Hacking WiiFlow

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
dno32 said:
Hibern,

Would you consider supporting WiiFlow if you received some donations?

Hibern has already stated and even advertises on wiiflow to direct all donations to WiiTDB.com

QUOTE(MadBob @ Oct 5 2009, 03:19 PM) Has anyone posted a WiiFlow Config file with the game settings in (to get the ones that are a pain running)

There was a Wiki somewhere but the search is still rubbish, even after 7 years of GBATemp
smile.gif

no such thing

zulu12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All....

Is there anyway that I can download all the NTSC-U game cover and place them in the folder. Since my wii don't have internet connection and I can not download it.

Also, where can I download the whole package of NTSC-U HQ game cover for Wiiflow....

Thank You very much....

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
ganons said:
Installed 1.1 from light package and now it says it needs ios 222 rev 2 or later. Some help please

what boot.dol are you using wiiflow_222 or wiiflow_249 ?

have you installed cIOS 222 ? latest is rev 4 and 38 merged with 37 )

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
dno32 said:
Hibern,

Girlfriend : "Say yes! say yes!"

Seriously, these are the people you mostly owe WiiFlow to :
- DevkitPro
- HackMii (don't know if they accept donations, especially from pirates !)
- WiiTDB (believe me, the site is expensive)

After you've donated to them all, do you really think you'll have enough money left to motivate me ?
Obviously not, i'm too expensive for you, got better things to do with my spare time
smile.gif

(...instead of donating to a project that tells you it's for orphans or a "hard work" of copy pasting and Q&D code, donate to people who really deserve it or directly donate to the orphans. hope this comment won't set the forum on fire though)

hackedad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hibern said:
dno32 said:
Hibern,

- DevkitPro

After you've donated to them all, do you really think you'll have enough money left to motivate me ?
Obviously not, i'm too expensive for you, got better things to do with my spare time
smile.gif

(...instead of donating to a project that tells you it's for orphans or a "hard work" of copy pasting and Q&D code, donate to people who really deserve it or directly donate to the orphans. hope this comment won't set the forum on fire though)

Honestly, that's good sport of you...similar to when I asked the coder of RToolDS if he took donations. he basically told me to donate to a worthy charity instead.

I do have some questions...please bear with me as I'm trying to wrap my mind around all this. I realize these aren't direct questions about WiiFlow, but I'm still a bit unsure of what I'm doing even after reading the readme's and guides.

Wii's current state:
Softmodded via xzxero's guide to system menu 4.1
Bootmii as Boot2, and Preloader 0.29 (without updates to 3.0)
No current plans to update to 4.2 just yet
Current have preloader set to go to system menu on startup

Goal:
Have preloader start WiiFlow automatically, prior to system menu
Have Forwarder channel available on System Menu, as well

Questions:
Are these the right steps to get the WiiFlow forwarder channel installed (forwarding to the external HDD)? For example, to install the WiiFlow Static Channel as a forwarder:[*]Install "WiiFlow Static Channel Forwarder-WFHL.wad" using WAD Manager[*]Make a copy of the /apps/WiiFlow_249 directory and rename it to /apps/WiiFlow (all on the external HDD)[*]Copy the boot.dol file from /apps/WiiFlow_249 to /wiiflow/ on external HDD? This is part of why I'm confused...the readme for the channels lists 2 paths for it /apps/wiiflow/boot.col and /wiiflow/boot.dol. So do I pick either one, or do I need to have the boot.dol in both of them?
Then to get preloader to autoboot into WiiFlow directly:[*]Copy boot.dol from the /apps/WiiFlow_249 folder to root of SD card[*]Rename this boot.dol to WiiFlow.dol[*]Put SD card in Wii[*]Start wii, enter Preloader Menu (holding down reset)[*]Select option to load/install file[*]Select WiiFlow.dol file[*]Preloader writes WiiFlow.dol into the NAND[*]Change startup option to boot to file instead of boot to System Menu[*]Confusing thing for me is that if it's writing the boot.dol to the NAND, how does it know where to find all the files on the USB HDD...is it looking in the SD then USB automatically? If so, I guess that makes sense, I am just not sure if that's how it works.
Once the above is done, do I still need WiiFlow.dol on the SD card?
Can I remove the SD card and keep it out of the Wii, or does it have to remain in there to know where the hacks.ini file is?
If it only needs to remain for the hacks.ini, can preloader be set to look for hacks.ini on the external HDD thus eliminating the need for the SD card?

Thanks in advance!

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
geedub said:
dno32 said:
Hibern,

Hibern has already stated and even advertises on wiiflow to direct all donations to WiiTDB.com

MadBob said:
Has anyone posted a WiiFlow Config file with the game settings in (to get the ones that are a pain running)

There was a Wiki somewhere but the search is still rubbish, even after 7 years of GBATemp
smile.gif

no such thing

Every time you set specific settings per game it stores the details in the wiiflow config file, what I am suggesting is that people who have their games working post the settings from that file and we can all benefit by pasting them into ours.

CODE
[RZTP01]
adult_only=no
block_ios_reload=no
cheat=default
country_patch=no
dol=main.dol
error_002_fix=yes
favorite=no
ios=0
language=0
patch_video_modes=0
video_mode=0
vipatch=no

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
geedub said:
ganons said:
Installed 1.1 from light package and now it says it needs ios 222 rev 2 or later. Some help please

I though I had the right cios installed as v1 loaded fine. Can u pm me the cios please?

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
hackedad spot on really mate !

2. easiest way is to copy and paste the folders onto your fat partition , then in the apps folder rename either WiiFlow_249 or WiiFlow_222 to wiiflow if you want to use a forwader , alternatively just install as a channel

3. doesnt matter

9. yes wiiflow is written to check usb and sd , it will also automatically save covers to HDD /USB ( unless edited in th ini file )

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
ganons said:
geedub said:
ganons said:

I though I had the right cios installed as v1 loaded fine. Can u pm me the cios please?

its the full Uloader 3.0C , but you only need to run the cios_installer from the homebrew channel

rev4
wink2.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyhkzrygmn2

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
@ MadBob , yes i know what you mean mate and what i meant was there isnt one

the problem with that is what works for one might not work for another

different cios revisions , different console and game regions , different rips , some need to force regions others dont different tv's even etc etc.............get my point ?

just my opinion btw

dno32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hibern said:
dno32 said:
Hibern,

- DevkitPro

smile.gif

I didn't mean just me but I get your point

Thanks again for WiiFlow

TTFN

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
geedub said:
ganons said:
geedub said:
ganons said:

its the full Uloader 3.0C , but you only need to run the cios_installer from the homebrew channel

rev4
wink2.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyhkzrygmn2

thanks will try

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
geedub said:
The Beast said:
Freudian Lemur said:
I have Wiiflow installed as a channel (ie no boot.dol file because the channel is self contained). To update to 1.1 would I need to uninstall the channel? Or do I just have to change the contents of the "wiiflow" folder on the FAT partition of my hard drive?

You just need to change the contents of the Wiiflow folder.

thats wrong !

he is talking about a channel not a forwader !

yes you will need to uninstall the channel and reinstall a new 1.1 channel wad ( depending on what / who's channel you are using the new one may overwrite the existing channel )
Thanks a lot! I wasn't sure if the update was in the actual code itself or just a modification in the config files or something (unlikely). I couldn't think how to describe that I had the whole thing as a channel, not just a forwarder (couldn't remember that word
wacko.gif
). It's all working well now, many thanks!
yay.gif

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
Hey man. Absolutely excellent job on WiiFlow. Best damn usb loader around by far.

I have a couple of simple requests that I would like to see made whether it be by you Hibern or someone modifying the source.

1.I would like it that when I press the home button that it doesn't just go straight to system menu or the loader, but instead get a pop-up window giving you the choice to goto system menu, homebrew channel, and even bootmii if you're able to.

2.It would be great if there could be just one version of WiiFlow that works with both ios 222 and 249 and you can set which IOS to use per game in the game load settings.

3.The last thing that I would love to see is being able to goto a screen with homebrew apps listed.

If this is easily able to be done then I would call it finished and perfect.

If you are unable to do this or have dropped this project totally, then thank you for all you're hard work thus far in making the best usb loader out there.

ive numbered these to make it easier

1, there is a HBC iso , therefore you can just load the HBC iso in the loader or alternatively individual apps iso's ( they are forwaders afaik) also you could just as easy power off and on for the bootmii screen ( as long as files are on card )

2,there is if you use 249 , you can select 222 for individual games or vice versa

3, see 1 , ( hibern never planned to implement this )

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was running version 1.0 and tried upgrading to 1.1. Did not work. I was using the 249 version. what's the latest 249 version? what could be my problem??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...