Homebrew WiiMednafen - a port of Mednafen for the Wii

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As some of you sure noticed: you can set virtual boy emulation to 2d and 3d. I tried every 3d-color-combination with my 3D-Red/Green-Paper-Googles (Got them from my xbox360 Batman-A.A. game) but it didn't really worked. Has anyone managed to play a virtual boy-rom in real 3D? What was your settings/eqipment? :blink:

Ralph C.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sadly I have a problem with double strike
the image keeps on flickering : \
Maybe it's for my pal system? in this case PAL60 will not help?

it's strange because all other emulators works flawlessly in 240p
even in NTSC video mode (I'm on a multistandard crt Sony PVM)

thanks

raz0red

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly I have a problem with double strike
the image keeps on flickering : \
Maybe it's for my pal system? in this case PAL60 will not help?

it's strange because all other emulators works flawlessly in 240p
even in NTSC video mode (I'm on a multistandard crt Sony PVM)

thanks

This is not unexpected and is mentioned in the release notes:

*NOTE* Double strike mode has not been tested on PAL Wii systems and as such may not function properly. Further, double strike for PAL-based games (288p) has not been implemented. If there is enough interest, I will look into adding support in a future release.

However, I was under the impression that it would work in PAL60. In either case, if you are interested in helping me test this, I can probably add support for PAL fairly easily. Just, send me a PM and I will send you some test binaries (I have no means to test it myself).

Thanks.

--Raz.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This looks very interesting. However, I wonder if the implementation of an SNES emulator is planned / would be possible? Or was it left because it is impossible (or other reasons)?

Jacobeian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Snes9xGx is a good enough emulator, I don't see why Snes emulation would need to be implemented into Mednafen.

Same could be said for Master System and Genesis... still it's good to have alternatives.
Also I guess having everything in the same app might be nice for people who just want to play various games briefly.

Anyway, Mednafen SNES emulation is based on BSNES, which contrary to other emulators, has never been ported on Wii.
This only makes a good reason in my opinion, even just to test how fast (or more likely how slow) it runs.
That's probably why razored probably decided it was unnecessary efforts to implement it at the moment.
Similarly, Mednafen also supports PSX, might be interesting to see how it compares to WiiSX

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The performance core of Bsnes is said to be the one that could run on a wii (since it sacrifices speed over compatibility). It could be done, but to what extent I don't know. Byuu would be the one to ask about that though. As far as WiiSX goes, that's another puzzle that's yet to be solved, but could be doable once the next version's released.

catuligbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Snes9xGx is a good enough emulator, I don't see why Snes emulation would need to be implemented into Mednafen.

Same could be said for Master System and Genesis... still it's good to have alternatives.
Also I guess having everything in the same app might be nice for people who just want to play various games briefly.

Anyway, Mednafen SNES emulation is based on BSNES, which contrary to other emulators, has never been ported on Wii.
This only makes a good reason in my opinion, even just to test how fast (or more likely how slow) it runs.
That's probably why razored probably decided it was unnecessary efforts to implement it at the moment.
Similarly, Mednafen also supports PSX, might be interesting to see how it compares to WiiSX

I dont know madnafen support PSX this is a big deal, Another PSX emulator in scene its very neccesary, GUI its not needed with wiimednafen DOS style menus its suficient, PCSX-Revolution r84 USB2 Cios202 works good (especially megaman x games only regret more compatibility)

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is an awesome handy emulator, but on NES, when i play Super Mario Bros it does not start with 1-1. on any other emulator or regularly played on the NES, its normal ,but it starts up as 0-1? .... Whats wrong? Can it be a problem with the emulator or by pressing a button accidently?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is an awesome handy emulator, but on NES, when i play Super Mario Bros it does not start with 1-1. on any other emulator or regularly played on the NES, its normal ,but it starts up as 0-1? .... Whats wrong? Can it be a problem with the emulator or by pressing a button accidently?

Get a good rom.

Yoni Arousement

Trophies
Website
yonihq.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I just tried it, and I have to say it performs better than VBA GX. On that emulator, in the game Digimon Sapphire it would go to the ending credits after every level I beat but on this emulator it doesn't which is a good thing in the sense that your Digivice meter doesn't reset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Did ya know, you can turn a Hot Wheels PC into a gaming rig... +1