoes for the original forwarder (WiiMednafen 2nd Edition), @FIX94 for the vWii NAND Loader r2, @RunningSnakes for testing it and everyone who collaborates in the scene, and you of all for using it.

Greetings to all :)

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Reactions: Maeson

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum