Hacking WiiFlow

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(EDIT) Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to use my other "no FAT32 partition" drive to get WiiFlow to read from my SD. Then when I use my 2 partition drive, WiiFlow somehow knows that the data is on my sd card. This simply wouldn't work from my first try, even though it worked with previous versions. It's not a bug, just a quirk with loading from sd when a FAT32 partition exists on the first launch.

(Original Post vvvvv)
Apparently the "data_on_usb=no" command is no longer working for me. I can't get my covers and themes on my sd to show at all. My drive has a FAT32 Partition, but all my data is on my sd.

Hibern said:
- You can change data paths in wiiflow.ini
I'm guessing this is my problem. I read through the FAQ and Readme included with 1.1, but I didn't see info on how to change the data paths. Forgive me if I should know how, but I simply don't. Any advice would be appreciated.

And thanks again for the greatest loader Hibern
smile.gif

testmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, guys.
I'd like to know how to uninstall wiiflow before I install it. I've gone through those text files after I unzipped the zip file, I couldn't find any information about uninstalling wiiflow. How can I uninstall wiiflow?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
testmann said:
Hi, guys.
I'd like to know how to uninstall wiiflow before I install it. I've gone through those text files after I unzipped the zip file, I couldn't find any information about uninstalling wiiflow. How can I uninstall wiiflow?
You can just delete the folder apps:wiiflow/ and everything from sd or usb:\wiiflow\ except for the cover image folders (if you don't want to download them all again). Then simply drag all the new files from the 1.1 download onto your sd.

Simply put, just replace the old files with the new one, and probably delete wiiflow.ini and cache folder, to let them be created again.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
dsfanatic5 said:
[I read through the FAQ and Readme included with 1.1, but I didn't see info on how to change the data paths. Forgive me if I should know how, but I simply don't. Any advice would be appreciated.
Just open the file sd:/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini and change the values of the variables dir_box_covers and dir_flat_covers accordingly to your covers directories paths.

It works like a charm, I now have the same covers folders used by WiiFlow 1.1, CoverFloader r975, Configurable USB Loader and USB Loaders GX...

This are my configurations (see spoiler):

1) covers folders in SD or USB:
sd:/images/2d/ (2D covers 160x224)
sd:/images/3d/ (3D covers 176x248)
sd:/images/full/ (FULL covers 512x340 or 1024x680)
sd:/images/disc/ (discarts 160x160)

2) loaders configurations:
QUOTEConfigurable USB Loader - config.txt file in "sd:/usb-loader/":
covers_path_2d = sd:/images/2d
covers_path_3d = sd:/images/3d
covers_path_disc = sd:/images/disc
covers_path_full = sd:/images/full

USB Loader GX - GXGlobal.cfg file on "sd:/config/":
cover_path = SD:/IMAGES/3D/
cover2d_path = SD:/IMAGES/2D/
disc_path = SD:/IMAGES/DISC/

CoverFloader 1.2a - wiicoverflow.xml file in "sd:/usb-loader/":
dir_3dcovers="sd:/images/full"
dir_covers="sd:/images/2d"
dir_disks="sd:/images/disc"

WiiFlow 1.1 - wiiflow.ini file in "sd:/wiiflow/":
dir_box_covers=sd:/images/full
dir_flat_covers=sd:/images/2d

Enjoy, and thanks again Hibern for this dream

Cambo

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cambric

Thanks for the info. I just didn't know the path or folder names. Were these created by WiiFlow first, and then you knew what to edit (example dir_box_covers, etc.)? I try to look at the wiiflow.ini using notepad, but all the code/text just runs together, and I don't know what's what. I'm also very tired and worn out from work, so I bet that doesn't help
sleep.gif

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
dsfanatic5 said:
@cambric

Thanks for the info. I just didn't know the path or folder names. Were these created by WiiFlow first, and then you knew what to edit (example dir_box_covers, etc.)? I try to look at the wiiflow.ini using notepad, but all the code/text just runs together, and I don't know what's what. I'm also very tired and worn out from work, so I bet that doesn't help
sleep.gif

This is the very beginning of my wiiflow.ini file:

QUOTE[ GENERAL]
allow_texture_compression=yes
alphabetic_search_on_plus_minus=no
box_mode=yes
cheat=no
compress_cache=no
cover_buffer=120
current_game=
dir_box_covers=sd:/images/full
dir_cache=sd:/wiiflow/cache
dir_flat_covers=sd:/images/2d
dir_music=sd:/wiiflow/music
dir_themes=sd:/wiiflow/themes
error_002_fix=yes

In bold I emphasized the paths I changed

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
dsfanatic5 said:
@cambric

sleep.gif

simple solution mate is right click ini file and open with wordpad ! then its listed
yay.gif
works for windows anyway

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No themes work for me in 1.1, I deleted the themes folder and copied from the Zip, I think there are theme.ini files missing?

JDTan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
with 1.1 will the Cios 222 work for the ssbb?
sorry but i'm new installing this is just copy paste it to the sd card or Hardisk?
ibought my wii softmodded already and have wiiflow installed so i am really new.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i hope hibern will stay with the scene after he released the source to the public.

he has some great gx-conding-skills and it would be sad if he would leave us. maybe he could gather with some other guys to support hb-project with their gx-skills.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have Wiiflow installed as a channel (ie no boot.dol file because the channel is self contained). To update to 1.1 would I need to uninstall the channel? Or do I just have to change the contents of the "wiiflow" folder on the FAT partition of my hard drive?

The Beast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Freudian Lemur said:
I have Wiiflow installed as a channel (ie no boot.dol file because the channel is self contained). To update to 1.1 would I need to uninstall the channel? Or do I just have to change the contents of the "wiiflow" folder on the FAT partition of my hard drive?

You just need to change the contents of the Wiiflow folder.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
The Beast said:
Freudian Lemur said:

thats wrong !

he is talking about a channel not a forwader !

yes you will need to uninstall the channel and reinstall a new 1.1 channel wad ( depending on what / who's channel you are using the new one may overwrite the existing channel )

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has anyone posted a WiiFlow Config file with the game settings in (to get the ones that are a pain running)

There was a Wiki somewhere but the search is still rubbish, even after 7 years of GBATemp
smile.gif

The Beast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
geedub said:
The Beast said:
Freudian Lemur said:

thats wrong !

he is talking about a channel not a forwader !

yes you will need to uninstall the channel and reinstall a new 1.1 channel wad ( depending on what / who's channel you are using the new one may overwrite the existing channel )

I just changed the contents of the wiiflow folder and my old channel worked just fine, should have said that the new apps folder is also needed.

Unless we are talking about something else
wacko.gif

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
yes we are talking about a channel

you must be using a forwader , which directs to the folder ...... wiiflow / boot.dol ( the forwader will run any boot.dol in that folder , you could put wad manager boot.dol in there and your forwader would load wad manager )

whereas a channel has the boot.dol incorporated into it so it doesnt need the folder wiiflow / boot.dol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm